• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
that quote kinda screwed up, is what you typed under Kitsune's post in that?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because regardless of how you feel about my actions there is no motive to do them as scum.

Grizzly was lead before I started swapping and was the lynch. I didn't actually change the outcome, was the final vote, didn't tie, have no reason to have wanted to tie, didn't protect anyone.

What I did do is shake bronson from the third train onto lux and not grizzly, so we know he didn't jump into to save a scum and is probably town.

That should be the main takeaway from last night
Sorry, explain the Bronson/lux part to me? I think I'm misunderstanding your point.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
hey Hecht, what pushed you to considering a B-Dub lynch on the first day compared to today?
Like I said, it's mostly gut. But my vote was on Dubs initially when he called out Zipped when we were relatively early on in the "why would we pick the teal room early" discussion. I don't know why it stood out to me.

Today I've got...other gut feels about it.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So right now:

BronsonLee - leaning townish but i still think he's hiding a bit behind the goofs. Would read scummier if more experienced.

Devious has some weird ass posts and i've had a scummy feel on him since almost the beginning. I was thinking new player jitters but that Grizzly vote out of nowhere that opened the floodgates looks really sus. Strong side eye to Devious and every Grizzly post after. Maybe strongest scum read right now.

Kitsunelaine started off today with that role hunting post that looks pretty bad, and there's also the sudden jump on the Bear Train.

Kalor hasn't posted much but it seems every time he does there's town intent behind it. I like his posts. Leaning town.

Stuart444 - started poorly and maybe that's why he's being read as scum, but i don't see it. Then again i'm aware he's a pretty good player so maybe i'm just being a naive fool. Gonna take a closer look to his posts anyway.

Zippedpinhead - i have no idea what zipped was playing at but it gave me a strong feeling he was either a neutral or that he has some really weird town role. I don't think he's scum but i don't fully trust his interests are in sync with town.

Godfather - most of Godfather's contributions on Day 1 amounted to baseless noise. I had him clearly pegged as scum but today has softened that read. I'm gonna wait and see there.

Z-Beat - coasting. Slightly scummy read.

flatearthpandas - i'm pretty sure there was scum on late voting. Between a tie and a Grizzly lynch, both results were positive for the scum team. They got one of them. I find the flipflopping extremely suspect. Scum read.

Hecht - with regards to day end, same as fep. I'll give Hecht the benefit of being on Grizzly much earlier. Slightly leaning scum.

Muffin - townish but only from gut.

SaucyKaz - scummy gutfeel but nothing concrete. Was also a possible reason for the Grizzly train.

Everyone else is mostly several shades of null for me as of now. Need to dive back again after we have more info.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Godfather unfortunately, it looks like melon was the only one that didn't vote for one of the main suspects yesterday. Lux and Stuart are the ones that stayed on SaucyKaz, whereas Dubs, saenima, Muffin, and Kopite stayed on you rather than the two leaders at the end.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Godfather unfortunately, it looks like melon was the only one that didn't vote for one of the main suspects yesterday. Lux and Stuart are the ones that stayed on SaucyKaz, whereas Dubs, saenima, Muffin, and Kopite stayed on you rather than the two leaders at the end.
However, of these players, I imagine there are multiple scum in there.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
But my vote was on Dubs initially when he called out Zipped when we were relatively early on in the "why would we pick the teal room early" discussion.
i need to look back at that whole mess when i get the chance, I'm mostly looking through the end day stuff

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
So right now:

BronsonLee - leaning townish but i still think he's hiding a bit behind the goofs. Would read scummier if more experienced.

Here I'll throw a few more bits of info out there for fun:
I always goof, there is no escaping it even in Mafia and I ain't gonna bother
I haven't played in years or on forums but I've played online Mafia before, old school style, but never a game of this length (mine would take hours, not days), so most of my role knowledge is probably 8-10 years out of date
I like Diet Pepsi

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now that we've established that the room mechanics are very real and not just flavor text, I'm gonna have to backtrack and take a look at everyone who shrugged them off as flavor text.

It is. Scariest part is at my lowest points I could see something like that happening to me.
You always got people to talk to man! Be safe.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
mafia is srs business, bronson

SFcDT89.jpg

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(and frankly it's extremely arrogant to frame "hey we have different understandings of this word as it was used" and "you didn't use these words exactly as i personally understood them" as a scumtell or backtracking )

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, explain the Bronson/lux part to me? I think I'm misunderstanding your point.
Never mind, I sort of take your point. Logically, Bronson and lux are probably not both scum. Unless they were bussing lux(which is stupid as hell day 1)he would have voted grizzly over lux. There is a chance they're both town, but I'm not really buying that yet.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling there's more than a few scum on Grizz. He went from 3 votes to 9 in a matter of minutes for no reason.That we aren't looking there is crazy to me. Why did everyone jump on Grizz? How is this not the question we're asking?

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I have a feeling there's more than a few scum on Grizz. He went from 3 votes to 9 in a matter of minutes for no reason.That we aren't looking there is crazy to me. Why did everyone jump on Grizz? How is this not the question we're asking?

Yeah I'm real goddamn curious at the vote jump there

Hell the only reason I pulled my vote is because it was gonna tie and ties are useless

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm absolutely looking at that. Simple answer is to protect, in order, lux, me, or kaz. Then look at some of the people who switched from me or kaz to grizzly(scummy), as well as people who never voted grizzly(townie).

Then look at who is actively discouraging us from talking about the voting today.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah I wanna go through this at some point

Grizzly (9 votes)
*Splinter - #750 #924
*Splinter - #925
Hecht - #931 #1,378
Kalor - #1,262 #1,559
Hecht - #1,386 #1,575
turmoil7 - #1,568
Aeleus - #1,592
Hecht - #1,604 #1,610
WhySoDevious - #1,617
weemadarthur - #1,626
flatearthpandas - #1,641 #1,674
SaucyKaz - #1,652
Hecht - #1,670
Kitsunelaine - #1,671
flatearthpandas - #1,674 #1,684
flatearthpandas - #1,696

LuxCommander (8 votes)
*Splinter - #924 #925
Grizzly - #1,131 #1,173
StanleyPalmtree - #1,136
Godfather - #1,140 #1,230
saenima - #1,180 #1,535
Zippedpinhead - #1,360
Godfather - #1,552
Kalor - #1,559
Z-Beat - #1,603
Hecht - #1,610 #1,670
Fat4all - #1,628
Girlofgotham - #1,634
flatearthpandas - #1,684 #1,696
BronsonLee - #1,695

Look at all of that movement in the 1500/1600s

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Hecht looks undecided between the two which scans
It looks like it started with turmoil and then votes bled in a little bit

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
(and frankly it's extremely arrogant to frame "hey we have different understandings of this word as it was used" and "you didn't use these words exactly as i personally understood them" as a scumtell or backtracking )
Can you honestly not see the differences between the two?
'Scum using this moment to strike' carrys way more serious connotations than what you ended up describing.

This isnt about definitions, your initial idea and how you elaborated on it were just two differant situations, the later being far less imposing than the former.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you honestly not see the differences between the two?
'Scum using this moment to strike' carrys way more serious connotations than what you ended up describing.

This isnt about definitions, your initial idea and how you elaborated on it were just two differant situations, the later being far less imposing than the former.

They're not two different situations. They're me trying to better articulate my thoughts. If you move under the cover of chaos, to me that is "striking". You're trying to decouple the two for whatever reason but for me they're part and parcel of me trying to communicate my thoughts. Because that's how language works.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One person I no longer consider as scummy based on the voting is girlofgotham. I think I was wrong there.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're not two different situations. They're me trying to better articulate my thoughts. If you move under the cover of chaos, to me that is "striking". You're trying to decouple the two for whatever reason but for me they're part and parcel of me trying to communicate my thoughts. Because that's how language works.

Remember that time kitsunelaine called me emotional?

I remember.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
contrary to what FEP says, it sure looks like he was the deciding vote between Lux and Grizzly RE: who got lynched

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm off to bed. Genuinely look forward to seeing what Bronson comes up with here. Hopefully we'll get significant posts from some key people like luxcommander

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
So your defintion of striking does not actually require any kind of strike to be made?

Like a strike is to attack someone, mafia striking would be them like killing a player.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the Grizz votes came literally at the last minute. Hell, most votes that stuck came after post 1500, which is 600 posts after *Splinter.

FEP
Hecht
Kitsu
wee
WSD
turmoil
aeleus

Why did you all go for Grizz?