• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I'd be funny that if Pink gets most of the votes, the players who voted a different color were placed against the glass wall in the Red room.

I don't think the instructions say this could happen, but it'd be an interesting twist.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
A tracker could also get the same info. And you wouldn't tell them not to track. You'd just use that info as best you could.

A tracker gets that information privately so they can make a judgement call on that information. It's not really the same as what you proposed. Though I don't think that's what the room is anyway.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think Pink (eyes will look one) could be making public everyone who was target of a night action the previous night, that would be unashamedly pro scum as they know who were targets of their actions while being a huge distraction to town

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think Pink (eyes will look one) could be making public everyone who was target of a night action the previous night, that would be unashamedly pro scum as they know who were targets of their actions while being a huge distraction to town
Probably worth keeping for after we get a roleblocker, if any, to verify later claims

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Trackers don't receive their results in public though.

I dunno, I think it's definitely a risk. I like data though. Scum win vanilla games.
A tracker gets that information privately so they can make a judgement call on that information. It's not really the same as what you proposed. Though I don't think that's what the room is anyway.
Fair enough. I didn't think that right through.

I'm still thinking Pink though

Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking (hoping) more we'll see all night actions. And that means prs could refrain from action. Whether scum wants to refrain from the nk is their own problem to sort out.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Fair enough, but that's not much to go on considering how strong this majority is.

Can any of the other 10 purple voters answer these questions, or otherwise give their reasons for voting purple?
You know, I was all for getting through the "punish" rooms early cause there was a 50/50 chance of getting rid of scum... now, since I know that's not the case, I'm not sure anymore if that's the best course of action.

If pink will give us information, then I think that's a good plan right now.

MOVE: Pink Room

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Post Counts:
🔍 Fat4all: 64 🔍 Kitsunelaine: 54 🔍 Stuart444: 40 🔍 Hecht: 39 🔍 *Splinter: 34 🔍 Godfather: 29 🔍 SaucyKaz: 27 🔍 StanleyPalmtree: 25 🔍 B-Dubs: 25 🔍 BronsonLee: 23 🔍 flatearthpandas: 17 🔍 Girlofgotham: 17 🔍 saenima: 14 🔍 Aeleus: 11 🔍 Kalor: 11 🔍 LuxCommander: 11 🔍 turmoil7: 10 🔍 WhySoDevious: 10 🔍 weemadarthur: 9 🔍 Muffin: 8 🔍 Z-Beat: 7 🔍 Zippedpinhead: 1

We're missing one person from this btw. 23 alive but only 22 names. Who hasn't posted at all yet?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Post Counts:
🔍 Fat4all: 64 🔍 Kitsunelaine: 54 🔍 Stuart444: 40 🔍 Hecht: 39 🔍 *Splinter: 34 🔍 Godfather: 29 🔍 SaucyKaz: 27 🔍 StanleyPalmtree: 25 🔍 B-Dubs: 25 🔍 BronsonLee: 23 🔍 flatearthpandas: 17 🔍 Girlofgotham: 17 🔍 saenima: 14 🔍 Aeleus: 11 🔍 Kalor: 11 🔍 LuxCommander: 11 🔍 turmoil7: 10 🔍 WhySoDevious: 10 🔍 weemadarthur: 9 🔍 Muffin: 8 🔍 Z-Beat: 7 🔍 Zippedpinhead: 1

We're missing one person from this btw. 23 alive but only 22 names. Who hasn't posted at all yet?
Kopite, I believe.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be doing a probably long shift at work today so will be away for a good while, but my evening plans just canceled so we'll see how it goes.

I see splinter outed himself; double voting can be a scum role, but he also isn't a perma double, so that would be scum using a limited item to....Show Someone.......Something....no, I can't make that work and anyway I thought splinter was town already.

For day end, I'm wanting to look at last minute vote jumpers. The most obvioius being fep and kits. It's complicated by the fact that posts of vote counts were made that I don't....think?....were accurate, because the vote tool seemed behind. So were people voting in response to the real count, or an erroneous count that was posted; this will take me some time to work on in detail.

My vote was done to move Grizzly deliberately into a second place tie. I wanted to move on Muffin, but Grizzly was my second strongest scum read, and I wanted to pressure scum voters into showing their hands at the last second, so I went with that move due to the numbers at the time. If I had thought Griz was town I would not have done that. It's possible I would have stayed on muffin since I had no strong feelings about the results between the rest, honestly.

It was my opinion that godfather voters were voting off personality and not logic; I may not have mourned his loss but wasn't minded to contribute, and lux had a very slight towny read from me on day one.

People saying Hecht is given a pass for having voted griz early puzzle me. Of course a scum player would want to remove town grizzly from the game, and seeing griz jump up to be a viable candidate would seem like a wonderful gift, with the easy out of saying "my early opinion" on top. I consider him one of the jumpers I need to look at, and also his day two posts have been lackluster. He seems to want everyone to play for him so he doesn't have to.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Post Counts:

Ah, it's Kopite of course.

Kopite You're like 1/4 of the way into D2 and haven't contributed yet. You have time still, but this isn't a good luck right now.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be doing a probably long shift at work today so will be away for a good while, but my evening plans just canceled so we'll see how it goes.

I see splinter outed himself; double voting can be a scum role, but he also isn't a perma double, so that would be scum using a limited item to....Show Someone.......Something....no, I can't make that work and anyway I thought splinter was town already.

For day end, I'm wanting to look at last minute vote jumpers. The most obvioius being fep and kits. It's complicated by the fact that posts of vote counts were made that I don't....think?....were accurate, because the vote tool seemed behind. So were people voting in response to the real count, or an erroneous count that was posted; this will take me some time to work on in detail.

My vote was done to move Grizzly deliberately into a second place tie. I wanted to move on Muffin, but Grizzly was my second strongest scum read, and I wanted to pressure scum voters into showing their hands at the last second, so I went with that move due to the numbers at the time. If I had thought Griz was town I would not have done that. It's possible I would have stayed on muffin since I had no strong feelings about the results between the rest, honestly.

It was my opinion that godfather voters were voting off personality and not logic; I may not have mourned his loss but wasn't minded to contribute, and lux had a very slight towny read from me on day one.

People saying Hecht is given a pass for having voted griz early puzzle me. Of course a scum player would want to remove town grizzly from the game, and seeing griz jump up to be a viable candidate would seem like a wonderful gift, with the easy out of saying "my early opinion" on top. I consider him one of the jumpers I need to look at, and also his day two posts have been lackluster. He seems to want everyone to play for him so he doesn't have to.

I don't give a pass to hecht, but of the Grizzly voters, he seemed the least opportunistic. I could be wrong, but it seems rare for scum to LEAD a train on D1, particularly against someone who should be hard to lynch. There are other people who concern me far more right now.

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Kopite's silence is problematic to say the least. On a day where you have to vote or die, that screams AFK to me though.

More interesting to me is the lack of posts from Zipped, especially coming off of yesterday's Day 1 play.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Ah, it's Kopite of course.

Kopite You're like 1/4 of the way into D2 and haven't contributed yet. You have time still, but this isn't a good luck right now.
Given this had been brought up now I'm going to share my personal conspiracy theory.

Kopite has been blackmailed and will die at day end (due to being unable to vote), scum knows what each room does and pushed dark and purple room as potential choices (maybe pink as well)

If Kopite doesn't show up soon I think we need to have a proper look at how Dark and purple became front runners and why Kopite was targeted for what is effectively scums night kill.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Kopite's silence is problematic to say the least. On a day where you have to vote or die, that screams AFK to me though.

More interesting to me is the lack of posts from Zipped, especially coming off of yesterday's Day 1 play.
Thank you for @ing me. I had thought I had another real world day before the night time ended.

I'm sick today IrL, so I'm going to try and keep up but with this stomach bug..

For those wondering, yesterday I tried a thought experiment to see if people would be bothered with someone who inexplicably changed their room vote each time they posted. It's not required of my role or anything (in fact I'm done because that was incredibly hard to do). This is where that no fun allowed robot happened back in the first day.

My reads list with scum reading grizzly obviously was wrong, but I eventually still voted lux.

Since lux is still alive and we had no additional flips outside of grizzly, I'm going to leave a vote for lux right here.

And I'm not going to do a move vote on each post!
vote: luxcommander

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

SaucyKaz (3 votes)
Aeleus - #1,731
Stuart444 - #1,796
BronsonLee - #1,916

Stuart444 (3 votes)
SaucyKaz - #1,800
*Splinter - #2,141 (Double)

LuxCommander (2 votes)
flatearthpandas - #1,876
Zippedpinhead - #2,121

Z-Beat (1 votes)
LuxCommander - #2,101

Godfather (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,739

flatearthpandas (1 votes)
saenima - #2,098

Kitsunelaine (1 votes)
Hecht - #1,742 #1,967
Godfather - #1,781

B-Dubs (1 votes)
Hecht - #1,967

Hecht (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #1,906

Post Counts:
Fat4all: 64 Kitsunelaine: 54 Stuart444: 40 Hecht: 39 *Splinter: 34 Godfather: 33 SaucyKaz: 27 StanleyPalmtree: 25 B-Dubs: 25 BronsonLee: 23 flatearthpandas: 17 Girlofgotham: 17 saenima: 14 Aeleus: 13 LuxCommander: 12 Kalor: 11 WhySoDevious: 11 weemadarthur: 10 turmoil7: 10 Muffin: 8 Z-Beat: 7 Zippedpinhead: 1

Current Countdown:
cpt1q7f14u

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Given this had been brought up now I'm going to share my personal conspiracy theory.

Kopite has been blackmailed and will die at day end (due to being unable to vote), scum knows what each room does and pushed dark and purple room as potential choices (maybe pink as well)

If Kopite doesn't show up soon I think we need to have a proper look at how Dark and purple became front runners and why Kopite was targeted for what is effectively scums night kill.
That's really specific.

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
==== DAY 2 MOVEMENT ====
Day Start

purple room (Active votes: 9)
muffin - #1,825
godfather - #1,841
luxcommander - #1,865
saucykaz - #1,868
turmoil7 - #1,900
saenima - #1,903
hecht - #1,912
weemadarthur - #1,914
bronsonlee - #1,916

pink room (Active votes: 7)
flatearthpandas - #1,882
*splinter - #2,123 (Double)
fat4all - #2,127
girlofgotham - #2,163
stuart444 - #2,164
whysodevious - #2,216

red room (Active votes: 1)
kitsunelaine - #1,739

yellow room (Active votes: 1)
b-dubs - #1,837

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017

What?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

That is quite a leap. you've asked for advice here and there, so I'll just say, Occam's Razor. The simple answer is usually the correct one.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
That is quite a leap. you've asked for advice here and there, so I'll just say, Occam's Razor. The simple answer is usually the correct one.
This is fair and as soon as I posted it I felt like a bit of an idiot, I think it might have been because ToS has a similar role (even though I came in knowing these games would be nothing alike) Kopite, please end my suffering????

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm of the agreement that purple probably means you can't change your vote

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would've assumed the blackmail/dark room combo would be game ending in late game (running the risk of 3 town deaths through mislynch, night kill, and dark room effect) but maybe scum wouldn't want to wait that long on the chance of the blackmail scum being killed before then, and making up for yesterday's lost opportunity through today by getting a sure thing. This all running on the assumption that that extremely specific guess is true

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not changing vote at all is bad, and that seems to be the more popular view of what purple does, so I'm moving my vote off of it.

I'm torn between Orange and Yellow though. Those two, and the glass wall rooms, sound closest to rooms where picking one locks the other. Between yellow and orange, yellow seems more obviously helpful, it's also a bit earlier than I'd want to use a protective ability. Between the glass rooms, it seems like a toss up. Either room could help or hurt us depending on what it means.

The reason I want Orange is because if it does shut off night chats, it's far more beneficial now than later. Scum team is full, while gossip chats are emptier. That should reverse as the game goes on. But it may lose us a protective ability? How much control will we actually have over that protection?

So I guess my question is what do people think about Orange and Yellow? Anyone think I'm totally off base on what Orange might do?

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Would've assumed the blackmail/dark room combo would be game ending in late game (running the risk of 3 town deaths through mislynch, night kill, and dark room effect) but maybe scum wouldn't want to wait that long on the chance of the blackmail scum being killed before then, and making up for yesterday's lost opportunity through today by getting a sure thing. This all running on the assumption that that extremely specific guess is true
Not only that why would they use blackmail on someone as relatively quiet as Kopite? Doesn't make any sense.