• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I still think that rooms will be more than just "red room", but we won't know for sure until we move.

But, seriously, what room in a house would have glass walls? A Conservatory? There's one of those in Clue.

76a24fda5952a89008dcb15ae71df4ef.jpg
Yeah I think that's interpreting a bit too much into it. Glass room has probably something to do with interfering with actions or is something that has to do with the neutral I think.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
You need nothing Godfather, you simply demand. Now that you mention it though...

VOTE: *Splinter

Now, I'm not one to talk, everyone knows how notoriously quiet I am in games. But right now you're sitting with me on the 8 posts bench and still have a vote on you from melonrabbit (a poke vote, but a vote none the less).
Timezones aside, what's going on buddy?
I was at work. Had a bit of time to post this morning but was busy all afternoon. Working this evening too but should be able to post a bit.

Seems I haven't missed much beyond more mechanic speculation. Zipped you're causing some of this by moving all the time. Hilarious gambit, cut it out.

I doubt Zipped is scum with all the attention he's bringing to himself. The only way I could see it is if he's playing up to the attention for that "too scummy to be scum" vibe. In fairness I think he has done that before. I would consider him the emergency lynch, but not a good place to be voting right now

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I figure even if all a Zipped vote does is clear up a bit of smoke, it's probably the only real option atm
Nah. I agree with Splinters interpretation here, Zipped is more of an emergency lynch to me. It's not like D1 gives me much else but at this point I would put a vote down on a simple gut read of mine over Zipped. I've just seen this whole theater ending in lynched town too often. Of course this could change if I notice something else that makes him look scummy in combination with this whole moving votes thing.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Quick look at the votes on Zipped so far:

B-dubz - early vote. I have 0 thoughts on him, even though I think he's posted quite a bit.
Grizzly - early-ish vote. I've gone back and forth on Grizz a couple of times already. I currently have a light scum lean on him.
Stuart (unvoted) - butted heads with Grizz early on. He feels kinda confrontational to me, lean town.
Z-Beat - no idea. It's a late vote on Zipped which I'd consider bad, but makes more sense from a new player.
Bronson - I got a pretty early town lean on Bronson, I think its the carefree attitude. His vote felt a little unnatural though, like he'd been prompted to put one down.

Not super enlightening. The late votes are both from new players, which feels less suspicious. Bronson suddenly deciding to vote is the only thing to stick out to me from this lot.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
You still haven't elaborated on your gut read.

And no I wasn't referring to Stuart's vote. I was talking about Kalor's. I'm not suggesting you hide anything, I'm simply questioning you further.

I'm just intrigued that you threw out a gut vote (with no reason as to why you're feeling this) and your defence of someone else was simply that newbie scum wouldn't ask questions. Seems like quite an assumption to make. In both cases really.
I voted on Z-Beat mainly because I just had bad feelings about him, given that it's day 1 and there isn't much to go on. If there was a reason founded on evidence it's that he's made 28 posts (almost as many as zipped) but I can't see any stance he's taken, it's all just going back on forth on mechanics or fluff, this isn't a strong feeling, but it's the strongest I've got.

I'm not sure that I've made my reasons for town reading Saenima clear so I'll give every detail here, these may not be good, but right now they're the best I've got

Reasons for thinking he's town: I was previously wary of posts which just asked a bunch of questions to different players without giving any of their own thoughts (this was done by grizzly and Stuart from memory), I thought they were setting the tone and trying to become town leader without giving any real opinions, rather than just asking a question I thought Saenima was having similar thoughts and was trying to turn the tables on these kind of posts, forcing them to give the reads they wanted others to feed them.

Reasons for thinking that isn't a move new-scum would do: If stuart had replied (which I don't think he did, may be wrong) and then replied with his own questions a conversation would form and if he posted anything which felt scummy, Stuart being both a good player and the primary participant in the conversation, would likely be able to zone in on that slip and possibly get a lynch and I just don't think someone who is playing for the first time and is also scum would take that risk.

This is based on the assumption that Saenima is suffering from new-player anxiety (which unlike me, WhySoDevious and BronsonLee he hasn't mentioned) and also that Saenima and Stuart aren't both scum, which is completely possible, at which point this read falls apart completely.

As I said when I first mentioned it, this isn't a strong read, for the fact that it was on a single post and that it's based on Saenima worrying to the same degree as me.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We have a lot of lazy votes on zipped, IMO, and a lot of people using him as a backup excuse as well. Not liking this at all.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. I agree with Splinters interpretation here, Zipped is more of an emergency lynch to me. It's not like D1 gives me much else but at this point I would put a vote down on a simple gut read of mine over Zipped. I've just seen this whole theater ending in lynched town too often. Of course this could change if I notice something else that makes him look scummy in combination with this whole moving votes thing.
That's fair, I'm just going off my limited history with noisy D1 players. Last time I thought it was just dicking around and it turned out to be scum.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Don't worry, he's on the case!

We have appx a day still. Day phases are 48 hours. After that, the power roles and scum team will have 24 hours to do their abilities.
don't forget that all votes will take place at the last minute after 5 power roles have claimed unnecessarily

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Where do you think a good place to be voting right now is?
I don't know yet. I don't fancy a D1 Grizzly lynched from such a soft read. There's Bronson's awkward vote but he's posting frequently enough that I don't feel a rush to resolve him.

It'll probably be one of the lurkers. Muffin started posting but I don't think they've said anything of note yet. Just mentioned a neutral role for some reason.

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
We've got plenty of time...

Gotta get back to work, so I'll be going dark for a few hours, see you all then. I'll try to follow the thread, expect a mega-multi-quote post if anything crazy goes down. I will most likely move my vote in that post too. I figured the inactivity on *Splinter was just timezone/work stuff, but it's always important to verify to be sure.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not voting for a new player today unless they literally claim scum somehow. I also wouldn't vote for one of our most active players on D1. That's how we end up with a low activity game.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I voted on Z-Beat mainly because I just had bad feelings about him, given that it's day 1 and there isn't much to go on. If there was a reason founded on evidence it's that he's made 28 posts (almost as many as zipped) but I can't see any stance he's taken, it's all just going back on forth on mechanics or fluff, this isn't a strong feeling, but it's the strongest I've got.

I'm not sure that I've made my reasons for town reading Saenima clear so I'll give every detail here, these may not be good, but right now they're the best I've got

Reasons for thinking he's town: I was previously wary of posts which just asked a bunch of questions to different players without giving any of their own thoughts (this was done by grizzly and Stuart from memory), I thought they were setting the tone and trying to become town leader without giving any real opinions, rather than just asking a question I thought Saenima was having similar thoughts and was trying to turn the tables on these kind of posts, forcing them to give the reads they wanted others to feed them.

Reasons for thinking that isn't a move new-scum would do: If stuart had replied (which I don't think he did, may be wrong) and then replied with his own questions a conversation would form and if he posted anything which felt scummy, Stuart being both a good player and the primary participant in the conversation, would likely be able to zone in on that slip and possibly get a lynch and I just don't think someone who is playing for the first time and is also scum would take that risk.

This is based on the assumption that Saenima is suffering from new-player anxiety (which unlike me, WhySoDevious and BronsonLee he hasn't mentioned) and also that Saenima and Stuart aren't both scum, which is completely possible, at which point this read falls apart completely.

As I said when I first mentioned it, this isn't a strong read, for the fact that it was on a single post and that it's based on Saenima worrying to the same degree as me.
This is good. I hadn't spotted it but I'll stick Saenima and Aeleus in the town pile for now.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
We have a lot of lazy votes on zipped, IMO, and a lot of people using him as a backup excuse as well. Not liking this at all.

Muffin has no vote in place and fewest posts right now.

Vote: muffin

Luxcommander is also in the running for this vote.

Calling out the Zipped vote as lazy while having this vote? lol.

It's D1, we don't have much right now but calling others votes lazy when you have this vote feels like projection.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Talking about gut reads:

VOTE: Kalor

Kalor my friend. Why do I have a bad feeling about you so often?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I didn't miss out much - most of the last pages has been Zipped jumping about, and others making light commentary on it.

I'm keeping my vote on him - not due to the room voting (that seems like a lazy gambit as best, NAI), but due to the inconsistency/lie I mentioned earlier. Now that inconsistency wouldn't matter that much, but the way he doubled down on it makes me nervous.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm missing butts, I'll also highlight this post:

reads list:

Scum leaning -
grizzly - played first 24 hours of this day like their first day of Monopoly. gives me a strong scum vibe.
Kitsunelaine - but this is more galaxy brain than anything, why vote for yourself ever? even if it is the first vote? we know there is no tanner, most people would think you are town screwing around but my gut says its scum trying to hide behind something silly.

null read
B-dubs - I'm torn, because I don't agree with you but I'm not sure if that pushes you towards scum leading or just a town disagreement

Town -
Hecht - Even though I disagree with you, you figured out my game on page 4 and then posted about it in the game thread, scum wouldn't go and post that, likely keeping it to scum chat, but town would so instant town for me.

Others that I am still formulating reads on are Stuart444, Kalor, and godfather. I feel like i should have reads on them by now with their posting but I don't.

If I had to vote right now it would be for Grizzly.

move: blue room
The reasoning is whatever, but the Grizz, Kits, and Hecht reads line up with my own, so Zipped gets minor town points for that.

I don't think I mentioned Kits before now. I don't know why but I got a bad feeling from her already. I'd have to reread to see if there's anything in it.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I didn't miss out much - most of the last pages has been Zipped jumping about, and others making light commentary on it.

I'm keeping my vote on him - not due to the room voting (that seems like a lazy gambit as best, NAI), but due to the inconsistency/lie I mentioned earlier. Now that inconsistency wouldn't matter that much, but the way he doubled down on it makes me nervous.

What lie?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Calling out the Zipped vote as lazy while having this vote? lol.

It's D1, we don't have much right now but calling others votes lazy when you have this vote feels like projection.

I literally posted a great reason right there. Muffin was skating and had no active vote. That's scummy. A lot of the zipped votes have nothing to do with thinking he's scummy.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I literally posted a great reason right there. Muffin was skating and had no active vote. That's scummy. A lot of the zipped votes have nothing to do with thinking he's scummy.
No active vote on long stretches of D1 isnt unusual at all, especially not with still over half a day to go

In contrast the Zipped votes seem a bit tryhard to me :)

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017

1. Dubs voted Zipped and called out Zip's behaviour.
2. Zipped post right after 'self correcting' said behaviour.
3. I asked if Zipped posted said post due to Dubs' vote.
4. Zip said no, he said he saw another person voting him.
5. I told Zipped that nobody had voted him before.
6. Zipped said he thought someone had voted him, references that 'I thought Dubs voted me in previous post where he mentioned me'
7. I remind Zipped that Dubs never mentioned him before the vote.

It's small things, but it feels like Zipped kept doubling down on more little lies for some reason.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No active vote on long stretches of D1 isnt unusual at all, especially not with still over half a day to go

In contrast the Zipped votes seem a bit tryhard to me :)

Just because it's normal for people to play poorly on D1 doesn't mean I'm going to excuse it. I may switch to other non-voters now that you're on Kalor, but I want to give this a little time first.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
6. Zipped said he thought someone had voted him, references that 'I thought Dubs voted me in previous post where he mentioned me'

It's small things, but it feels like Zipped kept doubling down on more little lies for some reason.
See, this is at least solid reasoning I can understand instead of just "Zipped acting like he has a move requirement although it's obvious he doesn't have it makes him scummy"

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Fireblend Can people's post counts in your vote tool be a link to their posts from that thread?
I wish. Unfortunately, Era doesn't support (as far as I know), constructing search query URLs to automatize the process of doing searches for users' posts in a specific thread (something like www.resetera.com/search?thread=xxx&user=yyyy). Instead the search UI requires explicit user interaction to set the search parameters which then generates a query ID that is hard to share. I've already tried to bring it up to the Era tech team as a request but they've not responded.

I've also considered literally storing every post in the thread and then displaying filtered results myself, but I'm not doing that without everyone's consent and it'd be ultimately hard to manage, plus I'd have to handle all of the rich-text formatting (like quotes and stuff) in a way that was readable and that's a ton of work. I could also store everyone's posts' links and then only load the posts' content from them, but it'd require having to make tons of requests given how much people post in these games and that doesn't fix the rich text formatting issue.

End of interruption.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah I forgot this. Grizz catching Zipped in a "lie":

You specifically refer to B-Dubs mentioning you, which didn't happen until he voted for you. That is the lie.
I'm not sure I follow, can you explain how he lied and, more importantly, why he did so?[/QUOTE]

Zipped said "B-dubs mentioned me in an earlier post before he voted me" which didn't happen. That is a contradiction at least.

As for why he said a lie, I'm not sure. Without context it's a very small thing, but it was part of a larger conversation I was having with him, where it seemed like he kept doubling down on his original point ("I am not reactionary scum"). Why keep doubling down? Not sure. But it's D1 and everything is kinda weak at this point.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

I went backed and checked, I think this holds up.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish. Unfortunately, Era doesn't support (as far as I know), constructing search query URLs to automatize the process of doing searches for users' posts in a specific thread (something like www.resetera.com/search?thread=xxx&user=yyyy). Instead the search UI requires explicit user interaction to set the search parameters which then generates a query ID that is hard to share. I've already tried to bring it up to the Era tech team as a request but they've not responded.

I've also considered literally storing every post in the thread and then displaying filtered results myself, but I'm not doing that without everyone's consent and it'd be ultimately hard to manage, plus I'd have to handle all of the rich-text formatting (like quotes and stuff) in a way that was readable and that's a ton of work. I could also store everyone's posts' links and then only load the posts' content from them, but it'd require having to make tons of requests given how much people post in these games and that doesn't fix the rich text formatting issue.

End of interruption.

Cool, I shoulda figured you guys would have considered that already! Thanks for your help as always.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
While again I'm not gonna assume that Zipped is Town, I don't really think Grizz's inquisition of Zipped is "solid." It seems like someone just trying to latch on to something really minor on D1 in order to "gotcha" Zipped (especially when Zipped has plenty of other dumb things he's been doing today).

Grizz is a little suspect to me.