• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Moff Gideon at the beginning and right before the credits of episode 8

mandalorian-trailer-images-36-600x250.png
source.gif

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
The last few episodes were pretty bad IMO, esp the acting and action, but this episode was great start to finish.

Any theories on what this baby Yoda leads to beyond the series? Is this all leading up the First Order somehow to tie into the new trilogy?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The last few episodes were pretty bad IMO, esp the acting and action, but this episode was great start to finish.

Any theories on what this baby Yoda leads to beyond the series? Is this all leading up the First Order somehow to tie into the new trilogy?
A character in a TV series tertiary to the movies?

We'll never hear about any of them again, aside from maybe a quick nod or two.

Deleted member 3758

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the "Cara is an Imperial" theory. When Mando told Baby Yoda that Cara was a friend, the Baby Yoda shook his head with a "no".

Cara was the only one in Mando's group that wanted to kill Greef after he shot his two bandits.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else believe that there is more than one bounty on the child? The IG bot said the commission was specific that the life form was to be terminated, but Mando heard from Herzog himself that capturing it alive was the highest priority, killing it would result in a lower fee. I think there are multiple parties with interest and bounties on The Child. Hell, maybe even the New Republic put the hit order on the child to keep it out of the hands of the Imperials.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else believe that there is more than one bounty on the child? The IG bot said the commission was specific that the life form was to be terminated, but Mando heard from Herzog himself that capturing it alive was the highest priority, killing it would result in a lower fee. I think there are multiple parties with interest and bounties on The Child. Hell, maybe even the New Republic put the hit order on the child to keep it out of the hands of the Imperials.
Maybe eventually, but this show stretches a three or four episode arc into like three seasons of content, judging from what we've seen so far.

It's a saturday morning cartoon paced like Lost.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
I'm still not really convinced Deborah Chow can direct action super well, which was my main problem with episode 3, but this episode had barely any -- its major set piece was the pterodactyl attack, where she could fortunately use darkness and obstruction to her advantage rather than detriment.

Good point, I actually feel like that setpiece was the weakest part of the episode.

No Episode IX spoilers allowed!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Do NOT post spoilers for Rise of Skywalker in this thread, even if they're tagged. Those stay in the spoiler thread. Spoilers posted in this thread will be subject to moderation actions.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Really excited about the finale next week. It should be really good, especially with taika helming it. Hope that season two and beyond are longer though, 8 episodes are not enough.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. Glad to see the show finally get back on track. Shame there's only one left this season :(

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Finally got to watch the latest episode. I was fine with the episodic approach, but it is good to get back to the overarching story.

So glad Cara Dune is back. Gina Carano has a naturalistic delivery that I really like, contrasted with all the kooky space weirdness of Star Wars. Same reason that Bill Burr was so great. Not everyone has to be Shakespearian.

Although, Werner Herzog has a free pass to be as Shakespearian as he likes.

Dec 12, 2017
IMO, there are certain powers that are "Force Neutral" like Telekinesis and Force Choking...others that aren't like Sith Electricity and Jedi Mind Tricks.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
IMO, there are certain powers that are "Force Neutral" like Telekinesis and Force Choking...others that aren't like Sith Electricity and Jedi Mind Tricks.
Regarding mind tricks, it depends.

If my lore is correct, influencing a person is fine... But it can be abused and turn Dark.

The Dark Jedi from the old Thrawn trilogy literally controlled a person to a point where, without his influence, he dropped dead.

Lol, Legends and the EU was interesting...

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017

Couldn't force choking just be the same power as telekinesis but used to squeeze instead of pushing or pulling? I dunno, maybe not. We do see force choke being used over vast distances, much greater than telekinesis (as far as I can remember).

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, this episode was awesome. Having recurring characters really helped.

Question though, Kuiil said he and Cara were on opposite sides. He was forced to serve the Empire, but I thought Shock Troopers fought for the Empire as well? Or was it that she deserted to the rebels (hence the rebel tattoo) and they were on opposing sides there?

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Question though, Kuiil said he and Cara were on opposite sides. He was forced to serve the Empire, but I thought Shock Troopers fought for the Empire as well? Or was it that she deserted to the rebels (hence the rebel tattoo) and they were on opposing sides there?

a lot of us were confused by this. Apparently there are rebel shock troopers now

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There's no skill tree, only intentions. Yoda cast lightning on a tree, doesn't mean he used some dark-side skill, this isn't an RPG with XP and skillpoints to spend.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
good point.

well, actually he summoned lightning from a cloud, right? he didn't shoot it from his hands. Not sure if there is a significant difference, but I assumed there was.
I really don't see it this way, but that's me, I'm sure with all of the stuff outside the movies and the commercial factors taken into account, it probably is a silly skill tree.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
That was a good episode. I really like the bit "darker" tone of this show. It feels different than the movies which is good.

Episode 6 was great too. Really nice CGI being used and I am glad this does not look like those CW shows.

Cant wait for last episode!

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
a lot of us were confused by this. Apparently there are rebel shock troopers now

Was this said before? Did I miss it somewhere? Or is this just a logical conclusion?

Man, there is a lot to like about this show, but some of the stuff feels pretty...amateurish. Mainly the writing and the acting. Not something I'd expect from a show this expensive.

As for the force choke, it's just a way to use the force right? It's just a form of telekinesis, but you use it to obstruct or squeeze someones windpipe shut.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

Following the Battle of Endor, many ex-Imperial officials became warlords. As a result, the Rebellion deployed shock troopers to hunt down and eliminate them. They were deployed in dropships without any backup. After Imperial activity had died down and the New Republic was formed, the shock troopers were converted into peacekeepers tasked with protecting New Republic delegates and controlling riots.

Oct 25, 2017
Except for the android voiced by Richard Ayoade, the group of bandits from that one episode was insufferable. Last episode was pretty great though.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this was by far the best episode of the series, and more than makes up for the last two weeks. I hope Apollo Creed and Gina all stay on as regulars next season.

Really exited to see Chow handle the Obi Wan series, since this was the episode that felt the most like a film.

Status
Not open for further replies.