• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Stella means star

Luna means moon

At what time can you see the moon and stars?

Sleepwalker..........

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Lying about your role when you're a bulletproof player is the smart thing to do. You don't want to say you ran out of vests and let scum know that you're able to be killed. So you put on a false impression of having more vests.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lying about your role when you're a bulletproof player is the smart thing to do. You don't want to say you ran out of vests and let scum know that you're able to be killed. So you put on a false impression of having more vests.

yeah and then denying you lied at all afterwards is the scummiest thing

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I thought my role was weak as shit but then seeing that GF wasn't notified it made a little more sense

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thing about lying is it requires more thought to come up with your story. That shit has to be airtight or you could just as easily end up dead by town.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I initially lied regarding the number of BP shots I had, but other than that? No.

so do you have an actual response to the post wherein you responded "I haven't lied about anything" because now you've agreed that yes you've lied about something

I'm saying we're wrapped up inside your LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES

which we kinda are because if you lie about one thing you open up pandora's box

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
so do you have an actual response to the post wherein you responded "I haven't lied about anything" because now you've agreed that yes you've lied about something
Sure. I was still working on that claim. I felt like keeping it up. I may have lied about the number of shots I had, but not my abilities. God forbid I try to bait some targeting.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure. I was still working on that claim. I felt like keeping it up. I may have lied about the number of shots I had, but not my abilities. God forbid I try to bait some targeting.

here's the thing though: how do we know we can trust you when you've already lied once before? That was my actual question. You can explain your lie all you want but that's not my point, my point is that you lied. That opens up a rabbit hole.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why do you keep dodging the point? i think it's pretty obvious i'm bringing into question your credibility and you're doing everything you can to avoid actually responding to that

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
If they knew you were lying they'd leave you alive
well sorta (forgive me I may have some President's Day drinks in me), either they think I'm lying and spend a shot killing me rather than someone else, or they believe me and possibly waste a strongman shot on me, yes.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well sorta (forgive me I may have some President's Day drinks in me), either they think I'm lying and spend a shot killing me rather than someone else, or they believe me and possibly waste a strongman shot on me, yes.

why wouldn't you wish to leave them guessing? wouldn't that have the same effect if they indeed targeted you?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i fail to understand how any gambit you were operating back there would have been functionally indistinguishable from doing nothing at all

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
here's the thing though: how do we know we can trust you when you've already lied once before? That was my actual question. You can explain your lie all you want but that's not my point, my point is that you lied. That opens up a rabbit hole.
why do you keep dodging the point? i think it's pretty obvious i'm bringing into question your credibility and you're doing everything you can to avoid actually responding to that
It's mafia, so I don't "expect" anyone to trust me. All I know, personally, is that I was shot on N1, a fair amount of people at the time thought I was town, and based on experience I know I tend to get targeted early if I am not scum.

I have no credibility. No one else can verify my claim unless they tracked/watched someone visited me. I'm 100% aware of that. I'm only providing the information that I have.

Yeah. I lied early on. Feel free to use that against me. Having a BP, I can verify that someone targeted me - and no one else dying on N1 shows that I absolutely know what happened that night. If there is a doctor or a roleblocker that can counter me, then fine. But an RB should only be able to verify it if they blocked the same person 2 nights in a row and there were no kills. A doctor would need to block two kills as well, and then them claiming that they protected two people with no kills ensures that there are suddenly 3 confirmed townies (the doctor + 2 targets).

I said what I said to hopefully bait a strong kill,. since my role implies a strongman. I was clearly a target on D1, whether due to reads or playstyle. I feel like I've played this game enough that I am not considered a "newbie" so I'm not a target in the middle-of-the-road. I am assuming I was targeted because I'm not an idiot.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I said what I said to hopefully bait a strong kill,. since my role implies a strongman. I was clearly a target on D1, whether due to reads or playstyle. I feel like I've played this game enough that I am not considered a "newbie" so I'm not a target in the middle-of-the-road. I am assuming I was targeted because I'm not an idiot.
i fail to understand how any gambit you were operating back there would have been functionally distinguishable from doing nothing at all

What reason would scum have to not think you could survive more than one shot? This seems like a weak-ass gambit

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
What reason would scum have to not think you could survive more than one shot? This seems like a weak-ass gambit
(and a terrible reason to claim)
1) anyone having more than 1 BP is totally lying. I was hoping that people that questioned that point were scum
2) I claimed because it gave information. The potential for people to look at people interacting with me before my claim was tempting

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
saenima

giphy.gif

But seriously, your posts are not gonna age well when I flip town. But I won't accuse you of being scum because the one thing I've learned is that they aren't being so overt in getting people to vote for someone, like you're doing.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
That opens up a rabbit hole.
That rabbit hole should be open on every player just by default. I don't need evidence of lying to distrust someone in mafia.

Hecht lying about his number of shots isn't suspicious, he could still be lying on that front.

His "I never lied" is also fine imo. I mean it wasn't correct as he had already changed his claim, but I guess it's implied he meant apart from that.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1) anyone having more than 1 BP is totally lying. I was hoping that people that questioned that point were scum
2) I claimed because it gave information. The potential for people to look at people interacting with me before my claim was tempting

You claimed a valulable power role and gave scum a target. If you think having more than one BP is "totally lying" and such an obvious flaw that people would have questioned it, scum would see past your gambit and not target you.

Your gambit is functionally indistinguishable from doing literally nothing.

That rabbit hole should be open on every player just by default. I don't need evidence of lying to distrust someone in mafia.

Hecht lying about his number of shots isn't suspicious, he could still be lying on that front.

His "I never lied" is also fine imo. I mean it wasn't correct as he had already changed his claim, but I guess it's implied he meant apart from that.

the problem is how I had to force him to achnowledge my actual point instead of dancing around it.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
You claimed a valulable power role and gave scum a target. If you think having more than one BP is "totally lying" and such an obvious flaw that people would have questioned it, scum would see past your gambit and not target you.

Your gambit is functionally indistinguishable from doing literally nothing.

the problem is how I had to force him to achnowledge my actual point instead of dancing around it.
lol I claimed BP. I never claimed anything powerful. I made an assumption that scum was dumb enough to see past that complete lie. Clearly I was wrong, there is at least one person on their team that knows it's stupid. That said, I'm surprise they didn't kill me.

What point do you want me to address? I don't feel like I'm avoiding something, but I'll answer it if you ask directly so I am sure.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I lied early on. Feel free to use that against me. Having a BP, I can verify that someone targeted me - and no one else dying on N1 shows that I absolutely know what happened that night. If there is a doctor or a roleblocker that can counter me, then fine.
I wish you would stop saying this as if their silence backs up your claim. Neither a doctor nor a role blocker would (generally) know that they've saved someone. Your claim is almost impossible to counter unless someone saw you moving.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I wish you would stop saying this as if their silence backs up your claim. Neither a doctor nor a role blocker would (generally) know that they've saved someone. Your claim is almost impossible to counter unless someone saw you moving.
did you not read the next lines where i expanded on that

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Also even if they somehow did know, they couldn't rule out the possibility of a second kill happening.

It's just not a claim that gets countered.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Also even if they somehow did know, they couldn't rule out the possibility of a second kill happening.

It's just not a claim that gets countered.
Look, if a doctor or a roleblocker wants to claim, then more power to them. That said, I KNOW (insert heavy "yes I know" quotes) that i was targeted. At this point the only thing that should refute my claim is if a vig states they targeted me.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol I claimed BP. I never claimed anything powerful. I made an assumption that scum was dumb enough to see past that complete lie. Clearly I was wrong, there is at least one person on their team that knows it's stupid. That said, I'm surprise they didn't kill me.

If you made the assumption that scum was smart enough to see past that complete lie, they wouldn't target you at all

What reason would they have to dispute your claims publicly?

So I think you're lying about the reason you claimed, because it's absolutely frekaing preposterous and doesn't stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever. You expected them to see through the lie that you had more BP left. Which means that you expected scum to know that they wouldn't need to waste a strong kill on you. Which means that there was no point in legitimately pretending you had more shots left, unless you were furthering options outside of baiting scum, because there was no way that trap would have made any sense at all or been even remotely convincing.

What point do you want me to address? I don't feel like I'm avoiding something, but I'll answer it if you ask directly so I am sure.

The statement was in past tense, as in "I'd already forced you to do it but i had to"

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Look, if a doctor or a roleblocker wants to claim, then more power to them. That said, I KNOW (insert heavy "yes I know" quotes) that i was targeted. At this point the only thing that should refute my claim is if a vig states they targeted me.
You're still saying it!

It doesn't matter what actions a doctor or role blocker have taken, they can't have enough info to counter your claim!

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Yes and I'm pretty sure it doesn't make sense
what, it makes perfect sense. Remember Disney Princess or Archer? A town RB can sit on a scum for a few days with no NKs and realize that they are the killer. A doctor, on the other hand, can "confirm" non-scum by protecting them over multiple days.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
You're still saying it!

It doesn't matter what actions a doctor or role blocker have taken, they can't have enough info to counter your claim!
They couldn't on D1/N1, yes. On N2? possibly.

I don't care if there is a counter or not. I'm sticking with my claim that someone attacked me on N1.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
for the record, I am not being unreasonable here

Splinter, I think you are town. Fucking think like one, please.