• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm done for a few hours. I agree that room talk is easy to use as a cover, and it's certainly something I'd consider as empty filler when doing reads later, barring any new info.

But it's early D1, and I'm as guilty of it as anyone for now. Room talk is still better than NO talk.

Did anyone notice that unlike lynching, we MUST vote for a room each day?

22. During each Day phase, on top of voting for a lynch candidate, players must also vote for the Room they want the following Day phase to happen in.

I'm also curious how rooms will be blocked off. Like if we pick Dark room, is there an opposite aspect that we're losing? Someone jump on that color theory stuff.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
With a not-Marvel theme, a shield should be good, right? So Teal looks like a winner for any given day.

flatearthpandas Poor you your name is still spelt wrong. Which of the people who posted within ten minutes of game opening is/are the scum?

Hecht Hi fishy. Who do you want to murder based purely on meta?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'll go to bed soon (day starts at midnight noo), but I'm curious about Hecht's vote. Was it a meme vote or serious?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
If this was my game, I would assume that the flavor text for a given room would be tangentially related to what (if anything) the room did.

Flavor is flavor, I'm picking my room for fun! OR I might let one of my kiddos pick (is that allowed)? probably as random as RNG, at least.

until then

MOVE: orange room
If there's no real connection between flavor text and room mechanics why make us vote for it at all?

Anyway I agree that going for good ones early on is probably a bad idea so I'll retract from voting yellow, I feel like if we use the Dark Room too early people will get away with just posting fluff (plus why have only one option?)

MOVE: Green Room

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not to dwell too much on the room choice right at the beginning, but this:

Green Room - "The voices will be pacified." - abilities blocked

Yellow Room - "The voices will also protect." - target of an ability is also protected.

Orange Room - "Noise will muddle the voices." - noise will muddle the abilities. (I have no idea what noise could be).

Could easily refer to abilities. Could be votes as well but idk.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so let's see.

Kalor any early thoughts on who is scum?

Muffin what room are you interested in?

StanleyPalmtree When you're here, I'll be interested in your thoughts. Your timezone will mean you'll have plenty of posts to read :)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so let's see.

Kalor any early thoughts on who is scum?

Muffin what room are you interested in?

StanleyPalmtree When you're here, I'll be interested in your thoughts. Your timezone will mean you'll have plenty of posts to read :)

I have no real thoughts on potential scum, besides a couple of idle musings. It's only 50 minutes in after all and most people haven't checked in yet.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Hecht

Think I've played with you before but I still don't have a great feel about you one way or the other. So I'll leave this vote here for the mo.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Move: Purple room

For the blue room, it seems WAY too open to suss out a meaning. Mixing Fates [clotho, lachesis, atropos] with apate, some minor greek goddess' kiddo, could....suggest.....length of life changing? Oooorr it's all flavor. Probably all flavor.

melonrabbit I haven't murdered you before, have I? Which of the site mods do you want to kill right now?

@copite I don't know you, would you say you're a low, mediium, or high post quantity player?

Stuart444 Are you willing to follow just anyone, or do you have original thoughts too?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Teal room best room.

(I like the colour, it's a nice shade of blue)

Also Zipped first post which he claims was an accidental post that wasn't fully complete. Makes me go "hmm..."
Why would you want to blow a possible shield D1 though? This makes no sense to me? I'd rather get something dangerous out of the way while we still have spare bodies

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Stuart444 - in quick succession you made a strange vote at Hecht and then gave Kalor a question about scum ready when the game has even barely started. It comes off as busywork at this stage. That makes me unease.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
We don't know if/how the shield works, but if it's sommit where we choose who gets the protection, or it's randomly done, it might be better to use it sooner than later, just in terms of odds

more town to protect

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Stuart444 - in quick succession you made a strange vote at Hecht and then gave Kalor a question about scum ready when the game has even barely started. It comes off as busywork at this stage. That makes me unease.

Eh, like I said, I still feel uneasy early D1 so just shout and see what happens.

That said, you have made quite a few posts about your previous game which comes off as noise making.

Just saying...

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If the dark room is indeed some kind of mechanic revolving around post counts, I think it makes more sense to deal with it early rather than later in the game. And it might not cause much harm if it is just something about low post counts.

Vote: Dark Room

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
We don't know if/how the shield works, but if it's sommit where we choose who gets the protection, or it's randomly done, it might be better to use it sooner than later, just in terms of odds

more town to protect
wut

you're shooting in the dark at this point. You could protect scum, or protect any of the countless town that won't get targeted if that were the case

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, like I said, I still feel uneasy early D1 so just shout and see what happens.

That said, you have made quite a few posts about your previous game which comes off as noise making.

Just saying...

Your obvious omgus reactions aside, it's not like jokes during first hour of thr game are unallowed :P.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
wut

you're shooting in the dark at this point. You could protect scum, or protect any of the countless town that won't get targeted if that were the case
that's my point, whether we choose or it's chosen randomly, the odds are better while there's more town around

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I think it's late enough that I can make my grand entrance.

I just wanna say that I didn't do it, but if I'd done it, how could you tell me I was wrong?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think just triggering a shield on the first day is a bad move. We could get lucky but it will always be a shot in the dark pretty much. Later it might be used in a more strategic fashion.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway right now on my list of people to watch:

Zipped
Grizzly.

The former due to his first few posts, the latter because he reminds me of another game where he was mafia and tried to go at me early.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously don't think we'll get the chance to choose who to protect if shield is exactly that.

Could be wrong but I think it will be RNG/Mod choice.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The shield seems like it makes more sense to save for later in the game. Though it's hard to say when we don't know how it actually works, or if it even actually protects people.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
There will most likely be green checked townies/PR claims/just toenread people in general we cna protect.
I don't think it's a good idea using up the Teal room today, obviously, it's sommit worth waiting for reads and histories first, but I wouldn't want to keep the room too late in the games rotation is all I'm sayin

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Aight lemme take a peek at this now, I think some nonsense is afoot here

LIst of Rooms:

White Room - ? (I bet we com back to this later)
Green Room - "The voices will be pacified." (Lynch is easier?)
Red Room - "Backs will be turned against the glass wall." (Tied to Red Room?)
Purple Room - "Unincisiveness will be punished." (Votes needed for lynch is higher, or no revotes)
Blue Room - "Fates could change." (Role swaps?)
Yellow Room - "The voices will also protect." (Voting for lynch actually saves the person?)
Dark Room - "Silence will be punished" (talk or die)
Orange Room - "Noise will muddle the voices." (Fake votes?)
Pink Room - "All eyes will look across the glass wall." (fuck if I know)
Grey Room - "Uncertainty will be punished." (Votes needed to lynch is higher)
Teal Room - "The shield will rise." (Either town is protected or no lynchings allowed)

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
If the dark room is indeed some kind of mechanic revolving around post counts, I think it makes more sense to deal with it early rather than later in the game. And it might not cause much harm if it is just something about low post counts.
I agree with this.

I think the odds of beating someone's post count is better if there are a lot of people.

Move: Dark Room

Last edited: