• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
That's also true. If that's the case then eyes to wall would be beneficial to scum in that scenario.
wouldn't backs to the wall mean that if scum is on the other side of it then town can't see what they are doing? now i don't know how that translates to a mechanic, but "backs to the wall" sounds worse to me

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wouldn't backs to the wall mean that if scum is on the other side of it then town can't see what they are doing? now i don't know how that translates to a mechanic, but "backs to the wall" sounds worse to me

Town can't really see what Scum is doing anyway, can they? "Backs to the wall" feels like something that just implies pressure. It's a very neutral kind of phrasing.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We were discussing town being on the other side of the wall in that scenario.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Town can't really see what Scum is doing anyway, can they? "Backs to the wall" feels like something that just implies pressure. It's a very neutral kind of phrasing.
no, but, we can, for instance, see who they killed. maybe backs to the wall implies a janitor mechanic in that room or something. The wall being glass is what differentiates it from a normal wall. You can't look through a normal wall, but glass implies there's something to see, and if your back is to it, you obviously can't see through it.

No idea what any of that means, just that "backs to the wall" sounds like a more negative implication than "sees across"

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with the bastard game terminology. How would a glass room make it a bastard game?
The last bastard game I was in had pretty much everything be a lie. We were told earlier the game is being played straight by the mods, so I'm not sure we should be expecting a secret room they told no one about.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
no, but, we can, for instance, see who they killed. maybe backs to the wall implies a janitor mechanic in that room or something. The wall being glass is what differentiates it from a normal wall. You can't look through a normal wall, but glass implies there's something to see, and if your back is to it, you obviously can't see through it.

No idea what any of that means, just that "backs to the wall" sounds like a more negative implication than "sees across"
The implication of seeing through' the glass wall certainly sounds more like a positive, but its hard to judge what the 'back against the glass wall' would imply

maybe something separate, like votes not being public for a day?

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I do think with the glass wall one is positive and one is negative, but they positive/negative might not have to specifically correlate

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I say we go for all the punish rooms first.

Later in the game they could turn the tables almost irreversibly. They wouldn't have the same impact so early in the game.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
there's also this, as its been pointed out earlier

The Statue is of a masked lady in a long dress, with her hands extended invitingly towards the front door. An inscription on its base reads "Apate, the personification of deceit."

the statue is 'reading out' the room descriptions, but the base reads that the statue is the 'personification of deceit'

i don't think that means each description is a lie, but it could just mean things might not be exactly what we expect with the descriptions

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
if it was a bastard game, id say dont trust the statue at all, but i think its just slight 'twists' on what we might expect

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
there's also this, as its been pointed out earlier

the statue is 'reading out' the room descriptions, but the base reads that the statue is the 'personification of deceit'

i don't think that means each description is a lie, but it could just mean things might not be exactly what we expect with the descriptions
Room descriptions aren't being said by the statute... it's from loudspeakers on the wall.

Still, I wouldn't completely trust the descriptions, given the prominence of the statue.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Well, if the statue is in the entrance hall and it's pointing "invitingly" to the front door, isn't she telling us to leave the mansion?

Or is the entrance hall typically outside a house?

Sorry... never been in a mansion before.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
entrance hall is usually the nice room with a staircase and a bunch of doors leading off to other rooms

usually just full of decorative stuff, sometimes a chandelier

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
21ad9784c3c8a5bdb6fa24fc43f0bbd0.gif

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, if the statue is in the entrance hall and it's pointing "invitingly" to the front door, isn't she telling us to leave the mansion?

Or is the entrance hall typically outside a house?

Sorry... never been in a mansion before.

*gasp*

All of us upstanding guests have surely been in a mansion before! You must be scum.

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Zippedpinhead (3 votes)
B-Dubs - #190
Grizzly - #315
Stuart444 - #406

B-Dubs (2 votes)
Hecht - #206
Flatearthpandas - #293

Stuart444 (1 votes)
Godfather - #140

StanleyPalmtree (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #181

Kitsunelaine (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #437

Hecht (0 votes)
Stuart444 - #217 #406

Godfather (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #359 #437

Kopite (0 votes)
Grizzly - #194 #273

Aeleus (0 votes)
Aeleus - #112 #161

Post Counts:
Stuart444: 49 Fat4All: 48 Grizzly: 47 BronsonLee: 23 Kitsunelaine: 22 saenima: 21 B-Dubs: 19 Godfather: 19 Hecht: 18 Z-Beat: 18 Zippedpinhead: 18 weemadarthur: 12 Kalor: 11 Flatearthpandas: 9 WhySoDevious: 8 girlofgotham: 8 Aeleus: 7 LuxCommander: 5 Kopite: 5 SaucyKaz: 3 Muffin: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 1 Ends in:

asktlsvue7

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
==== DAY 1 MOVEMENT ====
Day Start

dark room (Active votes: 11)
godfather - #140
grizzly - #151
saucykaz - #164
luxcommander - #185
hecht - #195
fat4all - #198
whysodevious - #250
saenima - #291
flatearthpandas - #293
kalor - #318
bronsonlee - #337

purple room (Active votes: 2)
weemadarthur - #221
muffin - #312

green room (Active votes: 2)
aeleus - #213
stuart444 - #364

orange room (Active votes: 1)
b-dubs - #130

red room (Active votes: 1)
kitsunelaine - #359

blue room (Active votes: 1)
zippedpinhead - #407

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Oct 26, 2017
Feels like we're going above and beyond the call of flavor speculation. How about we see how the mechanic actually works?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I would be inclined to think that the colors reflect an actual room in a mansion.

Green would be a kitchen, more likely.

White is the entrance hall, as we already know.

Pink could be a nursery (my brother painted his nursery an ugly pink so that comes to mind).

Oct 26, 2017
wheres the drawback in speculating about mechanics before we test them
Where's the benefit? Just spinning wheels to look busy imo. Some thought is good because we can move, but we're getting far off into bullshit land talking about invisible rooms, speakers, and statues imo.

I mean, have at it but it's a bad look to me