• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Not changing vote at all is bad, and that seems to be the more popular view of what purple does, so I'm moving my vote off of it.

I'm torn between Orange and Yellow though. Those two, and the glass wall rooms, sound closest to rooms where picking one locks the other. Between yellow and orange, yellow seems more obviously helpful, it's also a bit earlier than I'd want to use a protective ability. Between the glass rooms, it seems like a toss up. Either room could help or hurt us depending on what it means.

The reason I want Orange is because if it does shut off night chats, it's far more beneficial now than later. Scum team is full, while gossip chats are emptier. That should reverse as the game goes on. But it may lose us a protective ability? How much control will we actually have over that protection?

So I guess my question is what do people think about Orange and Yellow? Anyone think I'm totally off base on what Orange might do?
ooh I hadn't even considered that "looking across the glass wall" would mean scum chat was closed. That's an interesting theory

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit THATS what muddles the voices means, isnt it! If that's true then that's now a big no on orange

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would've assumed the blackmail/dark room combo would be game ending in late game (running the risk of 3 town deaths through mislynch, night kill, and dark room effect) but maybe scum wouldn't want to wait that long on the chance of the blackmail scum being killed before then, and making up for yesterday's lost opportunity through today by getting a sure thing. This all running on the assumption that that extremely specific guess is true
It also implies scum knew exactly what the room did ahead of time. We have no evidence of that yet, but it's not impossible.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ooh I hadn't even considered that "looking across the glass wall" would mean scum chat was closed. That's an interesting theory

Wait what? I wasn't talking about the glass rooms(red/pink). I was talking about orange.
Oh shit THATS what muddles the voices means, isnt it! If that's true then that's now a big no on orange

Which part? Orange might force us to post weird, like rhyming, or no vowels, but I could also see it having an effect like shutting off side chats. Which part are you agreeing with? Cause the former is annoying, but not too bad overall. The latter is an amazing benefit to town at this stage of the game.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I generally assume if people aren't around it's because they got real life shit to do

and also I vote for them because inactives must be tackled

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Wait what? I wasn't talking about the glass rooms(red/pink). I was talking about orange.
oh lol, I didn't look at the colors, I just assumed that was the condition you were talking about. However, I think that might be more what Pink does then. Muddling the voices...I wonder if that means like a secret vote via PM? I really hope it's not a post restriction because that's going to get really annoying.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No I meant muddling the voices might refer to closing the voice oriented rooms.

I think that would be too much. There are a few of those. I don't think Brazil would just give us a room that could eliminate three other choices potentially on day 1. I would imagine the gamerunner wants us to experience the things he thought up.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Not changing vote at all is bad, and that seems to be the more popular view of what purple does, so I'm moving my vote off of it.

I'm torn between Orange and Yellow though. Those two, and the glass wall rooms, sound closest to rooms where picking one locks the other. Between yellow and orange, yellow seems more obviously helpful, it's also a bit earlier than I'd want to use a protective ability. Between the glass rooms, it seems like a toss up. Either room could help or hurt us depending on what it means.

The reason I want Orange is because if it does shut off night chats, it's far more beneficial now than later. Scum team is full, while gossip chats are emptier. That should reverse as the game goes on. But it may lose us a protective ability? How much control will we actually have over that protection?

So I guess my question is what do people think about Orange and Yellow? Anyone think I'm totally off base on what Orange might do?
If we pop a glass room today, that should give us a better idea about how rooms are linked or not, which would be useful for deciding between orange and yellow.

'cause if any links will be linked it's red/pink

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
MOVE: Pink Room

I think the reasoning for it is sound and could be a good way to get some information. There are risks regarding town PR information, but I'd rather try to get more information anyway.
B-Dubs weemadarthur Muffin

on a scale of "scum" to "super scum", where are you
I like your usual cocky attitude, because that way i can laugh at you after the game for being wrong
Of all the people to have to trust with a double vote...
Agreed here though.

GF and FEP are contending for my top scum spot, but Kaz and also Kitsune are a bit of a consideration.

Oh, and you also barely make the cut to be in the scum category Hecht <3

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feel free to post evidence at literally any point for your scum reads, people.

Move: Red Room

I'm a contrarian.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If we pop a glass room today, that should give us a better idea about how rooms are linked or not, which would be useful for deciding between orange and yellow.

'cause if any links will be linked it's red/pink

Also, knowing orange and yellow are mutually exclusive does not help my predicament. I know you guys value the protection bit, but I think denying scum their chat is a lot more useful than people realize. I'd be torn on those choices.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Feel free to post evidence at literally any point for your scum reads, people.
If you're referring to mine, I think I've gone over it extensively D1. Oh, and also the fact how you were a hot contender for the lynch which vaporized weirdly fast relatively late in D1.

The rest of my reads I've gone over in my other posts on D2 so far.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Ok enough room talk, I don't think town/scum would be particularly split on this choice and we seem to have consensus anyway.

Thoughts on Stu?
I didn't think he was scum yesterday (at the very least a null read). Today...I don't think that's changed much. He's been relatively talkative when he's around and it's been more than just fluff. Nothing has really stood out to me.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think he was scum yesterday (at the very least a null read). Today...I don't think that's changed much. He's been relatively talkative when he's around and it's been more than just fluff. Nothing has really stood out to me.
Hmm, fair comments.

I didn't like his push against feps, but in hindsight he wasn't the only one to do that.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going back to the white room
giphy.gif

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm cooling on Stu again.

Actually I'm struggling for scum reads, which is worrying. I think I'll trust my gut for now

DOUBLE: Aeleus

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
All right, I think everyone has chimed in at least once.

Would anyone like to know why there was no death last night