• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason you're making this more difficult than it needs to be?

What do you think incisiveness could mean in the context of this game?

Why do you think that would be useful to town?

Why do you think that now is the best time for town to take advantage of this supposed benefit?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

Why do you think that now is the best time for town to take advantage of this supposed benefit?

We'll never know unless we pick it. But todays silence will be punished was useful. Unincisiveness being punished may be useful as well.

I'm tired as fuck so that's all yer getting out of me now.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017

Fair enough, but that's not much to go on considering how strong this majority is.

Can any of the other 10 purple voters answer these questions, or otherwise give their reasons for voting purple?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
wow, that quoting mess up :/

(if I can organize my thoughts, I can always post them tomorrow night before EOD but I'm running on 0 hours sleep and have been up for 27+ hours now x.x)

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
We'll never know unless we pick it. But todays silence will be punished was useful. Unincisiveness being punished may be useful as well.

I'm tired as fuck so that's all yer getting out of me now.
Fair enough, but that's not much to go on considering how strong this majority is.

Can any of the other 10 purple voters answer these questions, or otherwise give their reasons for voting purple?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
for the record Splinter, I looked back (via the tracker tool. <3 Febe) and see your vote was for pink and your reason.

I'm not opposed to it if people want to switch.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
My guess for purple is that it means that players can't change their vote. That can be harmful to town, extremely so, but if this game goes long it's better to get it done early rather than the endgame. Granted my guess for the dark room was off so maybe it will be for the purple room as well. Not that I'm opposed to switching because I haven't given much thought to the rooms today.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
My guess for purple is that it means that players can't change their vote. That can be harmful to town, extremely so, but if this game goes long it's better to get it done early rather than the endgame. Granted my guess for the dark room was off so maybe it will be for the purple room as well. Not that I'm opposed to switching because I haven't given much thought to the rooms today.
If that's right we should live it til last. It has no effect in lylo except to remind people not to fuck about with their votes.

More generally, static votes will be more of an annoyance early - when there are no clear leads to decide on - than late game

Also that sounds more like indecision than unincisiveness.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I voted purple because some people who voted dark where on it and dark turned out was good so *shrug*

I don't really care about the rooms until we get more data points tbf

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I checked his posts and I don't think he's ever explained why he's on purple or what he thinks the purple room is.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
hmm...

yeah why not.

MOVE: Pink Room

fine with purple but I am interested in checking out what pink is.

Also there is two specific glass wall rooms so maybe we'll find out if the other one disappears/becomes unusable if we choose one of them.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
I think if we're going to find out what one of the glass wall rooms means, it's probably safer to be looking at it than having our backs to it, right?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I think if we're going to find out what one of the glass wall rooms means, it's probably safer to be looking at it than having our backs to it, right?

Well, looking at it I would take to signify as 'transparency' which is generally good for town I'd assume.

Backs to it could signify something that would cause problems for town.

Just a thought.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Well, looking at it I would take to signify as 'transparency' which is generally good for town I'd assume.

Backs to it could signify something that would cause problems for town.

Just a thought.
Yeah that's pretty much what I thought.

Transparency seems like a good thing at this point when we still don't have much information

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
no justification on it

Like I've said before - I bought into someone's argument earlier in the day that Grizzly's vote on Kaz was suspect. So when Hecht asked who would join him in voting for Kaz, I jumped in cause my Stuart vote was not gonna go anywhere. It was also made on some other erroneous assumptions on my part.

Now that I'm at work sitting in front of a computer all day, I can go back and check who exactly was accusing Grizzly for that vote on Kaz.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I swear if my day-one theory holds up imma be crowned best dog

*Splinter i kno you said today disproves my theory, but if you look at all my post day one, I said not all rooms are sister rooms

My sister room theory will make me so smart

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
White Room - "Everything remains as is." - my favorite room
Green Room - "The voices will be pacified." - I feel like this could be a post restriction.
Red Room - "Backs will be turned against the glass wall." - sounds negative but dunno how. Hidden voting? Some effect on PRs?
Purple Room - "Unincisiveness will be punished." -
in·ci·sive
/inˈsīsiv/
adjective
(of a person or mental process) intelligently analytical and clear-thinking.
"she was an incisive critic"
synonyms:penetrating, acute, sharp, sharp-witted, razor-sharp, keen, rapierlike, astute, shrewd, trenchant, piercing, perceptive, insightful, percipient, perspicacious, discerning, analytical, intelligent, canny, clever, smart, quick

These are ideal traits for players so something that punishes those lacking it seems like a net positive.
Blue Room - "Fates could change." - sounds like it could affect vote count or PR use. Neither is good.
Yellow Room - "The voices will also protect." - protection almost always is a good thing.
Dark Room - "Silence will be punished" - done already
Orange Room - "Noise will muddle the voices." - Sounds like wither we get forced to post crap, or night chats get closed, I.e. scum, gossips. Fairly tempted to try this one actually.
Pink Room - "All eyes will look across the glass wall." - so unsure. Maybe something here let's us see what happened in the other room. Maybe it gives everyone a night action.
Grey Room - "Uncertainty will be punished." - vote restriction
Teal Room - "The shield will rise." - no NK maybe? Maybe no lynch? Dunno.