• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
...honestly im still down for a godfathet lynch, the power role just aint worth it.

It wouldnt be the smart play but it would feel nice.

P.s slept like 3 hours fuckin wooooooo

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kaz:

Most voted for:
stuart444 (2)
aeleus (1)
luxcommander (1)
grizzly (1)
melonrabbit (1) (turmoil)

that's 3 townies from my pov

Vote:saucykaz

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be honest, I'm where I am right now because I think that last minute Grizz train yesterday was extremely suspicious and probably distracting from us getting close to a scum PR.

I also think Hecht isn't being totally honest about what happened last night, but I can't prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt. I think he's lying and trying to get a town PR that can protect to counter-claim. Scum is already in a position where they can not only catch up to where they are supposed to be kill-wise at the EoD but surpass it. They're going from a turn behind to a turn ahead of where they are supposed to be because of the room/Kopite combo. Despite being no kill last night they're going to end the day with two dead townies no matter what they do.

Godfather claimed while I was typing this all up, and if I'm honest I'm not sure about the claim. Godfather so you just know who used their powers last night? Is that correct?

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
what do you make of the claim? Despite being a watcher, he's still causing more noise for town and not being helpful.

If truth, it's a good role.

But just not sure if I believe him considering all this noise from him.
It's super vague at the moment. Still digesting but that's my gut reaction.

I don't want a PR outed but how do we believe without info? This is a frustrating one

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
...honestly im still down for a godfathet lynch, the power role just aint worth it.

It wouldnt be the smart play but it would feel nice.

P.s slept like 3 hours fuckin wooooooo
So how does town watcher usually work? They can see everyone who used powers last night or only whoever they focused on?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be honest, I'm where I am right now because I think that last minute Grizz train yesterday was extremely suspicious and probably distracting from us getting close to a scum PR.

I also think Hecht isn't being totally honest about what happened last night, but I can't prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt. I think he's lying and trying to get a town PR that can protect to counter-claim. Scum is already in a position where they can not only catch up to where they are supposed to be kill-wise at the EoD but surpass it. They're going from a turn behind to a turn ahead of where they are supposed to be because of the room/Kopite combo. Despite being no kill last night they're going to end the day with two dead townies no matter what they do.

Godfather claimed while I was typing this all up, and if I'm honest I'm not sure about the claim. Godfather so you just know who used their powers last night? Is that correct?
No, I know one specific person who used their power, and on whom, but I don't know what the power was, but due to them not dying, and Hecht's claim, I'm reasonably sure it wasn't scum night kill.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

I've generally town read them this game and this only reinforces that. Their play that has annoyed other people hasn't bothered me and that's probably changed my opinion compared to other people.

Maybe they are actually scum but lynching them today is an awful idea, just like yesterday. Maybe when the argument against them isn't purely emotional and based on reads and actual data I'll change my mind.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
So how does town watcher usually work? They can see everyone who used powers last night or only whoever they focused on?
Its as he said, a tracker picks one player and is told if that player visited someone in the night, but not told exactly what they did.
Did he claim besides the "hints at power, no I didn't at power!!"?
...wah?
He said he can prove it, which i think is pretty certain to happen given everyones maintained suspicion of him if these early reactions are anything to go by

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its as he said, a tracker picks one player and is told if that player visited someone in the night, but not told exactly what they did.

...wah?
He said he can prove it, which i think is pretty certain to happen given everyones maintained suspicion of him if these early reactions are anything to go by
Im not a tracker. I'm a watcher.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wait, the proving it means the screwing the other towny over? Fuk i glissed over that completely.

Go easy im barely awake

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
the wiki says a watcher can be any alignment so this doesn't exactly prove towniness. It does hurt town if he's on town side

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would telling us who the PR visited be worthwhile? Would that be safe?

I'm just throwing ideas out into the wind here
I don't know. They might have copped the player or doused them or any number of other things. I've been watching them and honestly haven't been able to figure out what they did.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
OK, I think I believe godfather for right now. So I'm just going to jump on the other train and hope it hits scum.

vote: LuxCommander

I'm still really unsure about Hecht's claim, but that doesn't seem to be going anywhere at the moment. Plus I know I'm not scum, so this is really the only move I can make.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I was a scum watcher I would have just claimed something else and killed the PR tonight without anyone knowing we found them.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ah he claimed watcher, sorry I am catching up, I will clarify my previous post later.

I believe it

Claim time

I am the sleepwalker

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Why did you claim? You didn't need to! You weren't in any danger!

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Unless Godfather is going to come in here and say he was watching turmoil last night this does nothing but tell scum that turmoil doesn't have a useful PR.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can see some reason to claim it, because it does throw off PRs a little, but I think that was a mistake overall.

FWIW, turmoil is not the person I saw.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am a negative utility

Making a watcher claim seem more legit is maybe everything I can do with my power

Also better now than several days down the road when it will be suspicious

"Sure it was a carefully crafted fakeclaim with all the things we know of the setup now!" <- scum and some townies in a different timeline

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I can see some reason to claim it, because it does throw off PRs a little, but I think that was a mistake overall.

FWIW, turmoil is not the person I saw.
I actually believe you more now. Had you claimed it was him then there was a possibility that you two were scum and trying to use this to get town credit.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Stu don't you remember that Donna/chugger were a sleepwalker on Brexit 2? (Just a drive by comment, don't thing forgetting it is anything nefarious)

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually believe you more now. Had you claimed it was him then there was a possibility that you two were scum and trying to use this to get town credit.
I actually briefly wondered if turmoil was lying and this was a gambit to get me to claim against false info, it that's some high level fuckery and town should really avoid lying.