• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Saucy if your choices were

Why pick stuart instead of opting to save yourself with a more sure thing in lux?
Trying to save myself is basically the same as damning myself with the votes on me. I would have been peachy if I didn't actually have to revote while under scrutiny. No choice is the right choice.

I don't think either of them are town.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
What contributions have you made today, Muffin ?
Why are you asking me the same thing weemadarthur asked me just a little while ago

Pretty basic stuff: I gave my opinion on Zipped who was a main issue for a while, discussed with Godfather whose arguments I took issue with and as such came to my primary scum read today. I could say I also talked about mechanics, but I wouldnt call that contribution, everybody does that.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I, uh, didnt get the impression of him being shady at all. Anything specific you're referring to?
Wasn't happy about the way he worded his room suggestions. I don't think I was the only one.
If it's no NKs, that would be good for town. One less townie dies at night.
This post feels oddly noncommittal to me. You could have just added that it would be good for town later but definitely not now. It feels like you're somewhat suggesting we go to the room now, which would be bad for town.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Even as a newbie this makes no sense to me

More candidates increase the likelihood of scum being in the group, and if scum are in the group then their team might try to push the votes away from them. So it forces them to be a bit more active with the lynch and stand out more.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
tenor.gif

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I can't stay up much longer. Scum reading godfather obviously, and I want to put my vote there but I'm afraid there won't be enough votes to lynch him today
I really want to vote Godfather, but Kits being on his back is somewhat oddly reminiscent off GoT Mafia where she was scumreading Faddy who was making grandiose posts like that too. Faddy (and Kits too) were both town and that's giving me some doubts.

@Kits, do you think maybe you're reading a little too much into Godfather's aggressiveness/methods?
You're being awfully non-comittal sitting on Zipped with only two votes right now Kopite. Is Kits being on GF really enough reason to change your mind?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just like forcing the chaos of multiple candidates. It's been my stated M.O. since early on. I doubt stuart gets lynched at this point, but that's information we can use.

No it's not. You specifically said in your read list that you voted him because he voted you and that was scummy

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm catching up on the thread right now. I doubt my vote stays where it is as i have no read whatsoever there but i'm still undecided. I might end up on zipped or godfather. None of the other semi trains feels good to me, especially the Grizzly one. I'm sideyeing the lot of that carriage.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No it's not. You specifically said in your read list that you voted him because he voted you and that was scummy
This is what I said along with the vote:

"Girlofgotham isn't going anywhere yet, and I don't particularly disagree about stuart overall. This puts us closer to some end of day chaos as well, and I don't really want kaz, or grizz to get lynched today."

It's literally right there.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
More candidates increase the likelihood of scum being in the group, and if scum are in the group then their team might try to push the votes away from them. So it forces them to be a bit more active with the lynch and stand out more.
More candidates means greater chance one of them is scum. If one of them is scum, it may force the hands of other scum to vote in a way that protects them. That means more potential information later when people flip.
Well snap

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so. It veers way too closely into forcing someone's hand into not reacting well. That reads to me as trying to make someone look like scum as opposed to trying to find scum.
This makes a bit more sense now

I had one. Unvoted.

Deciding between grizz and splinter

Grizz seems likely but I don't think splinter's reasoning for it is fully sound (grizz voted lux because of melon so commending him on observing that but also condemning it when it resulted in a vote seems contradictory "good job on calling out melon's voters but I don't like that you voted for lux for being one of melon's voters")
Town points for Z Beat, I didn't expect him to dig back into the Grizzly stuff but he clearly did. Seems I might have misremembered that vote a bit too, don't have time to check that now though

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
It's funny that those posts are similar, but both of them have played the game enough that I'm pretty sure they could get to that statement both on their own

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol, Kalor's been around as long as me. Maybe it's just osmosis and we keep rubbing off on each other.

Are we still doing phrasing?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
more candidates means more likelihood of scum being partaking in the voting of said candidates which leads to further obfuscation

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Also that would be a super dumb thing that scum would need to "coordinate" on

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I think that's NAI, why would scum have a consensus immediate answer for what is admittedly an innocuous question

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Final? thoughts on the scum contenders in order of who I'm thinking of voting for:
Grizzly: One of my first scum reads at day start due to trying to set the tone without giving many real opinions, didn't help himself through his contact with Zipped on the lie thing, recently has seemed much more sane and if he acted like that the whole way through I'd be townreading him. I believe that Grizzly is good enough of a player to quickly change what allignment players are seeing him as (I'm going of Brexit) and ultimately I'm not sure I'd ever be able to get a proper read on scum-grizzly, the fact that I believe he's a good player is also the reason I'm hesitant on lynching him, if he turns out to be town, that's a big loss so early on.

SaucyKaz: I've got gut scummy vibes from Kaz, I remember seeing his post to godfather about being made a fool of and thinking 'ah yes that's scum', but I don't have any kind of evidence to back that up, so it's pure gut vibes here.

Zipped: Could be either alignment really but I'm still interested if the votes going off him were a scum move or not, a good info lynch and my fall back.

LuxCommander: Seems like they're in the danger zone for being busy with work and general inactivity so while I definitely wouldn't think them as town, I'd lynch Zipped first

Will continue post later but I realise I didn't set an alarm on my pasta!!!!!!!!!!
Pasta is gloopy, but luckily I like wholegrain pasta without any sauce so clearly I never had any taste in the first place...

UPDATED LIST: (where I haven't added something it's the same as before)

Kaz

Grizzly (Position has changed as I've realized I don't feel great about lynching him right now)

Zipped

Godfather: complete null read, voting thing is NAI and while they've made decent reads, currently they could be just as likely looking for a mislynch as looking for scum, I certainly wouldn't lynch them today though.

Lux

Stuart: From the games I've read I generally scum read stuart early game, while at first this was the case here, he's quickly rised in towny vibes. Which probably means he's scum (this is a joke I am currently town reading user stuart444), even if I was leaning scum on him though I think it's an unnecessary risk lynching him so early (similar to grizzly)

So VOTE: SaucyKaz I suppose?
And don't worry Z-Beat, I'll be back for you come morning

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Well, ok then. Gonna write this down for later though.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
You're being awfully non-comittal sitting on Zipped with only two votes right now Kopite. Is Kits being on GF really enough reason to change your mind?
My man the only reason I'm still here at 5AM is because I'm not sure if I should change my vote to GF. I've even typed out his name and honestly if no one wants to get back on Zipped I think I'll jump on GF instead of 'wasting' my vote.

But yes Kits vote did make me think a little. Not in that she's definitely wrong, but maybe I reacted more harshly to GF because of his playstyle and that played too much of a part in me being convinced he's scum.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pasta is gloopy, but luckily I like wholegrain pasta without any sauce so clearly I never had any taste in the first place...

UPDATED LIST: (where I haven't added something it's the same as before)

Kaz

Grizzly (Position has changed as I've realized I don't feel great about lynching him right now)

Zipped

Godfather: complete null read, voting thing is NAI and while they've made decent reads, currently they could be just as likely looking for a mislynch as looking for scum, I certainly wouldn't lynch them today though.

Lux

Stuart: From the games I've read I generally scum read stuart early game, while at first this was the case here, he's quickly rised in towny vibes. Which probably means he's scum (this is a joke I am currently town reading user stuart444), even if I was leaning scum on him though I think it's an unnecessary risk lynching him so early (similar to grizzly)

So VOTE: SaucyKaz I suppose?
And don't worry Z-Beat, I'll be back for you come morning
Hey, I think the votes have to be on their own line for fireblend's tool to pick them up.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
However...
Me: Doing that is kinda stupid
Four People: Hey hang on don't go at Godfather like that
Hmmmm

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Hey, I think the votes have to be on their own line for fireblend's tool to pick them up.
Thanks for the concern, but it went through.

I also immediately feel bad about the saucyKaz train, given the other people who are on it (I really should have checked that first), so expect that it might change pretty quickly, would help if people voting Grizzly told me why the argument for not killing people like stuart doesn't apply to him?

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
My thing is what annoying thing do I never want to see again

Godfather tackling people
Vote4Kaz
Zipping from room to room

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
As hilarious as it would be, don't see the snap moment as a scum tell. What would they even have agreed in the scum chat?

"Quick, everybody spread the votes and then explain that spreading the votes means it's more likely to strike scum"

Yeah, funny, but don't see this as a thing.