• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
bannerrsk5x.png

banner2ejjg8.png

mando4afkzg.png

synopsis21yju7.png

text1vukq6.png

crew_altyxk0f.png

crew1u6jan.png

mando33kki9.jpeg

crew_3_altthj8u.png

mando96qkkh.png

crew2l5j5m.png

deathvakwq.png

castsyjnb.png

mando_headerxkj2l.png

mando5fvjow.jpg

mando_textv3j11.png

cara_headertuj1a.png

mando5knjy8.png

cara_text2prk6x.png

carl_headerkekw6.png

greefaxka6.jpg

carl_textayk8o.png

ig_headerlakb8.png

mando7jmkmd.jpg

ig_text8tk0t.png

kuiil_headerhskim.png

kuiila5jqb.png

kuiil_text7xkee.png

gideon_headervskkx.png

mando68yksc.jpg

gideon_textkrj2p.png

fennec_headertek38.png

fennec9ej5y.png

fennec_textgqkbl.png

cast_extrat1k7h.png

raz23jbe.png

razorcrestxzjos.png

raz_textsejb4.png

history44kcg.png

mando_1t8ka3.png

planetkwjt6.png

mando_287j9o.png

obippkv6.png

mando_37cjux.png

trailers96jq9.png

giphy.gif

aZyvE04.gif

COUNTDOWN TO CHAPTER 8

t1577433600z1.png

WARNING: WHEN AN EPISODE IS UP, SPOILERS FOR THAT EPISODE CAN BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD

Last edited:

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to spoil anything, but I can confirm that the main character will shoot something with a weapon commonly referred to as a gun at some point in the series.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Can't believe we're almost there...haven't been this excited for anything SW in years.

Can't wait to see...

what the major "Star Wars universe" spoiler is in the 1st episode.

Above is not really a spoiler, but it there just to be safe.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic OT.

Cannot wait for this, and Fallen Order on Friday. It's going to be a good week.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
I remember the time when the rumors of an ABC live-action Star Wars TV show taking place between episodes 3 and 4 were at all time high and I can't help but admire the fact that fucking finally this is it. I mean almost. I mean, at least it doesn't involve a caravan or ewoks or christmas.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know there's a good quick recap in the OT but I figured I'd list out a somewhat more detailed rundown of anything from the Clone Wars, Rebels, and the rest of the new canon that may or may not have any relevance to this show. With Filoni's involvement and the level of connectivity in the new canon, you can never be sure.

Ancient history
  • The Mandalorians come into conflict with the Jedi for many years
  • Mandalore is wracked by centuries of war between different clans and becomes a desolate wasteland
  • Clan Vizsla steals the darksaber, a unique-looking black lightsaber that was used by Tarre Vizsla, the first Mandalorian Jedi
Events of Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Duchess Satine Kryze, an old flame of Obi-Wan Kenobi, manages to unite the clans of Mandalore under a new pact of nonviolence and refuses to join the Clone Wars on either side
  • Death Watch, a Mandalorian terrorist group run by Pre Vizsla, makes attempts on Satine's life
  • Vizsla meets Darth Maul and his brother Savage Opress and forms an alliance with them to overthrow Satine and conquer Mandalore
  • After overthrowing Satine, Vizsla refuses to turn Mandalore over to a foreigner. Maul kills him in combat and claims the darksaber and control of Mandalore. Satine's sister, Death Watch member Bo-Katan Kryze, refuses to support him and leaves to get help
  • Obi-Wan is lured to Mandalore by Maul and forced to watch him execute Satine. He remains true to the light side and does not take vengeance and instead flees
  • Sheev "The Senate" "Frank" "Darth Sidious" Palpatine comes to Mandalore, kills Savage, and takes Maul hostage
  • Maul escapes with the help of his men and returns to Mandalore. In the final days of the war, Ahsoka Tano leads a strike force to liberate the planet. Before she can take Maul into custody, Order 66 occurs, she is forced to fake her death, and the Empire occupies Mandalore
Events of Star Wars Rebels
  • Sabine Wren, a weapons expert from Clan Wren, rebels against her family and the Empire and joins the crew of the Ghost, a small Rebel cell based out of Lothal
  • Civil war erupts between Mandalorian clans loyal to the Empire and those that want to overthrow it. Fenn Rau, leader of the Protectors of Concord Dawn, recruits Sabine to defeat Gar Saxon, the Imperial-appointed Mandalorian dictator, and claim the darksaber for herself
  • The crew of the Ghost help the Mandalorians destroy a superweapon, leading to open warfare against the Empire on the planet. Sabine gives Bo-Katan the darksaber and she becomes the new leader of Mandalore
Events immediately following Return of the Jedi
  • The Empire falls under the leadership of Gallius Rax, a protege of Palpatine who begins secretly enacting a contingency to destroy and reform the remnants of the Empire
  • The Rebel forces ally with Rae Sloane, a high-ranking Imperial officer who refuses to collaborate with Rax's plan
  • Rax enacts his final plot at Jakku, where the Rebels and Empire have both been lured into a trap where he plans to destroy the entire planet and both forces. Sloane and the Rebels defeat him
  • Sloane takes the Imperial remnants into the Unknown Regions, where they are reformed into the First Order
  • The Imperial remnants left in the civilized galaxy sign a Galactic Concordence in which they surrender and recognize the authority of the New Republic
  • Ahsoka recruits Sabine to help find Ezra Bridger, who disappeared into the void of hyperspace four years earlier

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they explore a little about Manadalore's history.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I honestly think the week to week waits are gonna kill me worst than any other episodic show i have seen in a long while.

I started 'Watchmen' on Friday night (binged all 3 episodes) and that wait is brutal.

Mando waits are likely gonna be insanity.
Honestly I like it even if the wait is killer. More conversation, more analysis. Instead of everything being lost in the mix via brute force binging

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'm guessing the release schedule is wack because they want to launch on Tuesday and they need a small void for TROS.

Anyway... please be good.

Dec 12, 2017
Honestly I like it even if the wait is killer. More conversation, more analysis. Instead of everything being lost in the mix via brute force binging
Oh i agree. Weekly episodic waits are a lost art in the Netflix Era but when shows have good content, it becomes a good thing.

I look forward to reading people's posts on this one. I have a feeling it will be the least divisive SW content in a looooong while. 🙂🙂🙂

thats dumb, wonder why
Allows them to deploy a new service and spot check the roll out ahead of a huge influx of traffic for the desired content.

Think of it like Disneyland opening the park 3 hours ahead of opening Galaxy's Edge on opening day.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think the week to week waits are gonna kill me worst than any other episodic show i have seen in a long while.

I started 'Watchmen' on Friday night (binged all 3 episodes) and that wait is brutal.

Mando waits are likely gonna be insanity.

Weekly is the worst when we now know how much better full run drops are. I cannot stand weekly shows, if you are making a streaming show it should be law to do full run dumps. It is such a better experience for the viewer and let's showrunners make much tighter plotted shows when they know you won't have forgotten the first episode two months later.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Weekly is the worst when we now know how much better full run drops are. I cannot stand weekly shows, if you are making a streaming show it should be law to do full run dumps. It is such a better experience for the viewer and let's showrunners make much tighter plotted shows when they know you won't have forgotten the first episode two months later.
Yeah but what if you could pay for two months of a subscription instead of one?

Dec 12, 2017
For event shows, i think weekly drops are better. It allows for discussion, speculation and it makes for appointment viewing. See: GoT

The bad thing about full episode drops is, you ALWAYS have scenarios where people are at different points in the season. Some folks binge the whole thing within hours of it going live. Others are slower watchers. The discussion gets incredibly fragmented.

Weekly rollouts ensure that everyone is at least at the same position week to week.

Status
Not open for further replies.