• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
And it begins.

The natural place to start might be guessing what each room is. Some of them seem slightly more obvious, like the Dark Room maybe leading to harsher punishments for people who don't post X amount, and Grey Room making vote switching impossible or lead to some punishment.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Firstly going to check I've got this voting thing sorted:
[ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: Aeleus[ /HIGHLIGHT ]

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Here we go!

So what would be the smart room to pick next?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Red sounds like someone in another room can see secret actions. Not sure how thatd work out though

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
You are in the White Room. Everything remains as is.

The White Room has no special effects. Instead of worrying about those, consider spending some of your time during this phase contemplating the weight of how much privilege white people have in Western civilization.

rFn4MEh.jpg

Room Vote

These are the Rooms currently available for visitation:

Green Room - "The voices will be pacified."
Red Room - "Backs will be turned against the glass wall."
Purple Room - "Unincisiveness will be punished."
Blue Room - "Fates could change."
Yellow Room - "The voices will also protect."
Dark Room - "Silence will be punished"
Orange Room - "Noise will muddle the voices."
Pink Room - "All eyes will look across the glass wall."
Grey Room - "Uncertainty will be punished."
Teal Room - "The shield will rise."

White Room - "Everything remains as is."

Votes for Rooms must be placed publicly with the command [ HIGHLIGHT ]MOVE: <Room Name>[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
Reposting for the new page. Such great gamerunning, to start the game with the last posts in a page.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Once we have entered a room, can we enter it again at later day phases, or is the room 'used' forever? Thx

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
And it begins.

The natural place to start might be guessing what each room is. Some of them seem slightly more obvious, like the Dark Room maybe leading to harsher punishments for people who don't post X amount, and Grey Room making vote switching impossible or lead to some punishment.
What room is intriguing you the most?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume we won't have surprise "choosing a room gives a secret cult recruitment shots" mechanic this time around :P. No thoughts about rooms otherwise at this time, I want to start the scumhunt.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
BronsonLee - how do you think scum player's play will differ from towns?
Hecht - who do you think you will have hardest time reading in early game?
weemadarthur - who do you think you will have easiest time reading in this early game?
Stuart444 - do you think the room mechanic has any big merit in tandem with scumhunting, or will it be kinda of disconnect extension?

let's start with these.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Move: Orange Room

I'm not sure what this one will do, but it looks like it might cause a mess so it might be good to get it out of the way early on.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I set my alarm early hoping the white room was sommit cool but instead all i got is white privilege, tho that might be the greatest advantage of all

I'll be back after I go back to sleep and then wake up and then get KFC

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
@Stuart444 - do you think the room mechanic has any big merit in tandem with scumhunting, or will it be kinda of disconnect extension?

Not sure what you mean here? I just assume the rooms will give both good and bad effects for each team depending on the room. (unlike a certain other game where moving rooms did nothing lol)

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Purple Room - "Unincisiveness will be punished."

I wonder what not being incisive would mean in the context of this game.

I think the other 'punished' ones are pretty clear. 'Silence' maybe dealing with post count and 'uncertainty' dealing with voting.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the Dark Room sounds appealing to me right away.

I hate dealing with people skating, and this sounds like it might somehow encourage activity or at least punish silence. I take that as either post count, or voting related.

Move: Dark Room

And since I always believe in having votes in place, I'm going to vote for Stuart since he picked a different room than me.

Vote: Stuart444

If the new players have mechanical questions about any of the jargon we're going to be throwing around, don't hesitate to ask. It's best if we're all on the same page.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

I hate dealing with people skating, and this sounds like it might somehow encourage activity or at least punish silence. I take that as either post count, or voting related.

Move: Dark Room

That said, if the Dark room gets traction, I'll support this because Silence being punished sounds pretty cool.