• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
That vote tool! Reminded me that purple exists.

I have a feeling that votes in a few days will tell an interesting story (as they always do)

But with everyone deciding that the dark room is where we need to be (which irks me because it means we are going from the white room filled with light into a darkness filled room.

But everyone is voting to go there, so it's not like it's a scum tell or anything.

Love the clue gifs. BTW

move: purple room

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I don't think Zippedpinhead's swapping is anything but having some fun. A little risky given how trigger happy a lot of people are here, but harmless as long as the end vote is thought out I guess. Despite being mostly in the dark I think we can glean enough about some of the rooms to make somewhat safe decisions early.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't whip anything out!

Melon your first choice is an ADMIN that's a completely different thing from a mod, please select a mod as requested prior plsthx.

Muffin you ded, mon?

Hecht can you make the guy named Splinter on this site change his name pls?

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I can but I won't because I love to watch you all struggle

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Zippedpinhead's swapping is anything but having some fun. A little risky given how trigger happy a lot of people are here, but harmless as long as the end vote is thought out I guess. Despite being mostly in the dark I think we can glean enough about some of the rooms to make somewhat safe decisions early.
Well, not like there's much else to go off yet. Gotta wait for tomorrow and see who posts and who doesn't. Then we can maybe get one of them if we think they're a better option. Still early yet.

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Don't whip anything out!

tenor.gif

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Move: Dark Room on the grounds of it being relatively low risk and possibly canceling the orange room if my pairing theory is correct. If it's not I'll probably vote to go to the orange one next round because I don't want to keep it in plsy

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Melon your first choice is an ADMIN that's a completely different thing from a mod, please select a mod as requested prior plsthx.

Close enough.

I can but I won't because I love to watch you all struggle

Way to watch the world burn. Choice justified.

FINE SORRY SPLINTER NO ASTERISK FOR ALL THE ACCIDENTAL PINGS

Already derailing the game and he ain't even here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that we have gone this long and noone has made an Edgar Allan Poe reference hurts me.

Stop confusing me with your existence. *sob* I miss you.

Sadly, Sorian isn't here.
Not fat3all because I can't see gifs half the time if my internet isn't happy that day.
I'll find someone. Maybe you.

What are YOU doing here? It's day one. Did your gamestyle ask for a replacement?

Incisive means succinct.

1 plus 2 plus 1 plus 1

vote: stanleypalmtree
Eat me
If this was my game, I would assume that the flavor text for a given room would be tangentially related to what (if anything) the room did.

Flavor is flavor, I'm picking my room for fun! OR I might let one of my kiddos pick (is that allowed)? probably as random as RNG, at least.

until then

MOVE: orange room
This is just stupid,
they are clearly carefully worded clues totally distinct from the usual fluffy nonsense of day begin/end flavor.
Ignoring it is just foolish
Okay so let's see.

Kalor any early thoughts on who is scum?

Muffin what room are you interested in?

StanleyPalmtree When you're here, I'll be interested in your thoughts. Your timezone will mean you'll have plenty of posts to read :)
So fars its been fruitless mechanics speculation, just because people posted a lot doesnt mean there was much worth listening to.
Any thoughts on what the glass wall could be?
Glass signifies transparency, Wall signifies somewhere you cannot go.
A glass wall in the context of mafia would be something that we can see but not interfere with, most likely some form of night actions being visible but still not much we can do to interfere with them.
Town can't really see what Scum is doing anyway, can they? "Backs to the wall" feels like something that just implies pressure. It's a very neutral kind of phrasing.
The particular phrase doesnt really follow here for me, the usual expression of being under intense pressure is having your back up against the wall, "Backs will be turned against the glass wall." puts the primary subject of the sentence on the wall, like the important detail is that the wall is not being faced.
If this was about being under pressure that is a fucking bizzare way to phrase it.

Honestly my guess following my earlier bit about the glass wall is that it will be something like town no longet being able to see something they usually can, possibly votes becoming private for that day.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
this was my thought

are invisible votes a thing in mafia games? ive never come across a game/power like that yet, though it seems like a plausible thing
Yeah, you would have to PM the moderator your vote most likely. We've had a few games with that mechanic at some point

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"the voices will also protect"

i wonder if that means sommit like that the person with the most posts gets protection from the lynch

or if the "will also" implies its a choice made by the scum team

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"the voices will also protect"

i wonder if that means sommit like that the person with the most posts gets protection from the lynch

or if the "will also" implies its a choice made by the scum team
The "will also" to me implied that it's part of a pair with another room.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I wont lie tho, "the voices will also protect" is some awesomely eerie sounding shit.

Naming my next prog metal band that.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
There's also a bit about maybe losing access for reasons we cannot know. Maybe if we used up rooms next to each other, we'd cut off a corner or sommit. I dunno, but we're going off deliberately obfuscated info and nothing else.

Looking at the pic i can't even tell which basically black square is the dark room even.

Girlofgotham Would you want to select a post retriction or an ability adjustment for the first room change, given the choice?

*Splinter LuxCommander Have you arrived at the mansion yet? I don't recall seeing you. Please speculate on the meaning of zippo's room moving.
I think the post restriction eliminates people voting on the quiet people which I think is probably a good way to give us an extra day of scum-hunting (no-one needs to worry about the low-posters if they're going to be punished anyway).

I feel like ability adjustment is maybe a good one to hold onto for later

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I think the post restriction eliminates people voting on the quiet people which I think is probably a good way to give us an extra day of scum-hunting (no-one needs to worry about the low-posters if they're going to be punished anyway).

I feel like ability adjustment is maybe a good one to hold onto for later
I think that's a bit out there, getting killed even though you post more than 10 times a day. Maybe they're votes won't count or something?

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's a bit out there, getting killed even though you post more than 10 times a day. Maybe they're votes won't count or something?
Oh I did indeed answer that wrong and think we were talking about the dark room.

But yeah though I still prefer post restriction to ability adjustment because it could possibly root out the shitposters.

Plus that would be a bugger later in the game. Scum could goad you into an argument to use up your post count and then you can't say anything useful.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Most people going for the Dark room seems about right, since nobody likes low post counts

Not inclined to vote Zipped though he indeed seemed to just mess around. Seems NAI to me. Will keep it in mind though.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Most people going for the Dark room seems about right, since nobody likes low post counts

Not inclined to vote Zipped though he indeed seemed to just mess around. Seems NAI to me. Will keep it in mind though.
Agreed. At the moment anyway. Seems like Zipped is just messing. Doesn't necessarily seem like a scum tell. Plus it would be ballsy to do this right out of the gate

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
10 pages to catch up on already. Humbug

Grizzly's earliest posts stand out to me in a bad way. Fake feeling, and he's the first to mention a recruit mechanic.

Ok he's asking questions now at least. Don't know why he gave Stu such a big kiss on the bum though.

Dark room seems a good choice early game, before I forget:
MOVE: Dark Room

Aeleus recommends we give him night immunity. I like the cut of his jib.

Zipped opens with a riddle. Thanks I hate it.

Second cult comment from Grizzly. Welcome to the scumlist friend.

Ok another one. Seems he's refering to another game.

PoisedRelievedKrill-small.gif

weemadarthur hates fun (and discussion).

Saenima is a power role.

I am feeling better about Grizzly now. It's only light, but he at least pushes against people occasionally. Quite a lot of interactions with Stu already. Probably just an activity thing.

Stuart seems pretty carefree in the face of suspicion.

That's a fair idea. I just think one less kill the better no matter if it's used early or later.

False.
I still like Stu's response to the mounting pressure, although the passive aggressive attack on Grizz was a bit weird.

We don't know if/how the shield works, but if it's sommit where we choose who gets the protection, or it's randomly done, it might be better to use it sooner than later, just in terms of odds

more town to protect
Super false. I don't like Fats' contributions thus far.

I'm up to the end of page 5, back in a bit

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at their posts, Zipped is just fooling around and I dont see why some people think that he has a role that requires moving. I don't see the point of a role like that when it would always be called out immediately. It's hardly subtle. Even if it is a role, it's not suspicious because I wouldn't expect scum to have it.