• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Alright, seems as if Melon being inactive likely wasn't intended with the replacement being called in, so it's probably fair to give another player a shot at it

UNVOTE

but now I'm not so sure who to vote for, I'll have to give it a think

A Zipped vote wouldn't be the worst idea, just to get any uncertainty out of the way, but I do buy the excuse of just fishing for reactions.

Then again, it wasn't particularly well done, which might've been by design, to skate by slightly on the gimmick.

I'll look over some other posters before I go to bed.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably end up going for Zipped or Godfather today. I don't like the way GF went about things earlier regardless of if harping on about votes is normal for him or not. It created a lot of noise and not much else.

I'll wait and see Zipped's response to my last post before I put down a vote.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I should probably add that I don't see myself voting Godfather today. I don't like the way he played but I'm not confident enough to lynch him for it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Godfather I don't have a strong read on as well. Like I said earlier I don't think the vote pressure was inherently weird (well, besides the anti-bad comment), and from what I've heard it's not exactly out of their wheelhouse.

Godfather also said they likely wouldn't be around for the end of the day, so while I can see people going for them over the vote pressure, them not being around to fight back wouldn't get us a lot of back and forth to look at later.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
That said, Zipped has basically dropped out of the thread for the most part once the discussion shifted from him.
Zippedpinhead got any thoughts just now? That doesn't involve discussion over which room we should all go for.
I am in CST, I last posted when I left work, then it's cool dinner, get the kiddos to bed and sleep. Nothing nefarious grizzly, just normal life.

I think y'all are reading a bit much into godfather based on their interactions with me. Strip away godfather's interaction with me (I.e. assume that I'm town and we aren't both scum trying to protect one another) and do you still think they are scum?

Scum protecting scum is a terrible day 1 play and only leads to heartache. The times I have played scum day 1 is each their own and appear as town as possible.

I need to reread godfather's posts myself, this is just from what I can remember in my just woken up state.

move: purple room

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Zippedpinhead what do you think of Grizzly?
Previous post on Grizzly was that I get a scum vibe. This is because I know my alignment and Grizzly drilled down immensely on an honest mistake of mine at the start of the day. Felt to me like scum trying to take advantage and drum up support to get an easy lynch.

Now lately (i.e since yesterday when I last posted) I need to reread. I'm not planning on voting until the last couple of hours.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Since I've seen the two floated, mostly due to them being more prominent, I'll say that I have no intention of voting for Zipped or Godfather today and think both are awful lynches. Not sure who I'll go with yet.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So the most memorable thing I remember from before joining is zipped switching his room vote every post,

Is zipped known for doing stuff like that without apparent reason?

I thought he may be a role who is restricted to make him likely to satisfy being affected by a room, obviously he isn't allowed to tell us if that is the case

Purple Room - "Unincisiveness will be punished."
Grey Room - "Uncertainty will be punished."

Those rooms sound to me like if they could punish the player who switches his vote the most the previous phase

Makes me think he can be neutral or some weird town negative utility.

Or he is just playing on D1

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
So the dark room is still well in the lead, i maintain that using it now is a massive bloody waste and will probably just shit up the thread tommorrow but hey yous do you.

Move: Purple Room
if only because its in 2nd right now.

slightly miffed that splints didnt even respond to my weak ass vote, not surprised but still.
ice cold.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Stu is interacting with everything, but most of it feels pretty formulaic, I think town stu isn't like this, feels like scum busywork

I think "the eyes" references the scum team, and I buy into the glass wall being a one way mirror. So I think "the eyes will look" modifier could increase scum's perception, while the backs to the wall one could nerf it

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Vote tool is down i guess?

bummer, i have zero idea who i actually want to lynch.

Zipped is neat enough i guess but in a real boring way.
Godfather could be fun given that whole protecting Zipped idea, but really i think i read his indignant attitude as too genuine to really buy it as part of a scheme like that.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Stu is interacting with everything, but most of it feels pretty formulaic, I think town stu isn't like this, feels like scum busywork

I always act like this. I think I've even been shot at once because I interact with everything and thus it's harder to link me to possible scum.

besides it's D1 and I get into these games. When there isn't much going on, I just poke people and see what happens.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
So the most memorable thing I remember from before joining is zipped switching his room vote every post,

Is zipped known for doing stuff like that without apparent reason?

I thought he may be a role who is restricted to make him likely to satisfy being affected by a room, obviously he isn't allowed to tell us if that is the case

Purple Room - "Unincisiveness will be punished."
Grey Room - "Uncertainty will be punished."

Those rooms sound to me like if they could punish the player who switches his vote the most the previous phase

Makes me think he can be neutral or some weird town negative utility.

Or he is just playing on D1
He hasn't done it every time, personally think it's a wierd joke rather than some kind of neutral role

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll try and make a proper reads list before day end but my current stance on a couple of the hot topics:

I think godfathers earlier stance was NAI, I hope they wouldn't use abuse a stance they believe would improve this community in order to seem more towny but I don't know their style. They've made some ok reads but seem to be taking a lets wait and see aproach to making pushes (the high poster mention stuck out to me) which I'm not a big fan of, I know they won't be around much but I hope to see them at least touch on that before day end.

I can't get a good view on Zipped as they spent most of the phase engaging in a joke, regardless of my inability to read him I think enough people have given their opinions on him to be a good info lynch, while before it seemed like a snowball scenario. Seeing how he quickly fell off the map during the melon and votes discussion is interesting, but trying to guess whether that's a coincidence, whether scum was trying to get people off him or whether scum wanted him to seem more suspicious (which is where I'm at currently) is just WIFOM right now (is that the right terminology? Correct me if I'm wrong).

Grizzly, Stuart and Z-Beat were some of my earliest scum reads, this stance has softened on Stuart over time (mainly as I don't think he and Grizzly are scum together) but Grizzly I still lean scum on, didn't like how it felt like he was quickly setting himself up for a town leader role and some of his posts have stuck out as odd (especially the whole 'Zipped lie' fiasco), I think his grievances about monopoly are genuine but is ultimately NAI.

Without a doubt Z-Beat is still my largest scum read, I think it's interesting that he's being ignored by the majority but I'm worrying I'm getting into tunneling territory so I'd like to hear some opinions on him, if only to stop me from going off the rails.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I don't feel Zipped is the best lynch for D1.

VOTE: LuxCommander

A very lazy vote on Melonrabbit, and fits the profile of a scum coaster who keeps tabs on the game, while trying their best to not make any actual stances. A potential player who can coast until late-game with no concequence, someone I'd rather see lynched today.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Other Melonrabbit voter I don't feel good about (and fits that said scum profile) is SauzyKaz.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017

A very lazy vote on Melonrabbit, and fits the profile of a scum coaster who keeps tabs on the game, while trying their best to not make any actual stances. A potential player who can coast until late-game with no concequence, someone I'd rather see lynched today.
What makes you think Lux is keeping tabs on the game?

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
My fluff posts are just me in general tbh

Do note that most of my stuff was focusing on the mirror room aspect until we sorted all that out, then we all got sucked into the Godfather Whirlwind o'doom

I'm also softening on my Zipped vote tbh but not enough to unvote yet

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just jumping in briefly to say my high post count user that i was suspicious of was grizzly, but I wanted to see how he'd chime in about the vote pushes. He came back sounding like town grizzly to me. Scum grizzly could easily have pushed for a vote against me.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017

Fuk it this one sounds neat
Imma sleep now, will make sure im here by day end to see how things pan out, probably.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Splinter this post:

Looks like not too much happened while I was gone. How unfortunate.

Sure thing friend!

I'm actually feeling pretty good about Hecht and Godfather. Both of them are doing a good job of putting some pressure on town to start speaking up, same as you Splinter.

Melonrabbit's silence is extremely uncomfortable, three votes on her and only 6 posts. Again, I'm not one to talk, seeing as I'm now one away from the bottom of the pile. But at least I checked in with a heads up on going dark for an extended period of time. We may have a good amount of time left on the clock, but we should still be taking advantage of it to try to build data sets to prod. It's very uncharacteristic of her as well, so with that...

VOTE: melonrabbit

Where are you at?

The vibe of this post in general doesn't give me feelings of an inactive/busy town like Melon's post did. Sure, this post doe reference that Lux had to go out for a while, but it doesn't sit eight for me.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Other Melonrabbit voter I don't feel good about (and fits that said scum profile) is SauzyKaz.
Why Kaz
Splinter this post:

The vibe of this post in general doesn't give me feelings of an inactive/busy town like Melon's post did. Sure, this post doe reference that Lux had to go out for a while, but it doesn't sit eight for me.
Which melon post gave you "feelings of an inactive/busy town".

Lux said he couldn't post due to work. Are you calling him a liar?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like this more than the train against melon or zipped.

vote: luxcommander

Gives us a nice three way fight for lynch.

I should be around a bit today. Called out sick cause I've had a nasty cold.

Kopite is another I'm worried about today. Kopite you'renbarely registeringnas a player in my mind which isn't great. I'll look at your posts once I get out of bed.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
It's annoying how the post reply box remembers stuff that I deleted. I abandoned that "why Kaz" post a while ago.

But I guess you can answer it anyway. Why Kaz over Fat4all (who also voted melon)?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Without a doubt Z-Beat is still my largest scum read, I think it's interesting that he's being ignored by the majority but I'm worrying I'm getting into tunneling territory so I'd like to hear some opinions on him, if only to stop me from going off the rails.

Why do you scum read him? Sorry if you've already said, my brain is dead atm.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
While Lux' post cleqrly shows he has had time to read the thread and form opinions of stuff.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
This post had Melon not really chiming in on anything, just responding to things that quoted her.
While Lux' post cleqrly shows he has had time to read the thread and form opinions of stuff.
Melon said nothing about being away, Lux did. So this feels weird to me.

Also I usually give people a pass when they state irl reasons because hey, life happens.