• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
This is how I suspect they'll chart this, but time will tell and I'm quite excited to see where they go from here.

So yeah, I'm I intrigued by Rebels et al now as well - which one do I go for first? Does it matter?
Both are great, I'd say Clone Wars first.
Then at the very least you'd be ready for Season 7 in February faster which is Mandalore heavy

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How is it that I care more about the main cast in this series through 8 episodes than I did about any of the new cast in 3 SW movies?

Like I was legit sad for IG-11, and the fact that Mando finally got over his distrust of droids, it was just well done character building.

Stuff like this, Rogue One, Solo, and even Fallen Order still gives me faith in the Star Wars franchise.

I was just thinking about how pissed off and sad I'm going to be when the inevitable day comes and they kill Carl Weathers.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
"They're setting up an E-Web. We're totally fucked oh shit oh shit oh shit"

*moments later*

*the E-Web is literally the same as the gun Cara already had*

*also explodes to a single shot of its battery*

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Was that sword at the end a fancy sword or one of the mystic black light sabers? If I remember correctly a Mando had one? Not sure if that was legends tho

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Was that sword at the end a fancy sword or one of the mystic black light sabers? If I remember correctly a Mando had one? Not sure if that was legends tho

Not "one of", THE black lightsaber.

Taiki did say 11's arc would be very Terminatoresque but I didn't know he meant it so literally. I had posted this joke weeks ago after reading that interview:
Sde4949.jpg

Nooooooooooo

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Stupid question, what did the Moff need at the start of the episode from the three in the bar? He had the yodaling why not blast them as soon as the gun was ready?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
"They're setting up an E-Web. We're totally fucked oh shit oh shit oh shit"

*moments later*

*the E-Web is literally the same as the gun Cara already had*

*also explodes to a single shot of its battery*

E-web is much more powerful than the hand held blasters, it can take out vehicles too. Dune's just got a regular repeating blaster.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The show makes a point to show the Child looking at all the violence and soaking it in. That plus the totally casual force choke, I wonder if the Child's arc is about raising children with exposure to this stuff? Like, actual Yoda on the Jedi Council would never have approved of this lol.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, don't know too much of the lore. What's the significance of the dark saber thing? Didn't think anything of it until I came here to read up on discussion and everyone is flipping their shit over it.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
That was a fun last episode but the writing has been horrendous the whole season, I really hope Favreau leaves the task to someone more talented.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Stupid question, what did the Moff need at the start of the episode from the three in the bar? He had the yodaling why not blast them as soon as the gun was ready?

He didn't know that the Stormtroopers had The Child. Those two Stormtroopers were apart of the force that was under the previous Imp's command. They went after The Child on an impulse based on what they heard over the comm channel. That's why when they got back to town they kept trying to report in that they have The Child but their contact on the other end kept saying it was a bad idea to interrupt him.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a great fucking season. Moff looks really badass, and the saber was great.

I cared more about IG-11 than anyone from the ST, damn nice scene.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I would have checked and made sure the dude was dead after the crash. Not like they needed to rush off or anything.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Reminder that Revan almost became canon in a Clone Wars episode but the scene was deleted.

This has always bugged me, because back in Legends wasn't it 'canon' that he reformed and turned to the light? Why was he going to be a Sith ghost here? It makes more sense in TROS' guide, since the Sith probably don't want to admit they lost him the way they did if Legends' version is still canon.

This is how I suspect they'll chart this, but time will tell and I'm quite excited to see where they go from here.

So yeah, I'm I intrigued by Rebels et al now as well - which one do I go for first? Does it matter?

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to catch up on the Darksaber specifically, or the Mandolorians specifically, you could just go in order with the Mando episodes (I think io9 and a few other sites have lists). If you're going to watch the whole thing, do TCW first, in chronological order. It's better than Rebels and gets good faster (I'd argue Rebels doesn't actually get good until Thrawn shows up or when they start doing Rogue One crossovers which takes awhile).

I'm considering making a Clone Wars thread to provide information about episodes people need to watch -- that old picture everyone always posts is out of date.

Doesn't that picture have Mortis as an honorable mention or something?
People need to watch Mortis.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Great finale! Sets up some awesome stuff for the future while it wraps up the season's storyline as well, including Mando's name and origin. Moff Gideon will be a great big bad, especially since the darksaber points to him killing the Mandalorians and stealing it (I haven't seen Rebels so I don't know where it's been since TCW).

I enjoyed the series before but I really love it know since it points to it's potential. It may take a bit to get there, but the format allows for great build up and pay off, even if we may not get the character development and worldbuilding some may want much more of.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
i feel like the majority of honorable mentions became required watching as time went on.

I feel like their 'priorities' on the chart were whatever they thought the main arc of the series was. It also seemed to be based on the early season or two not being all amazing, and didn't adjust to the last few seasons where pretty much every episode was worth watching. There were a couple more glaring exceptions on the list, but I can't think of them now.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So, not being familiar with anything but the movies.. I'm guessing (ending spoiler)

that shiny black sword thing is a big deal ?

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
The conversation with the 2 scout troopers in the beginning of the episode seems like a jarring tonal shift compared to the other episodes, but then I remembered Taika directed this episode.

So, not being familiar with anything but the movies.. I'm guessing (ending spoiler)

that shiny black sword thing is a big deal ?

It's featured in the Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels animated series. Makes sense since Dave Filoni was involved in them and the Mandalorian.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The show started off decent enough, it fell off a massive cliff for me in episodes 4-6 and then the last two brought it back to being decent again.

A pretty sloppy season overall but it ended strong and I'm going to continue watching into season 2 hoping there is a stronger narrative going forward.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
So happy to see the Darksaber. My absolute favorite weapon making an (live action) appearance as a nice punctuation in the final episode of a great series. Absolutely can't wait for the second season.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't like the opening scene. Had too much marvel quippiness for my taste, but the rest of the episode was great. Cant wait to see the darksaber in action next season.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Didn't like the opening scene. Had too much marvel quippiness for my taste, but the rest of the episode was great. Cant wait to see the darksaber in action next season.

Looking at the credits, a lot of people who worked on Marvel movies worked on this Episode. Habits die hard, though I didn't mind the opening. Kinda neat to see Stromtrooper just... talking.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Taika would direct a live action feature.

The complaints about the "humor" in SW would be off the charts.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I know they've announced some directors for Season 2 but do we know if Greig Fraser and Ludwig are returning?

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The beginning with the storm troopers just talking and later having terrible aim was so great.

Taika really left his mark on this one. Great episode.

Dec 12, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.