• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Oops, sorry

I'm not sure I understand the distinction, so just to check: we can say who we're planning to vote for right?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
who all is left anyways
time for some reads?
1. [m] saenima - GMT - NEW Mentored by Fireblend
2. [m] BronsonLee - EST - NEW
4. [m] WhySoDevious - GMT-6 - NEW Mentored by Sophia
5. [f] Kitsunelaine - GMT+13
6. [m] Kalor - GMT
7. [m] Stuart444 - GMT
10. [m] Zippedpinhead - CST
20. [f] Melonrabbit - PST Replaced by [m] turmoil7 - GMT-3
21. [m] *Splinter - GMT
23. [f] Girlofgotham - GMT

Ten players.

I'll do a read.

saenima: A little suspect.
BronsonLee: Everyone seems to read him as town. This automatically makes me suspicious for some reason.
WhySoDevious: Don't like the claim, even with the supposed check.
Kitsunelaine: That's me!
Kalor: ????.
Stuart444: ?????????.
Zippedpinhead: Scum, obviously.
turmoil: Leaning town.
*Splinter: Now this one's complicated. He himself said "There's no way scum would fake two cop claims in one game". I feel like if Town needs to win we need to see the flip at some point. I wouldn't put it past scum faking a no night kill in order to give Splints a clear.
Girlofgotham: Leaning scum. Gutfeels.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think who said that was...Kalor, I think

I would first believe that splinter is a 3-shots cop and the n4 and n5 movements are a gambit than thinking he is scum rn

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you check me?!?

I mean, I appreciate the green check, but there were more suspect people and this could very well be your last day.

Yeah i'd have gone for Zipped or something because he was a frontronner last night and getting town to NOT lynch town is more important than finding town waiting in the wings

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you check me?!?

I mean, I appreciate the green check, but there were more suspect people and this could very well be your last day.
I was worried you were being ignored because of your role claim, even though it's a role that can be town or scum.

I'm also clearing up my biggest nulls. There's plenty of material to consider on Kits, saenima, etc.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
During the last EoD for moments it felt like if WSD was just a breeze away from being lynched, at least that was how I saw it

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
"All of my reads are null, except for the cop who is definitely scum despite lynching scum via counterclaim"

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BronsonLee - scummier by the day. I don't like a lot of his plays and his voting record is kinda sus, but i just can't go all scummy on him. There's towniness in there as well when i look closer. More like an actual null tbh. Maybe he's a neutral. Maybe i'm an idiot. 50/50 on that.

WhySoDevious - green checked. Lean scum if splinter somehow has us all fooled. I'm going nowhere with this really, just want to leave it here for posterity in case something wild happens. I swear i don't hate you Devious.

Kitsunelaine - lean scum. Want to really back read her stuff today. Her arguments with Muffin yesterday left me side eyeing the whole thing. And like i said yesterday, i feel like everybody kinda scumreads her but then when voting comes around, someone else always takes priority. I think today is a good day to dig that way and see what comes up.

Kalor - town. One of my strongest town reads. His questions are on point even if his read of me is not.

Stuart444 - lean town. Despite strongly reading him town for most of the game, idk if that is warranted. Want to read his stuff more closely and pay attention to him today. Not because he's giving me warning signs or anything but i don't want to just assume town without nothing to back it up. That's how you pocket yourself.

Zippedpinhead - scum. I talked about zipped yesterday and why he was my favorite lynch option. I still think that and will probably go for him or Kits depending on how the day goes.

turmoil7 - green checked. Lean town anyway. Independent of splinter's check, i've been reading him null/townish for the most part. I was weary of the sleepwalker claim at one point but i'm leaning town now.

*Splinter - town. There is one thing at this point that is giving me pause regarding splinter and his claim. 5 checks 5 townies. That's a shitload of improbability right there. Assuming no shenanigans, it leads me to believe there are only 2 scum left. The reasons why i don't scum read splinter at this point is because no counterclaim and leaning town on his play independent of the whole role aspect.

Girlofgotham - green checked. Town. Been reading gog as town for a while as well. Did an ISO on her and i really liked what i got out of it. Strong town read as Kalor.

Can someone smart use math to see is splinter is bullshitting?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given the kinds of roles we've seen flip, would you believe Town has an unlimited-shots rolecop?

I'm just saying that particular play would be extremely dumb as it could be green checking scum. It's a losing gambit.

Whether that's what happened, i just really hope it's not.

I am finding it harder to believe that splinter is seemingly incapable of hitting scum. I was weary already with the Stan check.

As a matter of fact, the more i think about it, the less i agree with what i wrote on my last reads post.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I think the cats well and truly out of the bag, well done to you chucklefucks for questioning the cop who lynched scum rather than, y'know, hunting for the remaining scum.

For the sake of clarity, I am a 2 shot cop. Turmoil on D1, Gotham on D3. If you go back to my original claim post you'll see it's pretty obvious.

All I wanted was the sweet embrace of death, but no, gotta actually do reads and stuff now.

On the off chance we have any form of protection left, please protect Turmoil tonight.

My vote is 99% locked to kits

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is more believable(it would be more suspect if town splinter didn't gambit) and as he is just 2 shots it makes it hard to believe scum may have a godfather so GOG's green check is likely legit

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Now watch in awe, as I snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
Foreshadowing...
tenor.gif

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, had to pick someone. I actually forgot he was almost lynched yesterday, most of the discussion was around Zipped/muffin.

So you were ok with green checking someone that you have no idea is scum or not? Why not just come clean?

And why ask to protect turmoil? Gog is also green checked so why turmoil in particular?

Sorry for the barrage of questions :/

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
So you were ok with green checking someone that you have no idea is scum or not? Why not just come clean?

And why ask to protect turmoil? Gog is also green checked so why turmoil in particular?

Sorry for the barrage of questions :/
The lie would only stand for one day at most. Either I die and people see it, or scum kill someone else because they've guessed I'm out of shots and at that point I come clean anyway.

Also I don't think WhySoDevious has much influence at the moment, so one day of him being wrongly green checked wouldn't throw the game.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the Stan check i get. It's a good play. No harm done and it invites a NK on a spent cop. But random green checking today it's just nah.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we presuppose that splinter is scum, then turmoil and gog would be on very shaky ground. And i don't buy that. Both read as town to me.