• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why the indecisiveness Zippy?

I'm calling you Zippy because zippedpinhead is too long to type out

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aight I wanna roll with this Sister Room thing

Green Room - "The voices will be pacified."
Orange Room - "Noise will muddle the voices."

Red Room - "Backs will be turned against the glass wall."
Pink Room - "All eyes will look across the glass wall."

Purple Room - "Unincisiveness will be punished."
Grey Room - "Uncertainty will be punished."

Blue Room - "Fates could change."
Yellow Room - "The voices will also protect."
Dark Room - "Silence will be punished"
Teal Room - "The shield will rise."
White Room - ?

I can't tell for the last ones? Odd number?

Could be coincidence, but those do border each other on the keypad.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you follow that pattern, it matches up dark and yellow, white and teal, and blue with the blank spot.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is anybody bothered by the fact that the room colors are sitting next to a deceitful statue? And maybe even the hints are opposites?

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Is anybody bothered by the fact that the room colors are sitting next to a deceitful statue? And maybe even the hints are opposites?
what statue?

rFn4MEh.jpg

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did you also not read the OP?

An enormous Silver Statue welcomes the 24 invitees into the Mansion, sitting in the middle of the entrance hall.

The Statue is of a masked lady in a long dress, with her hands extended invitingly towards the front door. An inscription on its base reads "Apate, the personification of deceit."

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

An enormous Silver Statue welcomes the 24 invitees into the Mansion, sitting in the middle of the entrance hall.

The Statue is of a masked lady in a long dress, with her hands extended invitingly towards the front door. An inscription on its base reads "Apate, the personification of deceit."

i think that's just flavour and lampshading that mafia is a very decietful game. full of decietful people doing deceitey things with lots of decietinessness.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017

yeah yeah I found it. Read the fluff when the thread came up and haven't paid much attention to it since other than the room colors

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
of course, at this point in the game, all rabbit holes are valid, so dash down them and see what you find

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i think that's just flavour and lampshading that mafia is a very decietful game. full of decietful people doing deceitey things with lots of decietinessness.

I do lean that way, but I can't outright dismiss any fluff since the button descriptions seem to matter. That makes all fluff fair game, so there's merit to weemadarthur's observation.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I do lean that way, but I can't outright dismiss any fluff since the button descriptions seem to matter. That makes all fluff fair game, so there's merit to weemadarthur's observation.
If it's relevant my best guess is that even "good" rooms may have some other effect that isn't necessarily obvious. Like "the shield will rise" also means no lynch, but that seems...kind of a silly condition

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think there's a line we can draw to where fluff that relates to game mechanics is directly relevant but fluff that doesn't appear to have any direct correlation can be safetly ignored. But as I said, all rabbit holes are valid at this point of the game.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's relevant my best guess is that even "good" rooms may have some other effect that isn't necessarily obvious. Like "the shield will rise" also means no lynch, but that seems...kind of a silly condition

galaxy brain: there are no good choices in mafia
universe brain: even bad choices in mafia are good choices in mafia. depending on your point of view

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
galaxy brain: there are no good choices in mafia
universe brain: even bad choices in mafia are good choices in mafia. depending on your point of view
Well duh, even if I don't want to lynch a townie on D1, chances are we will, and that gives us information. Still a somewhat positive outcome

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna back off of my belief that the grey room is a good option right now. D1 is literally nothing but uncertainty

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well duh, even if I don't want to lynch a townie on D1, chances are we will, and that gives us information. Still a somewhat positive outcome

good I'm glad we agree that this D1 we don't have to argue over no lynching because that would just be tiring

...dammit i've named the beast now i've summoned it haven't i

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This jumped to me a little but then I thought "nah, too easy a win con"

then again, we just had a game where someone had to get people to choose Pineapple Pizza to win without any counter soooo :P

Seriously, why so much moving Zip?

Although i wasn't serious with that, i think there's something to Zipped's posts. Whether he's just scumming it up or if it has anything else behind it or not idk.

Green Room - "The voices will be pacified."
Orange Room - "Noise will muddle the voices."

Red Room - "Backs will be turned against the glass wall."
Pink Room - "All eyes will look across the glass wall."

This makes some sense and i'm liking the idea of trying one of these possible sister rooms to see if we get any info out of it.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Although i wasn't serious with that, i think there's something to Zipped's posts. Whether he's just scumming it up or if it has anything else behind it or not idk.

This makes some sense and i'm liking the idea of trying one of these possible sister rooms to see if we get any info out of it.

Which one do you think would be a safe bet to test this out?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, i have no actual reads at all so far. Only a couple of things stand out. Stuart's col
Which one do you think would be a safe bet to test this out?

I mentioned Orange before and i still like it. 'Muddying the voices' sounds bad. Unforeseen Consequences bad. It would also give us insight into what voices are, which would shed some light on a couple more rooms.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it lol

Disregard the beginning of my last post as i'm still working on it and i hate mobile :(

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So purple warns against non-clear thinking, and orange will presumably flood the chat with some bullshit

Backs to a glass wall means that whoever's on the other side can see what you're doing in private, but if we're facing the glass wall then we can see what they do. Maybe there's a scum role that allows them to function behind the glass wall, and they have to

So what room are ya going for?
Working on it. I'd prefer to keep Teal, Pink, and Red for mid game. If I had to hazard a guess, there's a role that causes someone to move to the other side of the glass wall and stay there. If we move to the pink room while they're there, we'll see what they're doing. If we move to red, they'll see any secret roles we have going on. So a game of box peek, I guess? And teal just seems too useful to waste now.

I'm guessing Blue can trigger a no lynch/ no night kill.

I'm more concerned about what rooms we'll be forced into come late-game than I am about what rooms are useful right this second. Grey might be useful later if someone's holding out on a role claim or something we need. Purple sounds like some kind of MyLo deal.

Mentioned it before but Dark would be good to get some people active or potentially get rid of inactive ones right away.

Green sounds like a max, and if Brazil is a crazy person, yellow could be some kind of "protected if your post count is this number"

Orange seems objectively bad for town, so the question is this: Should we move there and get rid of it now while mistakes can still happen, or hold off and just hope we don't end up in there?

On the room pairing deal, my guess is

Green Room - "The voices will be pacified." / Yellow Room - "The voices will also protect."
Pink Room - "All eyes will look across the glass wall." / Red Room - "Backs will be turned against the glass wall."
Dark Room - "Silence will be punished" / Orange Room - "Noise will muddle the voices."

Don't know about the others

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That being said, it couldn't just be a scum role. It could be a Town role. Investigation rooms have those kind of windows.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how I didn't finish that sentence, then moved my point to the other part of my post and forgot that I never finished the first sentence, lmao.

I just sort of think if everyone's backs are pressed against the wall it's probably a good thing. Or at least an informative thing. I didn't really factor in the glass part of that riddle at all.