• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will it be a post credits thing? Or will baby yoda have a force vision 🤔

Mace Windu is revealed to be alive, wearing an eyepatch from surviving his fall. He walks out of the shadows to address Baby Yoda. "You think you're the only Yoda? You're apart of a bigger galaxy. You just don't know it yet."

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Indeed, he had footprint vision on the raiders and they saw huge AT-ST tracks with their eyes in the woods but all of that including their eyes stopped working in the bandit camp, I guess the bandits had scramblers?

This show lost credibility with ep2 when they causally re-assembled the spaceship and flew into the vacuum of space with it.

.. I can't even. Have you people seen any Star Wars before this? Remember Han going outside the spaceworm with just a respirator? This isn't hard sci-fi.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
.. I can't even. Have you people seen any Star Wars before this? Remember Han going outside the spaceworm with just a respirator? This isn't hard sci-fi.
The ep2 complaint is silly but the tracking complaint is a consistency/logical issue, not a sci-fi problem.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
A bit off topic but has anybody played the Bounty Hunter PS4 port?
Is it a "good enough" game to scratch my Mandalorian gaming itch?

Pinku

Dec 21, 2017
Off topic but The Mandalorian and Fallen Jedi has got me interested in more Star Wars so I was thinking of grapic novels. If I watched all the movies but never read any of the comics, which would you guys recommend? I would like a thick book like an omnibus with modern art and some of the best star wars stories. Is there someting like that?

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Binged all of the episodes so far. I'm loving it. The production values are so high, it really feels like I'm watching a movie every week.

I had a grin on my face during the last third of episode 3. It felt like a kids fan fiction come to life lol. I was geeking out.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Off topic but The Mandalorian and Fallen Jedi has got me interested in more Star Wars so I was thinking of grapic novels. If I watched all the movies but never read any of the comics, which would you guys recommend? I would like a thick book like an omnibus with modern art and some of the best star wars stories. Is there someting like that?

the dr aphra comics are pretty fun and are set during the original trilogy

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A bit off topic but has anybody played the Bounty Hunter PS4 port?
Is it a "good enough" game to scratch my Mandalorian gaming itch?
It is a good port but to be honest if you really want to scratch the bounty hunting/mandalorian gaming itch i would be jumping into SW: The Old Republic and starting a bounty hunter.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
STOP RELEASING THEM AT 3 AM EST

9f1wbsh.gif

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Has it been commented on that the show's structure feels like a spiritual successor to 90s adventure shows like Xena, wherein our hero travels to a new locale, we get a tiny taste of their local culture, and then on their way? This of course springs from other serialized adventures like the obvious influence of Lone Wolf and Cub but it's a structure that largely hasn't existed in television for a long time.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
So I just Finished catching up to the last episode so far and I like it a lot. I guess the biggest question I have so far (as I'm sure is probably one of the most common) is how far they are going to go with Baby Yoda Considering that it seems they are positioning him as the second most important character in the show. Lucas always made it a point to never allow any official information on anything Yoda/Yoda species backstory related including not even naming his race.

It's hard to imagine that they added a character like "Baby Yoda" to this without the intent of fleshing out some information on his race.

the show seems like a lot of fun so far, curious to see the directions they take it and wether Disney will try to eventually tie shows like this in with future films.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
My main question is the Mando actually gonna be with the farmer woman (forgot her name)? No way they had hinted at a potentially relationship and then cut it off in 30 minutes. Maybe in season 2.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has it been commented on that the show's structure feels like a spiritual successor to 90s adventure shows like Xena, wherein our hero travels to a new locale, we get a tiny taste of their local culture, and then on their way? This of course springs from other serialized adventures like the obvious influence of Lone Wolf and Cub but it's a structure that largely hasn't existed in television for a long time.
Exactly. See above.

See also - Kung Fu, the Ferrigno Hulk, McGyver, etc.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeee buddy

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just Finished catching up to the last episode so far and I like it a lot. I guess the biggest question I have so far (as I'm sure is probably one of the most common) is how far they are going to go with Baby Yoda Considering that it seems they are positioning him as the second most important character in the show. Lucas always made it a point to never allow any official information on anything Yoda/Yoda species backstory related including not even naming his race.

It's hard to imagine that they added a character like "Baby Yoda" to this without the intent of fleshing out some information on his race.

the show seems like a lot of fun so far, curious to see the directions they take it and wether Disney will try to eventually tie shows like this in with future films.
Eh, I disagree.

We were with Chewbacca for 3 full movies without knowing anything about his species, really. I think they could easily go an entire series without saying anything about his species, or very little anyway.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I actually wouldn't be surprised if this series segways into straight up revealing stuff about Yoda's species. If Dave Filoni's fingerprints are in it, itll at least have major implications for the Star Wars universe no matter what story they tell. Hes basically George Lucas' protege.

Status
Not open for further replies.