• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Okay, I'm going over the votes during the last minutes of the games.

My theory: I can see scum wanting to go after a vocal townie (Grizzly) or a not-so-active townie - someone like Lux (cause Melon was replaced).

Some of the votes that Grizzly got were not previously on Lux - mine, Aeulus, weemadarthur, Kaz

There were two people that were waffling on Grizzly and Lux - Hecht and FEP

Hecht even tried to switch his vote at the very last minute - maybe not wanting to vote out someone who was actually playing the game and making it interesting? A scum that wants to win but doesn't want to make the game so vanilla?

I think we're giving Hecht too much of a free pass on that Grizzly vote.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, no claims yesterday was pretty amazing, but I'm not yet sure why you think this claim today is a good idea. I already don't like that you're stretching it out.

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida

My theory: I can see scum wanting to go after a vocal townie (Grizzly) or a not-so-active townie - someone like Lux (cause Melon was replaced).

Some of the votes that Grizzly got were not previously on Lux - mine, Aeulus, weemadarthur, Kaz

Hecht even tried to switch his vote at the very last minute - maybe not wanting to vote out someone who was actually playing the game and making it interesting? A scum that wants to win but doesn't want to make the game so vanilla?

I think he has an answer now lol

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if Aeleus is actually telling the truth about kopite and only revealed that to throw suspicion off Aeleus' trail.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not sure I follow this argument. Why would scum want to lynch an inactive player?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok i have a mechanics question. Assuming Hecht is telling the truth, would scum know why the shot didn't work? Because if not it's a terrible idea to claim vest right now. You're just giving scum free info.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Ok i have a mechanics question. Assuming Hecht is telling the truth, would scum know why the shot didn't work? Because if not it's a terrible idea to claim vest right now. You're just giving scum free info.
This is correct.

It's a better play for neutral-Hecht than town-Hecht, but I'm not sure I want to go down that rabbit hole

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamit... just catching up on that vest thing.
2b4ada470b8ec9ec5991a7877981255b.gif

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I dunno. I still feel like scum is getting something out of this exchange now rather than getting nothing out of a blocked shot.
That may be true, but I figured it may help us look at the interactions between players and myself today and hopefully we get a decent lynch out of it.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Ok if we get evidence of a serial killer I'm lynching Hecht, otherwise I'm not interested

#finalthoughts

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only two theories I have are

A. Hecht is telling the truth
B. He's lying and scum did a no kill to back him up

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not sure I follow this argument. Why would scum want to lynch an inactive player?
A sense of wanting the game to be interesting. Going for an inactive player is an easy vote that benefits them, sure, but it keeps the game lively cause the vocal players that participate a lot (like Grizzly) make the game interesting.

That's why I was looking at people that were waffling between Grizzly and Lux - the one thing they had in common was that one had the most posts, the other the least.

I was suspecting Hecht because he changed his vote at the last minute... a vote that would keep the game livelier, more entertaining.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They'd
probably have SOME idea. If they were roleblocked, or jailed, or targeted a commuter, they'd usually get a different message than if their target was protected by a doc, or a vest.

But I don't know for sure. Our community is aggravatingly inconsistent about this stuff.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Or the target was someone else who was protected and Hecht is scum taking advantage of that with a fake claim.
That one crossed my mind but it's too risky. That other person could call him out unless it was kopite, but at that point we would find out on kopite's flip. And they wouldn't need to worry about exposing their role making them a target because they'd have a vest

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Why would it be stupid?
Because then I get counter-claimed, I get lynched, and Town then has the opportunity to maybe protect the person that claimed. At best Scum kills a PR but loses a member, at worst they just lose a member. Neither are really that great of a tradeoff