• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I very much enjoyed the first episode. Some of the shots Filoni did were really quite something. I really didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Connected with every character. Subverted some things but in a clever way that actually was satisfying.

Honestly...this made me really excited to see more and I know this is gonna sound like hyperbole, but this really is the best thing to come out of Star Wars since TFA, IMHO.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
how much can you really connect with a character that always has a helmet on?
Darth-Vader.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
did anyone else SCREAM when they showed the salacious crumbs in the cages/getting roasted over a spit

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
40 minutes of movie-level visuals is better than 60 minutes of same old TV visuals.
Yeah for real. I'd rather have right episodes that move along. Let's not waste money just trying to hit a certain run time, and also drag out the story. We don't want this to turn into Daredevil mid season.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I love the week to week rollout. We get to discuss it and do theory's and stuff. As opposed to if they were released all at one time people would be done by like 6 am and already be waiting with spoilers and some of us would take weeks to even watch the whole series.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Came in with no expectations... I liked it. I'm not sure it'll be the best show, how much can you really connect with a character that always has a helmet on? But as long as it's fun entertainment that does the star wars universe right, I'm on board.
Counterpoint: people love Dredd. And Pascal's Mandalorian has already shown more personality than Dredd did throughout that movie.

Everyone talking about how Mandalorians are so rare is kinda weird knowing that there's an entire colony of them on the main Fringe world though.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched it. God damn this is fantastic. I could easily see this becoming my favorite thing to come out of the Star Wars universe post Disney if the rest of the season is as good as ep 1.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I mean sure, but I'm talking more about it creating better discussion around the shows. Everyone gets to take it in and react at the same pace.

Yeah, I agree too that some shows on streaming would've survived for longer or more popular if they were weekly and not dumped all at once, only to be lost among the sea of hype after just one weekend.

Some shows need to be events in order to get WOM out. Season premiers, season finales, even mid-season finales are good ways for some episodes to stand out.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I wonder if we'll actually find out the species name now. That's one of the big mysteries Disney era SW hasn't yet revealed.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Show was fantastic. I can't believe people were whining about the run time. Don't you remember what ended up happening to every Marvel Netflix show when they needed to hit length and episode count requirements?

Let them tell the story at the right pace. An efficient 35 minutes is way better than 20 minutes of fluff.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Predict.
The Season will end with The Mando get his bounty on his head which makes him fight many bounty hunters in the galaxy on Season 2 that includes Boba Fett.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
He has my favourite design in any medium, but RotJ was pretty clear what was going to happen when the Sarlacc gets you. I would hate it if they brought him back for fan service.
Tales of the Bounty Hunters was one of the first Star Wars books I read, and that was the one where they explained how he got out of the pit. I always just accepted it as canon, because it was for a long while.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Tales of the Bounty Hunters was one of the first Star Wars books I read, and that was the one where they explained how he got out of the pit. I always just accepted it as canon, because it was for a long while.
I understand and I still hope thay they make a movie about him one day. It should take place a few years before ANH and RO.

Does someone know what "the great purge" referred to? I've seen both TCW and Rebels, bit I've never heard of it.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
So I'm pretty sure there was a portal Easter egg? I spied companion cube with out the heart on it. Has any one else seen similar ones in other places? I'm trying to find out if cubes like that are a common set design or if it was really a eater egg?

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

I understand and I still hope thay they make a movie about him one day. It should take place a few years before ANH and RO.

as far as canon concern.
Aftermatch's book implies/hint that he gets out from Sarlacc Pit and ditches his Mandalorian armor.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Thought it was enjoyable but a little flat through most of it. The episode accomplished the goal though because the ending has me hyped.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I'm not exactly super old lol, 34 but I grew up watching star wars and to me this show seems to be the closest to the original trilogy outside of rouge one. I liked seven and eight but to me personally Star Wars always felt darker and more grimy. To me this feels like classic Star Wars! Now in classic Star Wars tradition I demand everyone chop off someone's arm/hand!

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I like the first eps. Now I feel like I need to catch up the Clone Wars. I was surprised by the runtime but if they have the freedom to choose the runtime, it is better. It won't feel like it is stretching out or squeezing in everything.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I'm going to be using I have Spoken to end conversations a lot in the next few weeks

Great first episode. If this quality stays the same this will be the best Disney Star Wars content they have made

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Sadly I had this issue on PS4 (though my headset made it fairly easy to understand the dialogue). It's gonna be a bummer if the captions still aren't functioning properly once the second ep drops, though, because that's when I'm showing the series to my roommates and one of them really struggles with this stuff.
Had the same issue. Was looking around for a fix but saw nothing. I dont see a report button or anything either.

Status
Not open for further replies.