• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Zippedpinhead (5 votes)
B-Dubs - #190
Grizzly - #315 #1,131
Stuart444 - #406 #684
Z-Beat - #675
BronsonLee - #694
Kitsunelaine - #789
Kopite - #1,090

SaucyKaz (3 votes)
Stuart444 - #1,170
Grizzly - #1,173
LuxCommander - #1,184

LuxCommander (3 votes)
*Splinter - #924 #925
Grizzly - #1,131 #1,173
StanleyPalmtree - #1,136
Godfather - #1,140
saenima - #1,180

Grizzly (2 votes)
*Splinter - #750 #924
*Splinter - #925
Hecht - #931

*Splinter (1 votes)
Melonrabbit - #498
LuxCommander - #663 #1,003
StanleyPalmtree - #1,040 #1,136

saenima (1 votes)
Kalor - #662

B-Dubs (1 votes)
Hecht - #206 #931
flatearthpandas - #293

Z-Beat (1 votes)
Aeleus - #677

Melonrabbit (1 votes)
saenima - #679 #1,180
SaucyKaz - #817
Fat4all - #959 #1,103
LuxCommander - #1,003 #1,045
Stuart444 - #1,034 #1,082
LuxCommander - #1,045 #1,184

Fat4all (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #1,196

Godfather (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #359 #437
Stuart444 - #766 #1,034
Muffin - #842

WhySoDevious (1 votes)
Girlofgotham - #1,071

Stuart444 (1 votes)
Godfather - #140 #589
turmoil7 - #1,109

StanleyPalmtree (0 votes)
weemadarthur - #181 #980

Aeleus (0 votes)
Aeleus - #112 #161

Kopite (0 votes)
Grizzly - #194 #273

Kalor (0 votes)
Muffin - #728 #842

Muffin (0 votes)
Godfather - #589 #1,140

Hecht (0 votes)
Stuart444 - #217 #406

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #437 #789

Post Counts:
Stuart444: 132 Grizzly: 101 Fat4all: 78 Godfather: 77 Hecht: 74 B-Dubs: 68 saenima: 54 BronsonLee: 53 Kitsunelaine: 52 *Splinter: 51 Girlofgotham: 39 weemadarthur: 35 Zippedpinhead: 34 Z-Beat: 33 Muffin: 27 Kalor: 24 SaucyKaz: 23 StanleyPalmtree: 22 flatearthpandas: 22 WhySoDevious: 20 Kopite: 19 Aeleus: 17 LuxCommander: 13 Melonrabbit: 6 turmoil7: 5

Current Countdown:
asktlsvue7

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
==== DAY 1 MOVEMENT ====
Day Start

dark room (Active votes: 12)
saucykaz - #164
luxcommander - #185
hecht - #195
fat4all - #198
whysodevious - #250
flatearthpandas - #293
kalor - #318
bronsonlee - #337
z-beat - #514
grizzly - #536
girlofgotham - #541
*splinter - #545

purple room (Active votes: 6)
weemadarthur - #221
muffin - #312
godfather - #668
stuart444 - #706
aeleus - #804
stanleypalmtree - #1,125

red room (Active votes: 2)
kitsunelaine - #359
turmoil7 - #1,109

orange room (Active votes: 2)
b-dubs - #130
saenima - #494

yellow room (Active votes: 1)
zippedpinhead - #1,118

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
hmm.

LuxCommander why Kaz over Zipped? you said you don't like either candidates so why did you settle on Kaz over Zipped? And why have you not tried to start an alternate train if you don't like any of the current ones.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I'm barely conscious now.

And by that I mean, I'm off. I fully expect to come back to some EOD shit tomorrow.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Why do you scum read him? Sorry if you've already said, my brain is dead atm.
Aeulus scumread me because of the stuff with zipped, iirc
Thanks for catching this not sure how I missed it, my scum read on Z-Beat isn't based on the vote on zipped, it started quite a while before that, but it does seem quite lazy. In general I think Z-Beat, despite making a lot of posts hasn't given much of a presence, I believe this is intentional and he's trying to avoid any push back while appearing active.

I do admit that the majority of this read is based on a gut read, but I haven't seen anything which made me think I was wrong and for day 1 that's as good as I've got.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like awfully close to a pocket attempt to me, and sounded that way to me before reading the posts below.

Any reason you're suddenly worried about me? Seems a little suspect after my last post mentioned you.

Sorry, zipped and I being in cahoots makes so little sense that It's not worth refuting. As for suddenly, that's just wrong. I've stated since the beginning my agenda against inactive players, and players who weren't voting. You're being awfully defensive considering I hadn't actually voted for you, which seems even scummier.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for catching this not sure how I missed it, my scum read on Z-Beat isn't based on the vote on zipped, it started quite a while before that, but it does seem quite lazy. In general I think Z-Beat, despite making a lot of posts hasn't given much of a presence, I believe this is intentional and he's trying to avoid any push back while appearing active.

I do admit that the majority of this read is based on a gut read, but I haven't seen anything which made me think I was wrong and for day 1 that's as good as I've got.
A lot of that was because I saw the room choice as a good opportunity to figure out what someone's game plan is and if it makes sense from a town standpoint

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
VOTE: Zippedpinhead

There are 2 or 3 people voting for zipped that I'm pretty sure are not scum, so I'll join them in this vote.

There were two people before him that went for the good rooms as a first move and then changed their votes after zipped was accused of this, but I'll just keep an eye on them for now.

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
hmm.

LuxCommander why Kaz over Zipped? you said you don't like either candidates so why did you settle on Kaz over Zipped? And why have you not tried to start an alternate train if you don't like any of the current ones.

Mostly because I didn't have time to make a case and because starting a train with as few posts as I have usually doesn't go anywhere. Sure, I could call out flatearthpandas like I just did and threaten to swap votes if he doesn't get back out here, but something tells me I wouldn't get a lot of eyes towards my cause.

And I don't blame anyone for that, I've been too quiet too long this game. I get it.

As for Kaz over Zipped, it's because Day 1 Zipped seems pretty consistent with how Zipped plays on Day 1. Should be suspicious? Absolutely. But it's Day 1, I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: Zippedpinhead

There are 2 or 3 people voting for zipped that I'm pretty sure are not scum, so I'll join them in this vote.

There were two people before him that went for the good rooms as a first move and then changed their votes after zipped was accused of this, but I'll just keep an eye on them for now.
Who are those 2 or 3 you trust on the Zipped vote?
And which ones voting for zipped might be scum?
And who are the room movers you don't like the look of?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No real opinion on Kaz. He's more active than Lux. He's the only vote left on Melon/Turmoil, which is an issue. He voted very early for Dark Room, and hasn't wavered there, but so did Lux. Lux is voting Kaz, which is interesting. Other than a last minute swap to zippedpinhead, he can't abuse a vote switch at the end, and that will bring enormous scrutiny depending on how zipped flips.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't gauge much about alignments on people's votes on rooms today, given that we have so far no idea how they will work.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
for whoever thought my teal room vote was weird, teal is my favorite color because it reminds me of the ocean and my home
once I took a true peek at the rooms I pulled back on dat

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
1. B-Dubs and and Z-Beat I'm leaning towards town. I'll join them on this vote.
2. Already said that I'm leaning BronsonLee as scum
3. Stuart and Aelus picked out good rooms to begin with... then zipped picked... but after B-Dubs accused zipped, they changed their rooms to something else.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Lux's last post makes me feel slightly better about him, personally. Girlofgotham's last post made me go check all of her other posts. There just isn't much. She comments on me and zipped the most, but is still relatively non-committal. She cools off on me, eventually, but it just feels like a push she gave up on because not enough people were biting. Otherwise, all she does is question other people's reads without posting any herself. Give me a sec and I'll post the highlights.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I wouldn't gauge much about alignments on people's votes on rooms today, given that we have so far no idea how they will work.
I only know some of the people here by name... so I gotta go with something that makes sense to me... and initial room picks are a good starting point.

I'll see what happens tonight and go from there. Still plenty of time to course correct if I'm wrong.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
So Lux's last post makes me feel slightly better about him, personally. Girlofgotham's last post made me go check all of her other posts. There just isn't much. She comments on me and zipped the most, but is still relatively non-committal. She cools off on me, eventually, but it just feels like a push she gave up on because not enough people were biting. Otherwise, all she does is question other people's reads without posting any herself. Give me a sec and I'll post the highlights.
I "gave up" because I went to bed.

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, I could call out @flatearthpandas like I just did and threaten to swap votes if he doesn't get back out here, but something tells me I wouldn't get a lot of eyes towards my cause.
Uh, go for it? Swap votes.
Looks like misdirection to me, but I fail to see your endgame to be honest. I feel like I've said my piece overall, just haven't gotten around to looking into your train yet.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. At the moment anyway. Seems like Zipped is just messing. Doesn't necessarily seem like a scum tell. Plus it would be ballsy to do this right out of the gate
Zipped, who is looking most suspicious to you right now? Let's see you talk about people rather than rooms.
Where has this starting point taken you so far? What info have you gleaned from all the Zipped chat?
Who would fall under that category?

Lots of questions without giving anything out herself so far.
I'm curious as to why you're throwing out a gut vote but also criticising a other gut vote.

Also your defence of Saenima is that they asked someone a question?

Questioning other people's votes when she doesn't have one out herself. It's really easy to criticize others when you won't take a stand yourself.

You still haven't elaborated on your gut read.

And no I wasn't referring to Stuart's vote. I was talking about Kalor's. I'm not suggesting you hide anything, I'm simply questioning you further.

I'm just intrigued that you threw out a gut vote (with no reason as to why you're feeling this) and your defence of someone else was simply that newbie scum wouldn't ask questions. Seems like quite an assumption to make. In both cases really.
Do you have examples of some of these posts?
Can you see what stance Zipped has taken? Since you're putting them next to each other?
Kalor did you get round to answering this yet or did I miss it?

Bunch more questions without taking any real stance so far.

I'm going to agree here - I don't think not having a vote down less than 24 hours into day 1 is bad play.
Not quoting the entire series of posts with me, but a lot of her activity was this filler.

So who's on your not-voted-yet-cant-trust-them scum list?
Isn't your vote still on Muffin?

More questions.

vote: WhySoSerious

They've been mostly focused on talking about mechanics and when I gave them the opportunity to talk about people, they avoided it and said they didn't want to single anyone out.

At the moment this could just be a nervous new townie or newbie scum keeping their head down. This is exactly how I played Cluedo as newbie scum. I stayed mostly quiet and if anyone asked me anything, I either stayed vague or repeated what someone I knew to be town was saying.

I'm open to change this if Serious starts giving answers and offering opinions on other players.

Finally does vote, so that's a plus. Bolded part for laughs, cause that seems a LOT like how she's playing right now as well. Even with the vote, it's super soft and she's leaving herself a way to back off. On the other hand, I don't think anyone had gone for devious in a serious manner yet, so she had easier targets to sheep onto, and didn't.
I've calmed down on the Godfather issue and it's either one of 2 things:

He had to leave and was trying to get as many votes to work off of as he could. This still reeks of selfishness because we can't just write off the rest of the day because godfather isn't going to be here. Isn't necessarily a scum move though.

Or, he's scum and was trying to push people into panic voting, knowing that they'd switch around once they'd formed actual opinions and he could jump on this switching.

I haven't played with godfather before, I don't know how typical this behaviour is but not listening to what people are saying and just yelling "Why do you all hate voting" is not productive.

And following up on his Muffin vote after a scum list that did not include Muffin also does not look good.

I'm not going to vote for godfather right now, especially since he isn't here to defend himself (and I want to hear from Serious). But I'm going to be watching this attitude for the rest of the game.

Leaving herself an opportunity to vote for me if it picks up steam. lol @ watching my attitude. I feel like watching is all she'll be doing the entire game if we let her.

and back to questions.

TL;DR: tons of activity that amounts to very little.

Vote: girlofgotham

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
1. B-Dubs and and Z-Beat I'm leaning towards town. I'll join them on this vote.
2. Already said that I'm leaning BronsonLee as scum
3. Stuart and Aelus picked out good rooms to begin with... then zipped picked... but after B-Dubs accused zipped, they changed their rooms to something else.
Could you explain why you're reading b-bubs and z-beat as town and I think I missed you saying Bronson was scum. Could you elaborate please?

I'm a bit tangled on the Stuart and Aelus thing. I'm going to need to go back and read that. Zipped changed so many times that I've struggled to relate other people's room votes to theirs

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of questions without giving anything out herself so far.

Questioning other people's votes when she doesn't have one out herself. It's really easy to criticize others when you won't take a stand yourself.

Bunch more questions without taking any real stance so far.

Not quoting the entire series of posts with me, but a lot of her activity was this filler.

More questions.

Finally does vote, so that's a plus. Bolded part for laughs, cause that seems a LOT like how she's playing right now as well. Even with the vote, it's super soft and she's leaving herself a way to back off. On the other hand, I don't think anyone had gone for devious in a serious manner yet, so she had easier targets to sheep onto, and didn't.

Leaving herself an opportunity to vote for me if it picks up steam. lol @ watching my attitude. I feel like watching is all she'll be doing the entire game if we let her.

and back to questions.

TL;DR: tons of activity that amounts to very little.

Vote: girlofgotham
Questions is how I get information from people. It's D1. How else am I going to form opinions if I don't interact with people? You push people with votes, I push them with questions.

And my nonsense with you wasn't filler. You know that. I learned plenty about you in that exchange.

Also apparently I'm not meant to question votes until I've made one myself? It would be a very quiet game if everyone had to wait for votes before they could question people's actions.

I think you're pissed that I called you out. This feels a bit like an OMGUS vote.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I think only WhySoDevious and Zippedpinhead haven't voted yet.
And Kopite is a latecomer to the zipped bandwagon. Bleh.

Zippedpinhead You need to place a lynch vote.

I don't NEED to, you just want me to. But I already said and I quote:
Now lately (i.e since yesterday when I last posted) I need to reread. I'm not planning on voting until the last couple of hours.

I wasn't planning on voting until the timer was within 5 hours, because I need to reread more time to reread. If I am voting to save my life its lux over Kaz. If I am voting with confidence I need to finish this reread.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Could you explain why you're reading b-bubs and z-beat as town and I think I missed you saying Bronson was scum. Could you elaborate please?

I'm a bit tangled on the Stuart and Aelus thing. I'm going to need to go back and read that. Zipped changed so many times that I've struggled to relate other people's room votes to theirs
Okay, I'm new to the game, and I'm still learning. The closest thing I can compare it to is Survivor, which I love and I've watched for almost a decade now. In that game, people tend not to open their mouths too much in front of people because it invariably comes back to bite them in the ass.

I understood your vote for me and it made me think you're probably town... that's why I tried to open up a bit more. But now I feel like you're trying to bait me into making an unforced error, which makes me change my mind about you.

I dunno yet.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm new to the game, and I'm still learning. The closest thing I can compare it to is Survivor, which I love and I've watched for almost a decade now. In that game, people tend not to open their mouths too much in front of people because it invariably comes back to bite them in the ass.

I understood your vote for me and it made me think you're probably town... that's why I tried to open up a bit more. But now I feel like you're trying to bait me into making an unforced error, which makes me change my mind about you.

I dunno yet.
I'm not trying to catch you out. I was asking questions to understand where you're coming from.

Hence me also saying that I need to reread the room swapping. You have clearly kept up with that better than I have.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Questions is how I get information from people. It's D1. How else am I going to form opinions if I don't interact with people? You push people with votes, I push them with questions.

And my nonsense with you wasn't filler. You know that. I learned plenty about you in that exchange.

Also apparently I'm not meant to question votes until I've made one myself? It would be a very quiet game if everyone had to wait for votes before they could question people's actions.

I think you're pissed that I called you out. This feels a bit like an OMGUS vote.

I'm learning about people just fine while also providing information on which to be read in return. That's what townies should be doing. And I agree it would be a very quiet game if everyone had to wait for votes. That's part of why it's a good idea to get those votes out early, so you provide your team some info to work on. We'd accomplish nothing if we all played your way.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
I'm learning about people just fine while also providing information on which to be read in return. That's what townies should be doing. And I agree it would be a very quiet game if everyone had to wait for votes. That's part of why it's a good idea to get those votes out early, so you provide your team some info to work on. We'd accomplish nothing if we all played your way.
We had the when-is-best-to-vote argument last night. I'm not having it again right now.

You've got what you want and I've voted. Use that information as you will.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So now I wait to see if girlofgotham goes defensive, or if she starts scum hunting.

Oct 26, 2017
Hm. I guess what I have to say about lux is that his attention started page 12 (100ppp). I believe started by Grizzly. But some of the reasoning is half/half for me. Announcing an absence seems like a good thing to do. As far as keeping up in the meantime... seems alright, really. Read when given the chance, but not enough to really jump in. Not sure why he wanted to call me out still. If he is expecting drunken yelling, that would almost assuredly get turn on him right now. I'm still happy with my current vote for now. Not really feeling zipped or godfather. Have no qualms about voting for new people, but no real urge to go there now.