• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Don't really see a way around it.

If he votes, it'll just be ignored or be asked to remove it or get rebuked for going against the rules.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bill & Ted had a lovers pair investigator, Brazil was spec there, so this role makes sense to me

I believe hecht too, makes the 'other gut feels' post on bdubs make more sense

I believe splinter too

All of those are kinda weak and weird town roles, it makes a scum "silencer"(or whatever is called) make sense as another weird role.

Probably splinter will be silenced tomorrow if he can continue doble voting(not sure if he went on specifics, I am skimming)

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Just popped in to see what was up. Can't add much now but I knew I needed to move my vote off. At the beginning of today I thought maybe we had scum in a tight spot.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bill & Ted had a lovers pair investigator, Brazil was spec there, so this role makes sense to me

I believe hecht too, makes the 'other gut feels' post on bdubs make more sense

I believe splinter too

All of those are kinda weak and weird town roles, it makes a scum "silencer"(or whatever is called) make sense as another weird role.

Probably splinter will be silenced tomorrow if he can continue doble voting(not sure if he went on specifics, I am skimming)

FWIW, vote blocking is one of the strongest roles possible for scum team, aside from extra kills.

For the newer players:

Vote Thief

A Vote Thief is a role that can target a player at Night to steal their vote during the following Day.
For balance reasons, Vote Thief is usually Town-aligned.

Use and Power

Town-aligned Vote Thieves can steal other players' votes. The only practical positive effect of this is to allow for "beyond LyLo" play; situations such as "2 town 2 scum", which are normally an immediate loss for town, can still be winnable (if very difficult) if the Vote Thief repeatedly steals votes from scum to prevent them forcing a no lynch. Along similar lines, the role could potentially be used to bait scum into making quickhammers that won't actually work (although you will need to rely on some other townie to place someone at L-1).
The role can, however, have a nasty negative effect if the Vote Thief is killed during the Night, rendering one player Voteless during the next Day.
Scum-aligned Vote Thieves have one more vote to their faction's credit as long as the Vote Thief is alive. In order to balance this like in a normal game, this means the scum team has one fewer member than usual and gets hosed if the Vote Thief dies.

It's just a mean role, cause voting is the only part of this game that really matters in the end.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
((I should probably save this for post game, but I just want to get it out there now.

Saenima asked if Kopite is allowed to vote, and Kopite voted. Both of these give us the same info, but the former gives the mod the opportunity to say "I won't answer that" rather than inflicting a punishment.

Furthermore, a punishment that's expected / planned for isn't really a punishment. So the game runner's response should be harsher than whatever was expected (although I don't think that will happen here).

I mean it's no biggie in this case, we'd find out by the end of the phase anyway. Just as a general idea - don't break the rules please.))

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
((I should probably save this for post game, but I just want to get it out there now.

Saenima asked if Kopite is allowed to vote, and Kopite voted. Both of these give us the same info, but the former gives the mod the opportunity to say "I won't answer that" rather than inflicting a punishment.

Furthermore, a punishment that's expected / planned for isn't really a punishment. So the game runner's response should be harsher than whatever was expected (although I don't think that will happen here).

I mean it's no biggie in this case, we'd find out by the end of the phase anyway. Just as a general idea - don't break the rules please.))
I was given permission to do this, wouldn't have otherwise ;)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
For the lovers, do you know for certain that Aeleus will be killed alongside Kopite today? Because it was mentioned that you both die if someone is lynched, but Kopites death would technically be different from a lynch, even if it occurs at the same time.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Ok in light of recent events I should probably reveal that double vote isn't my own power, rather it was thrust upon me by some unseen hand.

So it's entirely possible that someone gave me Kopite's vote for some reason

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
For the lovers, do you know for certain that Aeleus will be killed alongside Kopite today? Because it was mentioned that you both die if someone is lynched, but Kopites death would technically be different from a lynch, even if it occurs at the same time.
They noted in the room description that it was an additional lynch and I still checked with Brazil, rest assured, I'm a dead entity walking

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Mod confirmed we both ded

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Mod confirmed we both ded

Okay. I was trying to think of roles that could save Aeleus and from what you've both said, someone with a day kill could shoot you and maybe protect Aeleus. Though who knows if we even have one, or if they want to use their shot on you if we do.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My secret hope here is we have a town role than can force a room change on us. This is absolutely the time to use it if it exists. I doubt I'm the only one that expected room fuckery on that level.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Okay. I was trying to think of roles that could save Aeleus and from what you've both said, someone with a day kill could shoot you and maybe protect Aeleus. Though who knows if we even have one, or if they want to use their shot on you if we do.
I'm wary of talking too much about my role pm, but the way it's worded makes it unlikely that this game will have any kind of day kills.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Just that I've been blessed and that I have to use double instead of vote today
So the curse is placed on someone... prevents them from voting... but it also gives a double vote to someone... and I expect that to be random.

So that would mean you could still be scum... just with a double vote today.

Or maybe not random? A townie gets silenced, a scum gets double vote?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Anyway that's enough of discussing our roles, 95% chance we're dead at the EOD
If you want to give us something to send off with us, now is the chance to hunt some scum.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
OK, so I just woke up (thank you flu getting worse) and all kinds of shit has happened all at once.

Hecht you're off my list for now, still the possibility you're faking it knowing whoever else has a power won't want to claim this early but there's still better places to look now.

Kopite damn dude, that sucks. See you on the other side.

As far as where my vote is going today, vote: godfather

Aeleus who do you think targeted kopite? Why do you think they'd do it?

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
So the curse is placed on someone... prevents them from voting... but it also gives a double vote to someone... and I expect that to be random.

It's not guaranteed that my extra vote came from Kopite, that's just a guess on my part.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

That would balance it, at least. Just pure vote stealing scum would suck for us. It could also be a neutral role. Steal X votes or something, and Kopite is just super unlucky.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Just that I've been blessed and that I have to use double instead of vote today
I guess I appreciate you telling us this because it lowers the chance of you being town, imo, since a straight-double voting town seems fine (rather than a double-voting scum), but now I can't really be as sure of your alignment. But I guess I lean town since you told us?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Aeleus who do you think targeted kopite? Why do you think they'd do it?
I'd agree that godfather is the most likely possibility, but whether it's trying to frame a previous lynch candidate (not only did Kopite say that godfather was scum if he died but now he can even push on godfather knowing he's going to die) is WIFOM (I think). If scum knows what the rooms do, then godfather was already pushing in all the wrong directions

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I appreciate you telling us this because it lowers the chance of you being town, imo, since a straight-double voting town seems fine (rather than a double-voting scum), but now I can't really be as sure of your alignment. But I guess I lean town since you told us?
It would be far more suspicious had he not, and we discovered it tomorrow. There's another devious possibility as well, if so, than well played.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
What if kopite does something that gets him modkilled?

That wouldn't count as a lynch, right?

Maybe we can save Aeleus?