• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you follow from this:

To this:

I was reading your post mostly nodding in agreement until the last part. I agree it's not town play, and said as much before. But zipped gleefully painting a giant target on his back is precisely why i don't want to lynch him right now. Feels like bait.

If it's bait it would be a bad game mechanic because it would be far too easy to make yourself someone we have to deal with like this. I'm not buying it.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Can you see what stance Zipped has taken? Since you're putting them next to each other?
I compared their post numbers because Zipped has been making posts only to keep his joke going (aka making posts for the sake of it, similar to what I believe Z-Beats might be doing), but on reflection that isn't a very useful comparison.

Given you've asked me though I'd say that at least Zipped has given some form of reads list letting us get a good idea of his strongest reads, meanwhile I believe Z-Beat has only made pushes on Stuart and Zipped with no other reads, currently search by user isn't working for me so I can't easily search through posts but I believe they've both made stances on room mechanics (even if Zipped's approach is insane).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Slightly related to this I think we've got enough opinions on the matter that Zipped would be a half-decent information flip and I'm wary of how his bus has stopped in its tracks so suddenly. Still think Z-Beat is more likely to turn out to be scum though (so vote there).

Also green isn't going to win the room vote and I'm not a fan of voting Dark Room for reasons I've previously explained so I'll throw my vote at its closest competitor
MOVE: purple room

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

and the last day of voting for D1 starts in 63 minutes. What is the deadline for when you consider not voting to be a scumtell? I would like literally anything concrete from the non-voters.

As for carrying, It's too early in this game to tell if I'm on point, but my past track record is pretty good. I'm one of the most experienced players in the community, and have been here around since game 1. I just stop playing every other season cause I get tired of inactivity and replacements plaguing every game. It's why I rail against it on Day 1 every single time.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's bait it would be a bad game mechanic because it would be far too easy to make yourself someone we have to deal with like this. I'm not buying it.

I agree here. Mechanically i don't think it makes much sense. I was thinking more like a scum bomb or something along those lines, but i don't see why scum would just throw him out on the first day when there are mislynches to pursue before that either. Maybe a neutral with some weird conditions?

But if zipped is really just normal scum, then that's a pretty badly misjudged gambit they have going on there.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All of which is to say, if I can't convince townies that voting is pro-town, we're fucked.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I agree here. Mechanically i don't think it makes much sense. I was thinking more like a scum bomb or something along those lines, but i don't see why scum would just throw him out on the first day when there are mislynches to pursue before that either. Maybe a neutral with some weird conditions?

But if zipped is really just normal scum, then that's a pretty badly misjudged gambit they have going on there.
Blarg did the same thing in GoT. He spent D1 playing with spoiler tags and we were split on whether to lynch him or not because if he was scum it'd be a dumb move on his part. Guess how he flipped when the game ended.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
and the last day of voting for D1 starts in 63 minutes. What is the deadline for when you consider not voting to be a scumtell? I would like literally anything concrete from the non-voters.

As for carrying, It's too early in this game to tell if I'm on point, but my past track record is pretty good. I'm one of the most experienced players in the community, and have been here around since game 1. I just stop playing every other season cause I get tired of inactivity and replacements plaguing every game. It's why I rail against it on Day 1 every single time.
I don't have a deadline, I simply said that I don't consider a lack of an immediate vote to be bad play. I didn't suggest voting early was a scumtell either.

And are you telling me that everyone who hasn't placed a vote yet has given you nothing?

All of which is to say, if I can't convince townies that voting is pro-town, we're fucked.

I'm not saying that voting is anti-town. Nobody is saying that voting is anti-town. We're apparently just not keeping to your very tight schedule.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And I'm weary of people saying it's bait because that might be scum trying to deflect from a scummate in order to avoid a D1 lynch.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
That's exactly what scum wants, yes. Are you starting to realize that encouraging anti-town play just plays into their hands? Not voting favors scum 100%.

It isn't anti-town to not vote right away. There is plenty of time in the day to vote.

I'm not saying that voting is anti-town. Nobody is saying that voting is anti-town. We're apparently just not keeping to your very tight schedule.

basically ^ This. You seem to want us to vote to your schedule.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
That's exactly what scum wants, yes. Are you starting to realize that encouraging anti-town play just plays into their hands? Not voting favors scum 100%.
You're really overexaggering this and "encouraging not voting" as well as "encouraging anti-town play" are quite the leap from what's actually being said.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
3rd option would be zipped needing to get to a specific room as part of a role and jumping the gun on setting his plan into motion

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it badly misjudged if people are questioning them and hesitant to vote for them? The doubt can easily lead to people voting elsewhere by days end.

And I'm weary of people saying it's bait because that might be scum trying to deflect from a scummate in order to avoid a D1 lynch.

Good points.

I'm not against lynching zipped if things keep this way tomorrow, i'd just rather having something more solid. It might be asking too much from D1 though.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good points.

I'm not against lynching zipped if things keep this way tomorrow, i'd just rather having something more solid. It might be asking too much from D1 though.

You have to lynch someone on D1. Why not the person who'll be a problem later? That'd free up later days. We'd move the game along.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand. It's not new players questioning the value of voting, and other experienced players are encouraging them as well. What the hell happened to our meta? Is this some anti-vaxxer level bullshittery happening here?

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
And just to toss my opinion in the pot here, yes, we need to vote even on silly ol' D1. Lynching is our best tool against scum.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I have a list of people acting sus' but I kinda need to see how D1 plays out before I get my magnifying glass

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand. It's not new players questioning the value of voting, and other experienced players are encouraging them as well. What the hell happened to our meta? Is this some anti-vaxxer level bullshittery happening here?
You keep twisting the narrative here. No-one is questioning the value of voting.

You have been pushing people to vote quickly and when you get called out on it, you claim that we're anti-town and we're not going to vote.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
B-Dubs any thoughts on the goings-on
Goings-on? Can you be a bit more specific? There's the "Do we lynch Zip or not?" and the "People who don't vote right now are scum" thing (which is bullshit imo and makes me look at those dudes sideways). Who cares if people have votes down right this second?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
You've been dishonest with this entire argument for a while now. From generalizing early D1 votes to voting in general and going from people stating why they personally think it's not absolutely indicative of bad or good play to encouraging others not to vote. That's quite something.

VOTE: Godfather

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
There's still an entire 24 hours to go, shit can happen and people don't want to jump right away.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You keep twisting the narrative here. No-one is questioning the value of voting.

You have been pushing people to vote quickly and when you get called out on it, you claim that we're anti-town and we're not going to vote.

It's literally the only ability most of town gets. What valid reason do you have to not use it on D1?