• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I've played with Godfather before, and while I think he's being a bit more insane than usual, here's the rationale:

Votes put pressure on people. Players tend to react a little differently when they have a few votes on them. The reason why he wants votes early isn't so that the FINAL vote is set in stone early, it's to put pressure on people to see how they react. Votes can always change, it's just a matter of having a preliminary vote out to push discussion forward. Doing that at the end of the day doesn't allow for that discussion as much.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
aight so theories of mine:

Godfather either knows what Zipp's role is or has a good idea
Godfather keeps calling early votes for a specific reason, so he either wants to drop the house on Zipp or, (I'm assuming votes change a lot over the day), to deflect since it's early enough that some shit will pop off

Both of these make me go HYPERTHINK
There's also the option where both are scum, but Zipp has a power role and Godfather doesn't. So Godfather might be trying to draw the heat off Zipp so they don't lose an extra NK.

There's also the chance both are just being dumb and Godfather is playing it all straight.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I believe Godfather's saying that they won't be active for much longer and as people aren't putting votes down it's much harder for them to make/discuss reads, evidence below:

While I understand that people are getting irritated at the overt aggressiveness, if it helps Godfather make actual posts, why not vote? Don't see how keeping that stuff to yourself helps anyone or why you'd be against putting out a vote.

Nah, I'd be this way regardless of my own schedule, but your point stands regardless. There's no reason NOT to vote.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
There's also the option where both are scum, but Zipp has a power role and Godfather doesn't. So Godfather might be trying to draw the heat off Zipp so they don't lose an extra NK.

There's also the chance both are just being dumb and Godfather is playing it all straight.

I thought about that first bit, but if a scum power role has that kind of flaw to it, it was always gonna get laid out eventually

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I've played with Godfather before, and while I think he's being a bit more insane than usual, here's the rationale:

Votes put pressure on people. Players tend to react a little differently when they have a few votes on them. The reason why he wants votes early isn't so that the FINAL vote is set in stone early, it's to put pressure on people to see how they react. Votes can always change, it's just a matter of having a preliminary vote out to push discussion forward. Doing that at the end of the day doesn't allow for that discussion as much.
Dammit, bottom of the page ^

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I thought about that first bit, but if a scum power role has that kind of flaw to it, it was always gonna get laid out eventually
No, I mean Zipp is being dumb and GF is trying to protect him because the former has a PR.

Personally, I think Zipp is just being dumb and GF wants to contribute before they're gone for the day.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe Godfather's saying that they won't be active for much longer and as people aren't putting votes down it's much harder for them to make/discuss reads, evidence below:

Assuming goodwill on Godfather's part, i get the frustration, but i also don't think it's fair or productive to make demands of people's availability or playstyle so aggressively. On day 1. Especially when it's due to something on Godfather's side. By this token, other posters could be demanding for Godfather to be here for day end as well. This helps no one.

There's also the flipside to this. Godfather could be pushing this for unknown reasons.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, I mean Zipp is being dumb and GF is trying to protect him because the former has a PR.

Personally, I think Zipp is just being dumb and GF wants to contribute before they're gone for the day.
You already arrived at the answer, but never in a million years would I expose myself to protect zipped. As soon as I flipped scum you'd be back on zipped, assuming a vig doesn't just pop him N1 anyway.

Just to be clear, I don't think lynching zipped is a bad idea. I think the bad idea is bandwagoning onto him instead of spreading our votes.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Btw scum team is

B-Dubs
saenima
Muffin
weemadarthur
flatearthpandas
+
*Splinter (because you can never be too sure)

(depending on if neutrals are in play. I'm assuming somewhere between 5-7 non-town here)

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Oops, didn't mean to do that.

I typed that Lux vote out earlier, but changed my mind on it because yaawwwwwwnnn

VOTE: Grizzly

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, not again. You were already on Grizz

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Of the new players, devious gives me worse vibes than Saenima. I think Bronson is town. Surprised saenima and aeleus are defending me st all with no previous history. Worried they're angling for town credit since they'd know I'm not scum.

I'm waiting for grizzly to post more as I mentioned recently.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know whether or not to be surprised that Zippedpinhead has all these votes. Was this the plan Zippedpinhead?
The plan was to generate some noise, be silly, have fun and get some information.

Usually I'm all hung up on mechanics on day 1, to the extreme of all else. This time I'm just having fun with the mechanic and misremembered one tiny thing within the first 100 posts of the game, and all these votes.

These votes are tough, but it does generate content and things for us all to read and talk about!

move: yellow room

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, if his list is even semi-accurate, it follows that zipped is not scum, so that's something.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw scum team is

B-Dubs
saenima
Muffin
weemadarthur
flatearthpandas
+
*Splinter (because you can never be too sure)

(depending on if neutrals are in play. I'm assuming somewhere between 5-7 non-town here)

Anything there to elaborate on? Or is it all just gutfeels? #gutfeels

gutfeels are fine I'm just making sure