• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i don't think I've ever seen the word 'Unincisiveness' in my life

sommit to do with not paying attention?

is there a quiz in the purple room?

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Fine, let's get this out of the way.

My assumptions:

Green Room - "The voices will be pacified." - There will be a MAXIMUM post count for each player that day
Red Room - "Backs will be turned against the glass wall." - This one I'm not sure. Maybe any tracking abilities are blocked?
Purple Room - "Unincisiveness will be punished." - You can only vote once, or no "No Lynch"
Blue Room - "Fates could change." - No idea, but maybe a potential revive later? *shrug*
Yellow Room - "The voices will also protect." - No idea
Dark Room - "Silence will be punished" - Minimum post count increased
Orange Room - "Noise will muddle the voices." - god help us if this is "no posting with vowels" or something
Pink Room - "All eyes will look across the glass wall." - Maybe the opposite of the Red Room, maybe any hidden abilities can be tracked?
Grey Room - "Uncertainty will be punished." - See the Purple Room
Teal Room - "The shield will rise." - No night kills

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
DARK NESS
NO PARENTS
200.gif

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Ok, cool
UNVOTE
In terms of rooms, I'm going to assume that the voices mean us and recommend the following rooms:

Yellow seems like it would probably allow us to vote for someone to have night immunity or similar (I recomend myself).

Green, Dark and Grey are likely related to posting and votes which make them safer that the alternatives.

I'm pretty wary of the Teal Room as it sounds like a big deal (either permanent effects or a relation to some non-town) but if people feel that it's related to giving everyone night immunity that sounds great (sounds too good to be true though).

MOVE: Yellow Room

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
MOVE: Dark Room
Unless someone has a really good idea as to why this wouldn't pertain to low post count/not voting, I think this is a good way to weed out people who don't take part in all the fun.
Also, my vote will probably be for the least active today. To join a game and then not participate is lame.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
1+2+2+1...

remember monkey's brains, though popular in Cantonese cuisine are not often to be found in Washington D.C.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
MOVE: Dark Room
Unless someone has a really good idea as to why this wouldn't pertain to low post count/not voting, I think this is a good way to weed out people who don't take part in all the fun.
Also, my vote will probably be for the least active today. To join a game and then not participate is lame.

Keep that in mind if LP subs in ;P

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope we don't get stuck discussing rooms all day.

Because you know.

We all know bear room is besst

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with dark and grey this early on. Orange seems like a problem room so I'd only be okay with moving to it to remove it from play since theres a one use per room thing
This is what I'm thinking, it's probably better to get it out of the way quicker and not force us into a problem room in a situation where we need to be able to get a scum.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Getting 'bad' rooms out of the way early is a good idea, tho the dark room would be good to thin out people who don't interact enough.

By the end of the game the dark room wouldn't be nearly as effective I wouldn't think.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So at a first glance:

Green Room - some or all roles blocked?
Red Room - ?
Purple Room - ?
Blue Room - some kind of role or effect switching?
Yellow Room - ?
Dark Room - minimum post count gets higher maybe?
Orange Room - ?
Pink Room - some kind of role revelation?
Grey Room - no vote switching?
Teal Room - bulletproof vests for everyone!

I feel like 'voices' has a specific meaning that can be useful for us to quickly find out as it relates to a few of the rooms.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Bear bears, or like... BEAR BEARS.

You will just have to find out...

---

Last comment about rooms for now: I'd be fine with any room except Blue and Orange, since those seem most uncertain. Dark room seems best bet for now.

I don't think we should be stuck discussing the rooms that much, because I assume Brazil didn't put a cult in this game or something, no GM would ever do that, right?

Right?....

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Stop confusing me with your existence. *sob* I miss you.

@weemadarthur - who do you think you will have easiest time reading in this early game?
Sadly, Sorian isn't here.
Not fat3all because I can't see gifs half the time if my internet isn't happy that day.
I'll find someone. Maybe you.
Well, the Dark Room sounds appealing to me right away.

Dark Room - "Silence will be punished"

I hate dealing with people skating, and this sounds like it might somehow encourage activity or at least punish silence. I take that as either post count, or voting related.
What are YOU doing here? It's day one. Did your gamestyle ask for a replacement?
i don't think I've ever seen the word 'Unincisiveness' in my life
Incisive means succinct.
1 plus 2 plus 1 plus 1

vote: stanleypalmtree

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
So at a first glance:

Green Room - some or all roles blocked?
Red Room - ?
Purple Room - ?
Blue Room - some kind of role or effect switching?
Yellow Room - ?
Dark Room - minimum post count gets higher maybe?
Orange Room - ?
Pink Room - some kind of role revelation?
Grey Room - no vote switching?
Teal Room - bulletproof vests for everyone!

I feel like 'voices' has a specific meaning that can be useful for us to quickly find out as it relates to a few of the rooms.
Voices I want to say is votes.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be really disappointed if any of the rooms do force a posting style, i.e. rhyming. I will not be posting past the bare minimum in that type of room. What's the game someone ran with the gods, and there were weird effects each day?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be really disappointed if any of the rooms do force a posting style, i.e. rhyming. I will not be posting past the bare minimum in that type of room. What's the game someone ran with the gods, and there were weird effects each day?

We just had a game like that also.

It totally did not have cults.

Trust me.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Zippedpinhead

I'm voting for you simply because you went for what looks like a really good late-game room super early.

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I also tend to agree that the Orange Room is a wise choice to remove from the game, but at the same time, I'm a bit concerned about the grey room. If it does indeed lock us into a vote, we will have to be careful with it, seeing as it could easily get us in trouble if scum starts to take lead of the votespace.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
yeah, I think Dark Room first would be fine, then maybe get a 'bad' room out of the way next

MOVE: Dark Room[\highlight]

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
If this was my game, I would assume that the flavor text for a given room would be tangentially related to what (if anything) the room did.

Flavor is flavor, I'm picking my room for fun! OR I might let one of my kiddos pick (is that allowed)? probably as random as RNG, at least.

until then

MOVE: orange room

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: Kopite

You are the only player I have absolutely no idea about outside the new ones.

Come on out and give us you.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Zippedpinhead

I'm voting for you simply because you went for what looks like a really good late-game room super early.
If this was my game, I would assume that the flavor text for a given room would be tangentially related to what (if anything) the room did.

Flavor is flavor, I'm picking my room for fun! OR I might let one of my kiddos pick (is that allowed)? probably as random as RNG, at least.

until then

MOVE: orange room

Was there enough time for Zippo to see Dubs' vote?

Hmm hmm hm.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think "voices" are going to be a cult or anything.
The post restriction rooms seem obvious. Personally I'd rather not do dark on day two when we have as many players as possible, gonna be a mass of gif shitposting if we do that.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Unlike the lynch, the Room vote isn't locked in when it reaches a majority, right?