• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That was an awfully quick switch to Kaz. I know you mentioned him at the same time as Lux but it just looks like you're willing to switch to wherever the potential momentum is right now, rather than sticking to your guns.

This is a good point; Griz, your thoughts?

So now I wait to see if girlofgotham goes defensive, or if she starts scum hunting.
Indeed. Looks like we're off to a great start.

Rolling back a bit for a moment...
Hmm

Unvote

I...dont like that for some reason

Z-Beat, could you elaborate a bit more on this?

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Good morning, everyone!

InformalDimCygnet-size_restricted.gif

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
UNVOTE

I'm sorry that Melonrabbit couldn't join us. I made my early vote on her very clear by the way. Don't know why I'm catching flak for it now. Look for scum on my train boys and girls.

The issue is now I have to vote for someone for a real reason now. Hmm.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
UNVOTE

I'm sorry that Melonrabbit couldn't join us. I made my early vote on her very clear by the way. Don't know why I'm catching flak for it now. Look for scum on my train boys and girls.

The issue is now I have to vote for someone for a real reason now. Hmm.
Kaz, nice to see you again. Who looks the most suspect of the folk voting you?

Gotta say though that Lux's vote on you looks a lot like self-preservation.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, zipped and I being in cahoots makes so little sense that It's not worth refuting. As for suddenly, that's just wrong. I've stated since the beginning my agenda against inactive players, and players who weren't voting. You're being awfully defensive considering I hadn't actually voted for you, which seems even scummier.
I'm not the first person to suggest it, so I'm calling bullshit on that being the only reason you've brought me up. You were 'suddenly' gunning for me in particular, directly after I had a scum read on you. Awfully defensive lol, that's some projection right there.

You're reminding me a lot of how another experienced scum player, Monkey behaved towards me in my last game. I pegged her as scum from how she viewed my actions, you're doing the same and I'm scum reading you.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone wanna help me pressure fat4all? I dunno that he's a strong scumread but I'd like to get some better content out of him than all his color talk and gifs from earlier. Most of what he has said about players is centered around zipped, and I think we all got that puzzle solved already.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not the first person to suggest it, so I'm calling bullshit on that being the only reason you've brought me up. You were 'suddenly' gunning for me in particular, directly after I had a scum read on you. Awfully defensive lol, that's some projection right there.

You're reminding me a lot of how another experienced scum player, Monkey behaved towards me in my last game. I pegged her as scum from how she viewed my actions, you're doing the same and I'm scum reading you.
lol, you mentioning me and zipped has NOTHING to do with me poking you. That's just you being inexperienced(I assume?) You just have to think through it and you'll see why it makes no sense for me and zipped to both be scum.

You'll notice in the meantime that I'm actually here and scumhunting, while you're still just reacting. If you're town, you need to be more proactive. You're just hurting us right now.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
So Zipped, Kaz, Lux and Grizzly are the main options being floated right now? I'm not gonna end the day as a sole vote on somebody, so I'll have to decide between those soon I guess.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So Zipped, Kaz, Lux and Grizzly are the main options being floated right now? I'm not gonna end the day as a sole vote on somebody, so I'll have to decide between those soon I guess.

If you could get anyone lynched outside of those four, would you still choose Godfather or someone else?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
If you could get anyone lynched outside of those four, would you still choose Godfather or someone else?
No, I'd stay where I am. That whole thing earlier was weird af to me and this is an instance where I can see it coming from a bad place more than the Zipped thing. Like trying to gotcha people for "discouraging" voting is making me give more side-eye than some dumb act about needing to change room votes, even if the latter is kinda more annoying.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
So can I get a good argument for my lynch other than "grizz went for an easy target"? That's something of a meta read that doesn't seem to be unfortunately going away.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Going back to my top scumread as the day end nears:
Yeah I think that's interpreting a bit too much into it. Glass room has probably something to do with interfering with actions or is something that has to do with the neutral I think.
In a game this size, there is likely a neutral, sure. Could be a couple of them. What is with THE being spoken here?
Didnt somebody else talk about glass room being possibly related to a neutral, at least I remember reading it and it making sense to me
Searched on 'glass' to see if muffin read this in the Game Thread, and uh.....all I see is ZBeat attributing it to scum, not a neutral. As seen here:
Backs to a glass wall means that whoever's on the other side can see what you're doing in private, but if we're facing the glass wall then we can see what they do. Maybe there's a scum role that allows them to function behind the glass wall, and they have to
And Muffin is right back to mixing neutrals and scum. Reads like a distraction technique from a spooked mafia member who wants to claim neutral later and coast as a survivor or sommit.
There's no logic in the former, as there's no way it actually has any real useful relation to this game

While a glass room being a neutral or scum mechanic is at least speculation that has a chance of being accurate, which is why I'm also not the only one who has suggested that
None of his other posts are helpful in scum hunting either, so all we have is defensiveness, color commentary, a lot of caring about rooms, and a suggestion that he knows more than we do and [this point is questionable] may have something to read elsewhere. Like a scum chat.

....and now he shows up begging to be told to join a bandwagon, any bandwagon, just so he doesn't stick out.

Yeah, he could be a neutral trying to pass his weirdness off on the scum team, or a scum trying to pass his weirdness off on neutrals, but none of that is town.

vote: muffin

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Zipped: Dialed down his antics a ton today
Kaz: Made a goofy gif with fireworks telling you to vote for him
Lux: Is sus
Grizzly: Is a bear

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Searched on 'glass' to see if muffin read this in the Game Thread, and uh.....all I see is ZBeat attributing it to scum, not a neutral. As seen here:
Hecht has mentioned it possibly being related to a janitor mechanic. Me having played a neutral janitor in an earlier game probably attributed it to neutral because of that *shrug*

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Zipped: Dialed down his antics a ton today
Kaz: Made a goofy gif with fireworks telling you to vote for him
Lux: Is sus
Grizzly: Is a bear
Zipped is working from home with a sick toddler, one NOT sick toddler and a VERY sick wife... so I'm here and paying attention, but by necessity have to tone it down today...

I don't like the kaz vote will only participate if it comes down to Kaz or myself. Same for Grizzly, If it comes down to Grizzly or me I'm voting Grizzly, but as the day goes on Grizzly keeps getting townier and townier.

That Leaves Lux or a single lonely vote on a random gut read.

Lux has been here but hasn't been back for a couple of hours. But they said they were busy at work yesterday. very reasonable, but I still don't really understand that melonrabbit vote

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
What makes you convinced there is one neutral in this game?
When have I said that? I speculated about it maybe being related to such a mechanic, nothing more. Not exactly different from other people who have speculated about it. I wrote the neutral at one time because I dont imagine if such speculation were true that there's more than one neutral related to the glass room mechanic.
You're stretching this further than you need to for no reason. It's about as useful as most other mechanic speculation from other posters, I haven't claimed otherwise.

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
And yes I realize that any vote of mine is going to look suspect since I just lost the person I was voting for when I got 3 votes stacked on.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning!

Godfather's constant probing and switching votes and being antagonistic based on D1 content makes me even more wary of him. To me it reads as someone looking for a target. Perhaps he doesn't like what's been offered already for whatever reason. The question is why? Some of this stuff feels like it's trying to serve as a non-obvious distraction from an obvious distraction. It doesn't pass the smell test imo. Pointing to inactive members is a great way of drawing away eyes and taking some heat off of your mates.

I think it's weird that people are dismissing Zippy's actions as less important now that we're closer to EoD. Is it just topic fatigue? Everyone's looking for a new person to vote for, and while there's nothing wrong with that, it-- it comes across as really weird to me. Like people saw the excuse that it's just probing and poking people for reactions and decided to use it as that. Taking it at face value. In a game of Mafia. Where very few things should be taken at face value.

Okay, so. There are legitimate reasons to go against Zippy and there's bandwagoning. People looking into the latter for casting suspicion are absolutely valid to do so. But we also need to examine the motivations of those that are digging deep to push for others. Largely I find it more interesting to look at the people trying to drive the game as opposed to the people trying to skate by. Therein lies the scum members that will be difficult to find when it counts.