• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
What if: Splinter is scum and scum came up with this killing wee thing in order to get major ass town cred?

wee was a strong killer.

we'd be thinking "WHY would scum!Splinter do that to their strongest scum member"

the answer: Because no one would question them for the rest of the game.

Todays no kill: Maybe instead of scum hitting someone with a vest, maybe splinter decided not to shoot to take advantage of the random vests. And then come in with the "I'm actually just 2-shot" and "I just wanted to die, now I have to do reads lists and shit"

That way, he could last the rest of the game because he could say scum isn't bothered with him because he's got no shots anymore.

Thoughts?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts are that there's too much doubt with Splinter now that we need to see the flip, and if he really is as useless as he says he is, there's no way that Scum is going to kill him, they'd be fishing for the last power roles with actual use

If we get Splinter's flip we'll know whether or not he was telling the truth about his definitive reads and we'll have actually, provably green-checked Town for the rest of the late game

That is EXTREMELY valulable

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The very idea of lynching Splinter is absurd and I can't believe anyone is seriously considering it. If that's where this day goes, we deserve to lose. Yes, he may be scum but this is not the day for lynching near confirmed people.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I will be voting for Kitsune today and I don't see anything changing that. If she flips town, Zipped tomorrow. If she flips scum, we can figure it out from there.

In terms of time left for both scenarios of 2 and 3 scum remaining, we can mislynch until day 8 provided that no extra kills show up.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
*a bunch of serious and elaborate posts*

welp pack it up boys and girls, Kalor called it absurd

Yes it's hyperbolic but if we lynch Splinter, then scum will just kill his green checks, rendering those checks useless and not helping town. We gain nothing from getting 100% confirmation on those checks besides ensuring that they die over the next two nights.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'm cranky because I'm tired and being piled on. I hope you all make the right choice tomorrow.

Yes it's hyperbolic but if we lynch Splinter, then scum will just kill his green checks, rendering those checks useless and not helping town

What's to stop scum from doing it anyway? Splints already revealed who the green checks were. That's as good as painting a target on their heads for scum.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so y'all don't want to lynch Splints despite the lying, the fake green checks that could have hurt town, and the OMGUSing because he had his hand forced into revealing a gambit, be it a scum gambit or a town gambit.

We have a real lynch candidate, outside of the green checks (IF you believe Splinter), with someone who's been coasting for the whole game, and that's Zipped.

So if the chocie is between me and Zipped, take a look at what Zipped's done.

Zipped has painted a target on himself since D1 by being really suspicious with their play and then OMGUSing over everyone who went "Hey that's suspicious". While being largely absent for any play that doesn't revolve around him.

I've been trying to solve the game. I turboed Wee. I've had some bad arguments and memory failings here and there and some meaningless fights. But I've been participating. I've been asking questions, trying to get people to elaborate on their reads, trying to dig into claims and situations, whether I'm right with my own conclusions or wrong with them.

What kind of behaviour would you rather reward, here? Who really seems the most scummish out of all of that?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With that, I'm goin' to bed. It's one in the morning over here. I hope I'm awake before the day end.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
With that, I'm goin' to bed. It's one in the morning over here. I hope I'm awake before the day end.
I just realized why you think I'm coasting, when you are awake I'm asleep and Vice Versa. Makes sense. We don't see each other playing just reacting to each other.

Just FYI, if you still think I'm scum it's ok. I still think you are scum too.

Splinter is worth checking but not today. Gambling on lynching a cop only does two things if they flip as they say they are. 1: confirm all their checks, 2 lose a confirmed townie and essentially a day.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
The very idea of lynching Splinter is absurd and I can't believe anyone is seriously considering it. If that's where this day goes, we deserve to lose. Yes, he may be scum but this is not the day for lynching near confirmed people.

By that logic, lynching wee was absurd.

Liars get lynched.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Here's my read list... not much has changed...

saenima - was feeling scum up until yesterday, now not so sure
BronsonLee - consensus was town, but his antics yesterday make me doubt that, so unsure for now
WhySoDevious - I'm town, despite your misgivings
Kitsunelaine - biggest scum feel now
Kalor - town
Stuart444 - probably town, but unsure
Zippedpinhead - heavily leaning scum
turmoil7 - town
*Splinter - town
Girlofgotham - town

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I am not keen on lynching Kalor OR Splinter right now considering there's been no counterclaims for either

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't see what voting him proves unless he is town and gets turboed.

But sure, I am totally voting Zipped right now, on scum-Stu's request.

This is my first out of left field theory this game.

if I'm wrong, whatever. Better than just following the herd "Eh, I'll vote (enter vote leader here)".

If you think I'm scum, prove it using something other than my tin foil hat out of left field theory.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Kits I'm getting more and more sus on
I have no idea what Stu is doing
Devious has a mentor so I think something is afoot there too

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
and that's assuming Kits is scum anyway.

I've seen games where she plays this exact way and she has been town then.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
also for the record, I don't think it's bollocks. I think it's bollocks that you decided to try and hurt town by giving fake green checks.

If that is helpful to town then lol.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
also for the record, I don't think it's bollocks. I think it's bollocks that you decided to try and hurt town by giving fake green checks.

If that is helpful to town then lol.
How can you expect me to take you seriously while you paint that event as "decided to try and hurt town by giving fake green checks"

Like even if you disagree with the reasons I did that, it's pretty clear you aren't arguing in good faith here. In what world do I decide to hurt town for... shits and giggles? The reason for my lie was very clear.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Add to the pile of Stu's dubious arguments, like the one's he used against FEP, against GF before he saw everyone backing down on him, and his defense of wee on D3

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
How can you expect me to take you seriously while you paint that event as "decided to try and hurt town by giving fake green checks"

Like even if you disagree with the reasons I did that, it's pretty clear you aren't arguing in good faith here. In what world do I decide to hurt town for... shits and giggles? The reason for my lie was very clear.

Your LIE could have hurt town because you expected to die.

We would have been questioning which checks were real and which were fake because of that.

That HURTs town.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Add to the pile of Stu's dubious arguments, like the one's he used against FEP, against GF before he saw everyone backing down on him, and his defense of wee on D3

Hey, no matter what alignment I am on, I would have gone after GF because his shit made me very very annoyed. Feel free to use Fep or wee against me but I didn't like what GF was doing and I made that ABUNDANTLY clear in the thread.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Ok Stu, let's play a game

Pretend I never corrected my lie, and I've just died with fake green checks outstanding.

You see my flip, 2 shot cop

Here is my original claim post:
Ok 2 things

1. I'm so so sorry for missing day end AGAIN, especially as I actually had relevant info this time

2. We are so unbelievably lucky I missed day end... I would have counterclaimed Wee, saved Hecht, and we'd be fuuuucked unless he killed scum I guess.

Anyhoo, Wee is full shit.

VOTE: Weemadarthur

Night 1: turmoil7 - town
Night 2: Fat4all -town
Night 3: Girlofgotham - town

Breadcrumbs: CBA to search for them. There's a #notadoctor somewhere in D1, reference to #notacop... except I'm a cop. D2 I posted a vote on a "random town read", that was a kinda clumsy breadcrumb because I was worried people might think I checked WSD if I died without claiming. I've also just generally townread the shit out of turmoil since. Fat4all I didn't bother crumbing, he's townread loads throughout day 3, probably a bad choice on my part I just had doubts during the night.
Tell me, which of my checks were real?