• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Godfather isn't really wrong, he's just... I dunno. Feels like he's exaggerating the arguments against him to make people out to be villains. That plus him going out of his way to remind us all "this is how I always play!" leaves me feeling not great about him.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Also the concept of discussing and getting reactions out of other people without voting isnt that hard to get. Really not.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Godfather isn't really wrong, he's just... I dunno. Feels like he's exaggerating the arguments against him to make people out to be villains. That plus him going out of his way to remind us all "this is how I always play!" leaves me feeling not great about him.
I'd feel better about his arguments if we had 6 hours left, not 24. This feels a bit like a "we only have a few hours left, come on guys let's go" thing, only it's way too early for it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that

Sort of a long wait for what'll be a lackluster post but these are some of the quotes that stuck out.

This first one felt weird since the cult room was a weird specific mention considering they are a new player. I know the cult stuff was mentioned before but I didn't think it was something worth repeating.

Please not a cult room :(

This second one came shortly after another post where they had an idea about Zippeds posts, then going to having no idea 2 posts later. Which is hardly indicative when people can change their minds at any time.

Sure. Was gonna mention that Stuart's initial push for rooms based on colors was not very helpful and that Zipped's posts are really weird and idk what to make of them.

As I said at the time, it was mostly a gut thing and not based on anything substantial. Since they're a new player, I'll most likely end up moving the vote at some point and give them at least the first day.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So where do you guys draw the line? How long do we allow people to hold their vote before it's a problem? We have less than 24 hours to go with roughly 1/3 of our players not participating in the vote. I only have around 3 more hours of activity before I'm away from my PC for the rest of the phase.

You have to press people early and often or the meta will just continually backslide until we have 11th hour bullshit over and over again. This is really simple shit here.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
This first one felt weird since the cult room was a weird specific mention considering they are a new player. I know the cult stuff was mentioned before but I didn't think it was something worth repeating.

I will say here, to be fair. Saenima's first game as a spectator was the recent game with a cult. Probably why they mentioned/remembered it

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I can help you with this one. My history with Mafia literally consists of speccing one game, the last one here on Era, where there was indeed a cult. That's why it popped into my mind in response to the neutral talk.

As for the rest, it is what it is.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Not for nothing I thought we were running out of time since Godfather was telling peeps to vote earlier in the day

I feel tricked
Bamboozled
HOOD
WINKED

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
DAY END IN:

asktlsvue7

(thanks Febe for making this part of the vote tool <3)

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
So where do you guys draw the line? How long do we allow people to hold their vote before it's a problem? We have less than 24 hours to go with roughly 1/3 of our players not participating in the vote. I only have around 3 more hours of activity before I'm away from my PC for the rest of the phase.

You have to press people early and often or the meta will just continually backslide until we have 11th hour bullshit over and over again. This is really simple shit here.
I mean I'm trying to press Grizz but instead you've hijacked the thread to argue about the importance of voting. Something that noone actually disagrees with.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017

So this is all because you're not going to be here?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is one big behavioral change I'm seeing today though.
I mean I'm trying to press Grizz but instead you've hijacked the thread to argue about the importance of voting. Something that noone actually disagrees with.

Then why haven't they voted? Ignorance, apathy, malign intent? They can claim they intend to vote in a useful manner, but until that materializes, I can't trust them.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What in the name of hell is even going on?

==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Zippedpinhead (5 votes)
B-Dubs - #190
Grizzly - #315
Stuart444 - #406 #684
Z-Beat - #675
BronsonLee - #694
Kitsunelaine - #789

Melonrabbit (2 votes)
saenima - #679
SaucyKaz - #817

*Splinter (2 votes)
Melonrabbit - #498
LuxCommander - #663

Godfather (2 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #359 #437
Stuart444 - #766
Muffin - #842

B-Dubs (2 votes)
Hecht - #206
flatearthpandas - #293

saenima (1 votes)
Kalor - #662

StanleyPalmtree (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #181

Muffin (1 votes)
Godfather - #589

Grizzly (1 votes)
*Splinter - #750

Z-Beat (1 votes)
Aeleus - #677

Hecht (0 votes)
Stuart444 - #217 #406

Kalor (0 votes)
Muffin - #728 #842

Kopite (0 votes)
Grizzly - #194 #273

Stuart444 (0 votes)
Godfather - #140 #589

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #437 #789

Aeleus (0 votes)
Aeleus - #112 #161

Post Counts:
Stuart444: 79 Grizzly: 66 Fat4all: 60 Godfather: 59 B-Dubs: 52 Hecht: 45 BronsonLee: 42 saenima: 39 Girlofgotham: 34 Kitsunelaine: 31 Zippedpinhead: 30 Z-Beat: 29 Muffin: 25 *Splinter: 23 SaucyKaz: 21 Kalor: 20 weemadarthur: 18 WhySoDevious: 18 Kopite: 17 flatearthpandas: 15 Aeleus: 14 LuxCommander: 10 StanleyPalmtree: 8 Melonrabbit: 6

Current Countdown:
asktlsvue7

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, there's still over 23 hours left. Chill out.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So who's on your not-voted-yet-cant-trust-them scum list?

You concern me a fair amount. Been fairly active without committing to anything so far. Reads as dodging accountability which is scummy. Stanley also concerns me a lot. Kopite I haven't looked into much. Stuart, of course. I don't think he's actually a bad player. There's also a high activity poster concernming me most of all, but I'm going to wait and see what happens there for a bit.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
You concern me a fair amount. Been fairly active without committing to anything so far. Reads as dodging accountability which is scummy. Stanley also concerns me a lot. Kopite I haven't looked into much. Stuart, of course. I don't think he's actually a bad player. There's also a high activity poster concernming me most of all, but I'm going to wait and see what happens there for a bit.

Isn't your vote still on Muffin?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Off to my train, puppy class, and a bunch of other shit. StanleyPalmtree Stanley, buddy, I know you're on a different schedule, but I'd like to see something solid from you still this phase. Same for Grizzly. You don't seem as productive as I'm used to.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't really say i have very strong reads either way, but here's a few scattered thoughts:

- This Godfather rail against lagging voters is just weird. They're making a point that pretty much everyone agrees with, but they're making it really hard. I don't know if it's just a miscommunication thing or if there's anything more to it.

- Zippedpinhead has been talked about a lot. I'm ok with a lynch here if nothing else of note surfaces. I do hope we get more juicy leads before the first D1 ends, but at least it's something.

- I'm hoping to hear some more thoughts from some our more experienced players. I don't have much context for how D1 usually goes, but today feels pretty slim on anything really. But maybe that's just normal.

- i don't think i even lean town on anyone right now. Just not enough there. Just a lot of mechanics talk and a a couple of weird tangents. And yes, i realize i'm also part of the mechanics talk. So i'm not judging :P

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
yup. He's not in the non-voter list though. He's just scummy cause history of scum voting for me early game for no particularly good reason. See also, Stuart.

So first it's because of him not voting and now it's because he's voting for you and has a history of doing that (aka meta). Yeah, sure.

And honestly considering how you've completely mischaracterized our arguments against what you've been saying as if you're being deliberately obtuse. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to vote for you.

It's a lot of noise that amounts to

everyone else: We don't need to vote right this now
You: WHY DO YOU NOT WANT PEOPLE TO VOTE TODAY?

repeat ad nauseam.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I can't really say i have very strong reads either way, but here's a few scattered thoughts:

- This Godfather rail against lagging voters is just weird. They're making a point that pretty much everyone agrees with, but they're making it really hard. I don't know if it's just a miscommunication thing or if there's anything more to it.

- Zippedpinhead has been talked about a lot. I'm ok with a lynch here if nothing else of note surfaces. I do hope we get more juicy leads before the first D1 ends, but at least it's something.

- I'm hoping to hear some more thoughts from some our more experienced players. I don't have much context for how D1 usually goes, but today feels pretty slim on anything really. But maybe that's just normal.

- i don't think i even lean town on anyone right now. Just not enough there. Just a lot of mechanics talk and a a couple of weird tangents. And yes, i realize i'm also part of the mechanics talk. So i'm not judging :P
D1 is generally slim pickings. No one's flipped yet so we don't have any real information, unless people want to claim.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously you only claim when there's 5 minutes left of the day and there's no time to react.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
aight so theories of mine:

Godfather either knows what Zipp's role is or has a good idea
Godfather keeps calling early votes for a specific reason, so he either wants to drop the house on Zipp or, (I'm assuming votes change a lot over the day), to deflect since it's early enough that some shit will pop off

Both of these make me go HYPERTHINK

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I believe Godfather's saying that they won't be active for much longer and as people aren't putting votes down it's much harder for them to make/discuss reads, evidence below:

While I understand that people are getting irritated at the overt aggressiveness, if it helps Godfather make actual posts, why not vote? Don't see how keeping that stuff to yourself helps anyone or why you'd be against putting out a vote.