• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Guess that means splinter having a double vote today is NAI(ie scum can't steal the vote of a townie to give it to someone else)

If dog is telling the truth, obv

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I dunno how active I'll be this weekend since I'm usually not in front of a computer, but I'll be reading and commenting when I can.

I should settle on a vote soon cause I don't want the deadline to surprise me tomorrow.

Godfather... Not sure why he's leading on votes right now, but I know that he was on Koplite's list and maybe a reason why he was targeted. I'm inclined right now to vote for him.

B-Dubs... One of my first feelings was not to trust people that were directing the vote towards zipped, and he certainly was the first to do this. Probably why there was a train on zipped so early in the game.

Lux... Like I said earlier, probably targeted by scum because of his low post count and considered an easy target to get a train going, which there was.

Saucy... I really felt played by the Grizzly vote and one of those reasons was Kaz's statement to look towards the people that voted for him once he flipped as town. I believed that then. Now, not so much.

*Splinter... Yeah, he has the double vote, but that doesn't clear him in my books. It could've been random. It could've been the result of a vote steal. Still unsure about the mechanic, but suspect for now.

Stuart... Still high on my list as scum. I see some mentions of him but not a lot of votes. On hold for now, but if I see a train going on him, I'd probably join.

flatearthpanda... Didn't like his waffling between Grizzly and Lux, both of which I believe were targets for scum (best vote and easy vote, respectively).

There was someone that was reading me as scum. Cant remember who it was and I don't wanna go through the posts right now. That person is on my suspect list.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So here's my theory, or as I intend the phrase to be understood, a suspicion pulled right out from my ass

If scum had a power to give a person a double-vote during a day, and that requried a person to place the vote publicly, then,

oh

well now that i've thought about it there really isn't a reason for fat4all to claim. let's go down this rabbit hole. I have no idea what to think so maybe it'll help me if I lay it out.

PROS OF CLAIMING:
-Reduced confusion on townside. An explanation in the hopes of bringing attention elsewhere.
-You reduce town wild mass guessing

CONS OF CLAIMING:
-Linking yourself to another player
-If that player is scum then you'll be thought of as scum
-If it's a scum power you benefit from town wild mass guessing
-You place a lot of attention and scrutiny upon yourself

hm

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
i thought a hangover would be the only mess i'd wake up to today

i gave *Splinter their double vote today, and I have one more double vote i can give away in the game

im a 2-shot town pulpit

my ability doesn't mention anything about a vote being taken from another player, so i didn't have anything to do with Kopite getting screwed over

if there is a vote block of some kind, I imagine its scum more than neutral/town

I'm not sure if I buy that scum knows what all the rooms do, I'd imagine that would make it too easy for them to fuck over town, I think they just got extremely lucky today
So, why did you choose Splinter?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
all right, i'll bite.

why
Like I said earlier when the Koplite vote cancel came up, I believed there was a possibility that scum's power was take someone's vote and give them to someone in scum.

The downside would of course be that it's a bit obvious what's going down, so that's why *Splinter said that he didn't know where it came from. We were just going by his word that it was out of nowhere.

I doubted his statement, that's all.

But now if it came from fat4all, then maybe it wasn't a vote steal mechanic, I think. He could still be scum, but not because of the reason I was thinking.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
So, why did you choose Splinter?
I liked their reads day one, and thought I could use it early as a way to nudge to them that I was town.

I was gonna make smaller illusions to it through the day, like this one (which I made before the double vote happened)
im gonna need double the tylenol* tonight

*tylenol is my nickname for boxed wine
but *Splinter showing the double, pushing the double as their ability, then retracting that after the partners came out, and the theory about vote stealing all popping up at the same time made me feel like its better to get out in the open now.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I liked their reads day one, and thought I could use it early as a way to nudge to them that I was town.

I was gonna make smaller illusions to it through the day, like this one (which I made before the double vote happened)

but *Splinter showing the double, pushing the double as their ability, then retracting that after the partners came out, and the theory about vote stealing all popping up at the same time made me feel like its better to get out in the open now.
protip: even if he is on your side, never trust splinter

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Oh, forgot someone.

Hecht... another one waffling between Grizzly and Lux. He was the one who started the train on Grizzly and I feel really played by him. My theory: Thinking that maybe it was a bit too obvious what he did, scum comes up with a plan to have no kill and then have Hecht claim he was saved by a town power, the vest. I think people are letting him off the hook too quickly about the Grizzly train.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
ok if Fat4All is telling the truth I'm inclined to believe he is town

Stupid town

but town nonetheless

Fat4all what are your thoughts on my lynch list

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
The no night kill was no big deal because they discovered that they were gonna get an extra lynch the following day with the vote steal in the dark room.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
The no night kill was no big deal because they discovered that they were gonna get an extra lynch the following day with the vote steal in the dark room.
That assumes they know what the rooms do. They can't suddenly reverse their actions during the night once they realize what the room does, after the face

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think we'd be seeing a completely different ball game if anyone in this game knew what the rooms did. more people acting like zippy on D1 for starters

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, forgot someone.

Hecht... another one waffling between Grizzly and Lux. He was the one who started the train on Grizzly and I feel really played by him. My theory: Thinking that maybe it was a bit too obvious what he did, scum comes up with a plan to have no kill and then have Hecht claim he was saved by a town power, the vest. I think people are letting him off the hook too quickly about the Grizzly train.
Could always be he claimed credit for someone else's thing.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but instead people arrive at a conclusion and stay there, as if they know something that we don't

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
That assumes they know what the rooms do. They can't suddenly reverse their actions during the night once they realize what the room does, after the face
They didn't have to know per se. People here guessed that it had something to do with votes. They could have gone with that and tried it out. They got very lucky.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
any other theories, einstein
Just a theory, man.

In the end, it's a game. We know the results of Day1 and most of Day2. Let's try and reconstruct how we could've gotten there with the clues that we have, taking into consideration some of the game mechanics that could've been used.

I don't think mafia knows the room mechanics. We chose the dark room pretty early in the game. Someone here deduced it had something to do with votes. They had a vote steal. It makes sense to try and put one and one together. It was a shot in the dark. It was a critical hit.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Just a theory, man.

In the end, it's a game. We know the results of Day1 and most of Day2. Let's try and reconstruct how we could've gotten there with the clues that we have, taking into consideration some of the game mechanics that could've been used.

I don't think mafia knows the room mechanics. We chose the dark room pretty early in the game. Someone here deduced it had something to do with votes. They had a vote steal. It makes sense to try and put one and one together. It was a shot in the dark. It was a critical hit.
that's neat

are you going to translate those thoughts into a vote?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you trying to push me into a vote?

My vote is my power in the game. I won't be pushed into using it when you or anyone else wants me to.

I'll use it when I'm ready.

I think he's trying to do it because if you don't have a vote in place by the end of today you die so it's important to even have a placeholder vote today

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Godfather... Not sure why he's leading on votes right now, but I know that he was on Koplite's list and maybe a reason why he was targeted. I'm inclined right now to vote for him.

Not sure why I'm leading in votes... but you're just blindly inclined to vote for me.

It's a real fucking mystery isn't it.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure why I'm leading in votes... but you're just blindly inclined to vote for me.

It's a real fucking mystery isn't it.
I'm inclined because you were on Koplite's list of possible scum.

However... maybe Koplite was chosen because he completely got things wrong. That way, we get sent on a wild goose chase looking at his list.

That is also a possibility.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
And I did notice that your paraphrased the text that you received.

When I asked kopite that same question, he responded with the actual text.
I did paraphrase my text.

Yeah, Zipped is dealing with a stomach bug, there's no reason to go after him right now.

I am feeling a lot better about Girlofgotham right now, she's asking good questions.
GoG is a good scum player who IMO can impersonate town really well.

FWIW, you can look at most of my voters and come to that same conclusion. Girlofgotham I wish people were looking at Kitsune harder in particular, but alas.
I find it unlikely that GF and Kits are both scum. If we lynch GF and he's scum I think Kits moves into almost town status.

Oh look, I found his reasoning from yesterday. It's a long post, but please do read the whole thing.
ffs
I'm a little worried about this post. I made comments and points to why I thought GF was scum and it appears as he's either being disingenuous to discredit my scumread of him, or worse that he just skimmed through my reads because he knew I was onto him.

I think WhySoDevious is probably town, if he was scum a lot of the newb question's he's asked would've been in scum chat IMO.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017

However... maybe Koplite was chosen because he completely got things wrong. That way, we get sent on a wild goose chase looking at his list.

While this is very WIFOM, I feel no one is really pushing for this (at least among the more experienced players) even now.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Why are you trying to push me into a vote?

My vote is my power in the game. I won't be pushed into using it when you or anyone else wants me to.

I'll use it when I'm ready.
That's cool. I mean voting is your only power, regardless of if it's end of day or not, but that's cool if you don't want to use it. I'm sure your suspects will react accordingly to your non-vote

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Just ignore Kopite for a second. Yes he's town, so we can trust that he BELIEVES what he's saying, but there's no evidence he's right. Does he have some reputation for skillful play that I'm not aware of? Chances are he's wrong, like most of town will be on D1 and 2. So just remove that variable and look at the actions of myself and the people voting for me, then tell me who comes out scummier. Even if you don't want to ignore the kopite variable, go back and review why he thinks I'm scum to begin with.

I'm just asking for town to do a little bit of their own thinking today, instead of sheeping all over the place.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
godfather's whole play has been extremely self centered and arrogant when questioned and he never really sticks the landing when trying to criticize players for suspecting him, instead just coming across as "i think you're scum because you criticized my play"