• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2017
Wasnt a fan of this episode at all. It was only 30 minutes, and barely anything actually happened. Felt like filler and an excuse to show jawas for nostalgia.

But this episode wasn't filler. It showed a few things:
1) this world is dangerous and more people are hunting the Yodling than we thought.
2) the duo have bonded...the Mandalorian isn't just protecting quarry...it's becoming more.
3) Yodling senses something in Mandalorian and actually wants to help him
4) Mandalorian realizes even in a lawless setting, brute force isn't the only way to settle a dispute
5) Mandalorian respects those that help him and realizes everything in his live doesn't have to always be transactional.
6) the audience is left begging for more.

All that in 30 minutes.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Love the show so far. Mando is just visually cool, the lack of dialogue and atmospheric environmental storytelling is fantastic, and the production designs are outstanding.

My only complaints:

-I'm greedy. I want longer episodes, although I respect the tight pacing.

-Had the same issue with Rogue One, but SW without John Williams just messes with my brain. I know this will be the norm going into the future, but man... it's a harder pill to swallow than I thought it would be. Some of the music in this show reminds me of Bill Conti's stuff from ROCKY... which kind of bothers me, lol.

Can't wait for more!

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
I am absolutely in love with Ludwig Göransson's work on this show. It's such a departure from typical Star Wars music and I never realized just how ready I was for something different.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
|OT| Can I Offer You A Souka In These Poodoo Times?

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
The quality of the CGI is great especially when you compare it to what crazy George thought was passible. He had options.
Only on Era will you find that person that compares 2019 CG to 2002 CG and thinks that's fair.

Lucas has flaws, but he and his company were throughout one of the main pioneers in CGI and advanced technology in filmmaking. To trash him for some of the most advanced CGI at the time, because we can do better in 2019 is just dumb, honestly.

Dec 31, 2017
mswjmjfv5zy31.jpg

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't agree that 1+2 should've been one episode for the simple fact that we would've lost the Yodel reveal as a cliffhanger.

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the second episode was cute. It actually had some personality and the filmmaking was vastly better.

Baby Yoda is adorable. I hope the mysteries they keep dangling pay off in a substantive way because so far that's about the only thing the show has going for it from a storytelling perspective.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea. Loving this but if you're going to have only 30 min episodes with no real antagonist, all the episodes should have been released at once.

Waiting a week for 30 min episodes is not fun.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
i laughed at the ''i'm a Mandalorian, weapons are part of my religion" line because of the potential memes replacing Mandalorian with American.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
baby yoda surely going to make a lot of moneys. My wife who doesnt like star wars wanted me to order a baby yoda toy

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I will legit be sad if this whole show isn't a Lone Wolf and Cub (one of the greatest mangas ever) adaptation with Mando and baby Yoda.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
If Filoni hasn't graduated to the point of deciding the main story beats for where Star Wars is headed at this point, then we've got a problem. The man knows what he's doing and its time to give him the ability to decide the overall direction of where future films are headed as well.
I really don't understand how anyone can think this based on what we've seen so far, although it's been fine. The story and direction of episode 1 were nothing special.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This has major samurai jack/tartakovsky vibes for me.

There's not a lot of dialogue, there's a lot of interesting stuff happening, the space western feel, well done direction (loved the shot where you could see them jumping cliffs in the reflection of the helmet), subtle humor, well done action.

I'm beginning to get a feel for this show and I like it. It's as small as I could possibly hope for. No crew, no galaxy destroying stakes, just a lone wolf and his force sensitive Yoda baby.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Not much to add. Really enjoying it, and it's my favorite live-action SW content since the OG trilogy.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Ep2 was fine, I enjoyed it more than ep1 I think. I love the jawas appearance lol.

I'm kinda enjoying the more Mando-character focused the show has been so far, compared to the bigger scope movies. That might change going into the later episodes but we'll see I guess.

The shorter runtime of the 2 episodes didn't really matter much to me as we get a lot from it and it didn't feel rushed. But of course I wouldn't mind longer runtime :P

Baby Yoda is the Pikachu of Star Wars lol.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
Why did Mando feel it necessary to vaporize the Jawas (over using some other non-lethal means of subduing them)? They're seriously not that big a threat to him, but I guess he got pissed off they stole parts from his ship. In some ways it reminded me of Anakin slaughtering Tusken Raiders.

Oh and these episodes better start getting longer. 30 minutes is ridiculous for a non-comedy series. I want to see 50 minute episodes minimum.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017

I absolutely love Herzog's reaction to Baby Yoda. Also confirms that there are two people that operate the puppet.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
-Had the same issue with Rogue One, but SW without John Williams just messes with my brain. I know this will be the norm going into the future, but man... it's a harder pill to swallow than I thought it would be. Some of the music in this show reminds me of Bill Conti's stuff from ROCKY... which kind of bothers me, lol.

Can't wait for more!
It's funny I totally see what you mean and felt the same for rouge one but for some reason it really works for me. Other then republic commando this is the only time that hasn't bothered me. Episode 2 barely moves the story along but it's so well done it's hard not to love it

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Why did Mando feel it necessary to vaporize the Jawas (over using some other non-lethal means of subduing them)? They're seriously not that big a threat to him, but I guess he got pissed off they stole parts from his ship. In some ways it reminded me of Anakin slaughtering Tusken Raiders.

Oh and these episodes better start getting longer. 30 minutes is ridiculous for a non-comedy series. I want to see 50 minute episodes minimum.

I got a feeling if he has a bazooka he would've tried to destroy the sandcrawler lol.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

They stripped his ship clean and stole from him, what else are you going to do in that moment? Of course you're going to kill as many as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.