• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Kopite is another I'm worried about today. @Kopite you'renbarely registeringnas a player in my mind which isn't great. I'll look at your posts once I get out of bed.

tbh, until their last post recently, I forgot they were in the game. Sorry Kopite :/

It's annoying how the post reply box remembers stuff that I deleted. I abandoned that "why Kaz" post a while ago.

But I guess you can answer it anyway. Why Kaz over Fat4all (who also voted melon)?

You can delete drafts (save disc icon at the top right of the reply box)

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Lux is lying about hvaing less time to posy. But I do think he has read the thread and has had time to form some stances - so that gives me pause.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's annoying how the post reply box remembers stuff that I deleted. I abandoned that "why Kaz" post a while ago.

But I guess you can answer it anyway. Why Kaz over Fat4all (who also voted melon)?

That reply thing has gotten me a few times. Sucks cause it's often out of date opinions.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on mobile so I don't have good way of reaching Kaz' posts easily. But that's another lead worth pursuing imo.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The only time I played with lux he was killed on n1 so I wanted to keep him :p but melonme has 3 votes so I would be ok with lunching him instead of me. Bear I don't know how I feel about right now. He called the votes for melon lazy so that is good but he also knows how to defend town as scum I suppose

Of those I would lunch Lux>Bear>Zipped

Kalor do you keep your gutread/vote of saenima by this point?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
If Melon was still around, I'd probably be linking her and Grizzly due to his defense of melon. But Turmoil's few posts have been pretty towney feeling.

I still think Grizzly is reaching though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The only time I played with lux he was killed on n1 so I wanted to keep him :p but melonme has 3 votes so I would be ok with lunching him instead of me. Bear I don't know how I feel about right now. He called the votes for melon lazy so that is good but he also knows how to defend town as scum I suppose

Of those I would lunch Lux>Bear>Zipped

Kalor do you keep your gutread/vote of saenima by this point?

No. At least not enough to vote for them today.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I'm looking back at SaucyKaz, there really isn't much there.

I really dislike D1s. It's just so manufactured. Skulduggery has yet to occur.

A post about D1 feeling manufactured

I don't think Zippedpinhead's swapping is anything but having some fun. A little risky given how trigger happy a lot of people are here, but harmless as long as the end vote is thought out I guess. Despite being mostly in the dark I think we can glean enough about some of the rooms to make somewhat safe decisions early.

Quick comment about Zipped. And a small comment on the rooms

Yeah I'm going to put my vote down today. Still shooting for the low posters, knowing I'm among them.

I'm thinking to myself about the possible mechanics because apparently talking about it is a good way to catch a bullet around here. I'm thinking about the map layout in particular.

A pretty self aware comment here.

After some shit posting and voting Melon.

Godfather I trusted your post and I looked like a goofball. Thanks a lot.

He gets 'confused' over the convo with Godfather and ends with this weird af comment.

and not much else after that.

Overall, I don't feel great about him.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
saenima BronsonLee WhySoDevious Aeleus

Since you're all new to Mafia, I'd like each of you to tell me what you think of the other 3 so far.

saenima... I'm leaning on town for him. He had the usual town mechanics talk in the beginning, but one of his earliest post mentions saving shields for later in the game. It's something that a townie new to the game would think.

BronsonLee... I don't think I've ever heard anyone say teal is their favorite color. This was a first. Highly suspect! He then quick;y changed his mind and said he wanted to be logical, but after people were questioning why take an apparently good room so early in the game. I'm leaning scum for him.

Aeleus...They also talk a lot of about room mechanics. They did go for the yellow room early on (a beneficial-sounding one) and then changed their vote along with others. They suspect me as being scum, which I feel I have given no indication of, so that makes me lean on scum for them.

I mentioned that zipped's moving around was probably a game mechanic to that would serve as a starting point for discussion on day one, but having gone through some of the posts, I've changed my mind.

The room colors are obviously the starting point of the discussion, and talk about mechanics is obviously gonna happen, for both sides, so just saying "he talks a lot about mechanics" is no reason to suspect someone as scum, but I just can't see how it is logical to go for the good rooms first if you're town.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I can behind Kaz vote as well as Lux one.

VOTE: SauzyKaz

That was an awfully quick switch to Kaz. I know you mentioned him at the same time as Lux but it just looks like you're willing to switch to wherever the potential momentum is right now, rather than sticking to your guns.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
That was an awfully quick switch to Kaz. I know you mentioned him at the same time as Lux but it just looks like you're willing to switch to wherever the potential momentum is right now, rather than sticking to your guns.

Lux has push now, and so does Kaz. I want both to get heat, better for both to habe two votes than 3v1

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Just jumping in briefly to say my high post count user that i was suspicious of was grizzly, but I wanted to see how he'd chime in about the vote pushes. He came back sounding like town grizzly to me. Scum grizzly could easily have pushed for a vote against me.
This sounds like awfully close to a pocket attempt to me, and sounded that way to me before reading the posts below.

Kopite is another I'm worried about today. Kopite you'renbarely registeringnas a player in my mind which isn't great. I'll look at your posts once I get out of bed.
Serious question, does anyone have any opinion of kopite so far?
Any reason you're suddenly worried about me? Seems a little suspect after my last post mentioned you.
I'm not happy with Godfather's slight tangent earlier as well. I think it was to deflect the heat off his possible scum buddy Zipped who I was happy to lynch anyway so I'll put my vote there for now

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Cool, I was wondering when that was going to happen. Yes, I have been reading the thread. No, I haven't been able to post real opinions because they would just be a line here and there that would lead to nowhere and/or leave people hanging for hours in between, which is a one-way ticket to a Day One bussing. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm just speaking on my previous experiences.

Anyways, let's see what we got here...

Welcome aboard Turmoil! No worries, I'm changing my vote now.

Looking at our current leading candidates, I can't say I'm particularly thrilled with any of them. I do wonder where flatearthpandas is, because he is usually more active than he has been this game. I would shift that way if there was interest. Until then though, I guess it's gotta be Kaz.

VOTE: SaucyKaz

Going dark again for about an hour, I'll be back ASAP. Dropping off a guitar to the shop.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The other person was me. I already forgot who I was pointing at, but then I'm #notadoctor

This is a bizarrely assured read on someone who's never played before.
Thanks for telling me! Now I no longer have a slight town read on you.
And this recent push for killing noobs is frustrating, you know nooby behavior is often misread as scummy, especially by scum on day one because it's easy

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any thoughts or reads Z-Beat?

A few.

Zipped's play probably is nonsense or an ulterior motive and I doubt I'm gonna get much more info on that despite having a vote on him so I might have to consider going elsewhere with it.

I jumped back in on the tail end of this saucy/kaz thing so I'll need to read up more but I do think grizzly shifting gears reads a little scummy (or pure protection at the least, but if that's the case I'd prefer more honesty with that being the reason, or at least more explanation.

Give me a second to read through a bit more and I'll get back to you

Why is B dubs telling me about Bronson In General?

Why does that mean we can lynch him day 2 "without worry"?
I think he's talking about bronson's default posting style not being an indication of anything. And it's not a good justification to kill him, at all

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
vote: fat4all
Would you please give me your top 2 town/scum reads? I find your obsession with zipped being drawn out this long to be rather avoidant of playing for real.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I jumped back in on the tail end of this saucy/kaz thing so I'll need to read up more but I do think grizzly shifting gears reads a little scummy (or pure protection at the least, but if that's the case I'd prefer more honesty with that being the reason, or at least more explanation.

If I cared about pure protection, surely I would have continued to sit on Zipped, who is vote leader :P.