• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Still thinking about wanting to lynch B-Dubs or saenima today.

A lot of people never touched the Lux vote yesterday, though. And of the ones that did I'd be wary of the ones the voted early for Lux to be seen as gaining townie cred - Stanley and Zipped.

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It'd be unfair to punish players for their timezone or for simply not showing up in the last five hours of a Day phase. If any of them end up with a vote on Lux at EoD, they won't be punished for it.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Girlofgotham Why your vote for FEP? He was waffling on Day 1 between Grizzly and Lux. He was cutting it real close. Do you believe that was just a move to get townie cred? Or was he just waffling between two trains?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm still writing my post don't worry. it'll be an as it happens thing so you'll get my train of thought, which is why it's taking so long to write as i'm commenting along the way

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

SaucyKaz (5 votes)
Aeleus - #1,731 #3,178
Stuart444 - #1,796 #2,929
BronsonLee - #1,916 #2,567
*Splinter - #2,869 (Double)
turmoil7 - #2,947 #3,170
Stuart444 - #3,010
BronsonLee - #3,137
B-Dubs - #3,141

LuxCommander (5 votes)
flatearthpandas - #1,876
Zippedpinhead - #2,121
SaucyKaz - #2,598
Fat4all - #2,828
Kalor - #2,889 #3,169
Godfather - #2,911
B-Dubs - #2,971 #3,141

flatearthpandas (3 votes)
saenima - #2,098 #2,655
Muffin - #3,207
weemadarthur - #3,234
Girlofgotham - #3,238

B-Dubs (2 votes)
Hecht - #1,967 #2,617
Hecht - #2,617
Girlofgotham - #2,724 #3,238
Godfather - #2,725 #2,911
LuxCommander - #2,854 #2,854
WhySoDevious - #2,856 #3,226
StanleyPalmtree - #2,861

WhySoDevious (2 votes)
Kalor - #3,169
saenima - #3,193

weemadarthur (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #2,665 #2,947
turmoil7 - #3,170

Godfather (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,739
Kopite - #2,501 #2,511
B-Dubs - #2,528 #2,971
Muffin - #2,649 #3,168
saenima - #2,655 #3,193
BronsonLee - #2,729 #2,939
weemadarthur - #2,806 #3,234
Stuart444 - #2,929 #3,010
BronsonLee - #2,940 #3,137

*Splinter (1 votes)
Z-Beat - #2,805

Hecht (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #1,906 #2,665

Stuart444 (0 votes)
SaucyKaz - #1,800 #2,242
*Splinter - #2,141 (Double) #2,278

Z-Beat (0 votes)
LuxCommander - #2,101 #2,854

turmoil7 (0 votes)
Kalor - #2,675 #2,889
*Splinter - #2,868 (Double) #2,869

Aeleus (0 votes)
SaucyKaz - #2,242 #2,499
*Splinter - #2,278 (Double) #2,283
Kalor - #2,404 #2,431

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Hecht - #1,742 #1,967
Godfather - #1,781 #2,725

Post Counts:
Hecht: 181 Godfather: 146 Stuart444: 96 Kitsunelaine: 94 B-Dubs: 93 SaucyKaz: 86 BronsonLee: 86 saenima: 85 *Splinter: 83 Fat4all: 75 Girlofgotham: 73 Kalor: 55 Muffin: 51 Aeleus: 51 WhySoDevious: 51 turmoil7: 43 StanleyPalmtree: 31 Z-Beat: 30 weemadarthur: 22 Kopite: 20 flatearthpandas: 20 LuxCommander: 15 Zippedpinhead: 10 Grizzly: 1

Current Countdown:
cpt1q7f14u

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
those two, and to a lesser extent, Muffin, have been on me all day for my claim
my guess is frustrated scum trying to get me lynched since they couldn't shoot me

I think your claim hurts town. It's as simple as that. Before your claim, you started the Grizz train, which we pretty much confirmed was a scum train. Do you have an actual scum read on me beyond OMGUS?

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I think your claim hurts town. It's as simple as that. Before your claim, you started the Grizz train, which we pretty much confirmed was a scum train. Do you have an actual scum read on me beyond OMGUS?
how was the grizz train confirmed to be a scum train?

Grizzly (9 votes)
*Splinter - #750 #924
*Splinter - #925
Hecht - #931 #1,378
Kalor - #1,262 #1,559
Hecht - #1,386 #1,575
turmoil7 - #1,568
Aeleus - #1,592
Hecht - #1,604 #1,610
WhySoDevious - #1,617
weemadarthur - #1,626
flatearthpandas - #1,641 #1,674
SaucyKaz - #1,652
Hecht - #1,670
Kitsunelaine - #1,671
flatearthpandas - #1,674 #1,684
flatearthpandas - #1,696

Name one person on this list that has been confirmed to be scum

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how was the grizz train confirmed to be a scum train?

Grizzly (9 votes)
*Splinter - #750 #924
*Splinter - #925
Hecht - #931 #1,378
Kalor - #1,262 #1,559
Hecht - #1,386 #1,575
turmoil7 - #1,568
Aeleus - #1,592
Hecht - #1,604 #1,610
WhySoDevious - #1,617
weemadarthur - #1,626
flatearthpandas - #1,641 #1,674
SaucyKaz - #1,652
Hecht - #1,670
Kitsunelaine - #1,671
flatearthpandas - #1,674 #1,684
flatearthpandas - #1,696

Name one person on this list that has been confirmed to be scum

We're getting to it.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust the dubs train. I don't trust the kaz train.

THIS IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER AS I READ POST SO IF ANYTHING HAPPENS YOU'LL GET MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT RESPONSE (I think that's the best way to absorb this info)

LuxCommander - #2,854

WhySoDevious - #2,856

StanleyPalmtree - #2,861

GEE THIS LOOKS FAMILIAR

When you see a rapid fire pull on someone it's usually:

Scum pull

Massive coincidence

They did something super egregious and it's very obvious to everybody

How are we feeling RE: pink v purple?

These are good posts. Stan I kind of town-read thanks to my argument with him (and when you have scum busses, town tend to sheep them) but Devious is looking more and more, well, devious, every day.

People are going after you cos you were wrong about me being scum. Odd that isn't it? Cos if you're half as good as you would have us believe you wouldn't have got that horribly wrong. Sounds scummy as hell to me.

(this post is in response to Godfather)
I agree with the sentiment on display here

Luxcommander was also a Grizzly target. I do feel like he's our best choice st this point for a lot of reasons but I was really hoping he'd show up more today to clear things up.

Yup, me too. I was hoping that if he was going to be AFK most of the time he'd offer his slot up to somebody else, which is why I thought he deserved another chance to do so. That way someone else would get to play. The fact that he's still AFK for most of D2 without having done worries me. Maybe he's half busy and half coasting?

DND I WANNA PLAY WHAAAAAAT

I need to find a game to play, I've never played it but bought the starter set and more dice

Yes this is a tangent but we had to deal with 3 hours of whatever the fuck that Kit/Stan convo was so I'm allowing it

I have two campaigns in a row that I'm playing in today lmao

I'm not opposed to a Lux vote but a reminder for my Dubs reasoning:

He didn't give any reasoning for vote yesteday and his vote was super late on. Also seemed to be avoiding one of the 2 frontrunners.

Also there was no reasoning for his vote today - then when I asked, he just said "the kopite thing".

These are some good reasons for the Dubs train. Makes me less suspect of it. Only less though. Not "non".

I don't like Godfather's arrogance. You don't self-claim that you're a good player. That's like self-claiming that you're a freethinker or a rationalist or a philosopher. It's a title you earn, a title that gets said about you, not a title that you claim for yourself. That it's frequently combined with what basically ammounts to personal insults towards other players is troubling me on an out of game level.

Lol, Town is fucking clown shoes.

I have limited time before I need to go to puppy training class and run other errands, and I don't believe in claiming in the last 2 or so hours when people may not have time to react.

So I'm town watcher. I can verify that if needed, but that outs another power role who hasn't claimed. There is a chance this player is scum, but they're generally town read by myself and others who have commented so I am very reluctant to out them. If town is still being dumb by the time I get back, I will reveal the info regardless, but only scum have an interest in that happening. My info does not reinforce or counter fat4all, Hecht, or *splinter.

Have fun, y'all!

i'm sorry what. i'll have to look that up. ...Okay yeah, this role is easy to prove. I've been in scum games where that's been my role. This feels really convenient. Reeeeeeeeally convenient.

the only explanation for GF being so obtuse is that he's gonna claim town power role

lmao

I'm going to be honest, I'm where I am right now because I think that last minute Grizz train yesterday was extremely suspicious and probably distracting from us getting close to a scum PR.

I also think Hecht isn't being totally honest about what happened last night, but I can't prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt. I think he's lying and trying to get a town PR that can protect to counter-claim. Scum is already in a position where they can not only catch up to where they are supposed to be kill-wise at the EoD but surpass it. They're going from a turn behind to a turn ahead of where they are supposed to be because of the room/Kopite combo. Despite being no kill last night they're going to end the day with two dead townies no matter what they do.

Godfather claimed while I was typing this all up, and if I'm honest I'm not sure about the claim. Godfather so you just know who used their powers last night? Is that correct?

A good post from B-Dubs. Even if I disagree with the Hecht stuff, it's important to have theories out there that can be used later. A sign of interaction with the game.

No, I know one specific person who used their power, and on whom, but I don't know what the power was, but due to them not dying, and Hecht's claim, I'm reasonably sure it wasn't scum night kill.

Yep that's how I remember it working

I've generally town read them this game and this only reinforces that. Their play that has annoyed other people hasn't bothered me and that's probably changed my opinion compared to other people.

Maybe they are actually scum but lynching them today is an awful idea, just like yesterday. Maybe when the argument against them isn't purely emotional and based on reads and actual data I'll change my mind.

these are bad responses to suspicions over GF

GF was pushed to claim because he was acting super suspicious and might not have lasted out the day if he hadn't. that's gotten me lynched as a town PR before. And I do believe that at the time I was acting almost as arrogantly as he was. To me it's extremely NAI and read in context with his behaviour it's not looking good for him.

OK, I think I believe godfather for right now. So I'm just going to jump on the other train and hope it hits scum.

vote: LuxCommander

I'm still really unsure about Hecht's claim, but that doesn't seem to be going anywhere at the moment. Plus I know I'm not scum, so this is really the only move I can make.

Dubs seems to be laying on the suspicion pretty thick about Hecht. If we eventually lynch Hecht we may need to go back and look at the posters pushing for said lynch depending on the flip. That might be a good flip to see at some point.

Ah he claimed watcher, sorry I am catching up, I will clarify my previous post later.

I believe it

Claim time

I am the sleepwalker

WHY IS EVERYONE CLAIMING

LOOK I SAID "IS ANYONE GONNA CLAIM" AT THE START OF D2 I DIDN'T SAY "IS *EVERYBODY* GOING TO CLAIM"

I am a negative utility

Making a watcher claim seem more legit is maybe everything I can do with my power

Also better now than several days down the road when it will be suspicious

"Sure it was a carefully crafted fakeclaim with all the things we know of the setup now!" <- scum and some townies in a different timeline

So here's how I look at it
A) you can back up Godfather as town by watching him and confirming
B) you can back up Godfather as scum by lying about a role you don't have and one that he has as scum because he can feed you the information in scum chat
C) You could be telling the truth and giving Godfather the ability to claim with your info in order to save his ass

Maybe Godfather is being so arrogant about his play because he's doing well as a scum and that's feeding into his public performance?

I actually believe you more now. Had you claimed it was him then there was a possibility that you two were scum and trying to use this to get town credit.

B-Dubs is giving me all of the wrong vibes just believing all of this without question. Not a pro-townie mentality. Feels almost like they expected it to happen and are bolstering it. They're believing, without question, Godfather's claim, but not Hecht's? That feels weird to me, but maybe that's because I scumread GF and townread Hecht. Hecht seems to be a useful player this game and I like that.

and for the record, D2 has NOT helped us at all. so many claims gives scum a lot of info to use. x.x

Yup. I don't like this. Man, what even IS this game.

Godfather claimed early to save himself, I'm not buying it but I could also be all the way down the rabbit hole on them

turmoil's claim seems weird

Hecht's claim seems unnecessary

I think the following happened:

Godfather/Kaz got close to getting lynched D1, sowed enough chaos to get a tie/Grizzly lynched in the end

That likely won't work again

They're both pretty close to the chopping line, so new tactic

I'm liking BronsonLee more and more this game, but that might just be because I agree with him, which is a really vapid excuse on my part

I'm okaying with any room except gray green or purple.

I'm still pushing for getting the worst rooms out of the way early game (personally seems to be the red room for me) so that late game we have less what-the-fucks to deal with but it looks like that's not going to happen lol

Not sure. After the mod telling-offing GF seems to have cooled his jets so idk. I don't like any of this. Current behaviour doesn't exactly negate past behaviour.

Like in D1 I will also swap my vote last minute to break a tie if need be

cosigned

Nah man I'm not buying that claim.

"Whatever would the benefit be in me claiming this as scum?"

I'll tell you what, you were high on the lynch list before and are trying to save yourself. And you can also keep telling us bs about movements to throw us off. Not a bad play when you're already a target in towns eyes.

THAT'S A GOOD-ASS POST

All right I'm feeling a little bit of pressure so I'll come clean, I'm the doctor...

YOU'RE TELLING ME SCUM GOT THE TOWN DOCTOR?!?!

sdfsadagsfasddadfsadasfdasdf

There's no reason to lie here, because we'll find out at the flip. what the fuck is this game.

Get me off this ride pls

IT'S THE RIDE THAT NEVER ENDS

I wake up every morning to new fuckery to process for the rest of the day argh

WHY IS EVERYONE CLAIMING

I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS

A doctor/lover role seems like it would be way too OP. I'm betting on there being a doctor and scum trying, desperately, to flush them out.

How would this work? ... Hm. Actually I can kind of see it. Lovers don't know each other's alignments, right? Could be a last minute gambit w/scum about to lose a role.

But that means aeleus is scum! And he's dead today and will flip. That makes no fucking sense.

Actually wait yeah. Scum would know if they were lovers and thus wouldn't target Kopite.

Fat being not counterclaimed and the double vote existing makes fat a Confirmed Town so saying using his reads makes someone scummy is an insane take.

I do not buy this one bit

A fake watcher can't make up movements, other people confirm them!

unless the watcher is scum and the tracker is scum and that tracker feeds scum!watcher the information to use

i'm Elaine

A fake watcher who was very likely to be lynched today can use the claim to survive one day more at least, and might use a scummate to confirm a fake action, but the latters risky. More likely it's just an actual scum watcher who tells the truth about movements to get town cred.

oh good I'm not the only one

The shot came from within the confusion. No one could see who took it - but everyone saw the body hitting the floor right after that.
The usual procedures followed.
LuxCommander has died!
These were the contents of the envelope they died trying to hide:

Lux was scum?! Christ. I feel bad about defending him now. I still stand behind my sentiments D1 though. We didn't have a reason to lynch and it personally bugs me how unaware we as a community are of real life issues (even if the user posts them) or timezones (as evidenced by the people here bugging me at like 6am). That being said-- Woo, we got a Scum PR! That grizzly train looks suspect as shit now.

Now dont claim if you still have shots mate unless you're in immediate danger of being lynched

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay I'm going to split this post in two it's getting too big there's too much shit hold on to your butts

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
actually this conclusion on my part makes no sense to me now because that would require scum knowing that D2 would be a no-vote-lynch-day which i've already said is bullshit so
You seemed to have missed where I said it was a joke, once again apologies town (not to scum I hope your hopes were sent sky high) I really didn't think anyone would possibly take it seriously

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
vIKMoye.gif

I TOLD YOU LOSERS THERE WAS SCUM ON ME

UNVOTE

I'll drop a vote on anyone but Godfather at like 3:50 or something, I just zipped down the page for red text. I don't have the time to catch up.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AS IT HAPPENS THOUGHT TRAIN POST PART II: THE QUICKENING

Yeah people who left the Lux train late look pretty bad now

cosigned

He looks mad suspect after yesterday. If we could get him tomorrow we should.

COSIGNED (wait this was a B-Dubs post uh I mean SUSPECT! SUSPEEEEEEEEEECT not really this is a good post I agree with it)

Yeah, I'm rethinking my vote now too. With that new information several people look way worse than some possible scum watcher gambit (which I still think is possible, but eh)

UNVOTE

Honestly yes, I agree here. time to put my vote where my mouth is

VOTE: flatearthpandas

May as well go for the vote that stuck out the most yesterday. I don't think Kaz is scum.

Vote: flatearthpandas

I'm gonna ask you to elaborate and if you do elaborate in a future post i haven't read I'll respond to it here k

Forgetting Kitsune here, was on GF before that but might have gone to Grizz with that timing to save Lux too.

not gonna blame you for thinking that but I really really didn't like the reasons we were voting for lux, they brought up incredibly bad memories of being lynched while I was oversleeping simply because I was unable to account for myself at the time and people had US-timezone blinders on

it's not something you'd understand if you haven't experienced it and it fuckin' blows and i got sympathy pains and there wasn't really time to express that fully in the EoD1 chaos

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Godfather: I won't dare vote for Kaz
Kaz: I won't dare vote for Godfather

Me: That's fine I'll fucking vote for you both

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
FEP moved up the rankings faster than I assumed, I thought we'd have to wait until tomorrow for that flip.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Yesterday I said that what really got the ball rolling was the three rapid votes for Grizzly from wee, Devious, and fep

Any of those three could be scum, hell, two of the three could be scum

but fep shuffleboarding their vote as well at the end of the day, saving a scum roleblocker?

yeah, that's suss as fuck

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Yesterday I said that what really got the ball rolling was the three rapid votes for Grizzly from wee, Devious, and fep

Any of those three could be scum, hell, two of the three could be scum

but fep shuffleboarding their vote as well at the end of the day, saving a scum roleblocker?

yeah, that's suss as fuck
Yeah I'm definitely warming up to a fep lynch. Of the others though wee is the most sus to me

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
god, im still shaking from that Lux hit

whoever shot Lux, i owe you one virtual kiss

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
What's the reasoning for the votes on Kaz?

Well I pointed out posts from him yesterday. And his reaction to votes on him didn't help.

And today his OMGUS vote and stuff is just unhelpful. I feel he's a scum making noise. Hell with Lux being a RB, maybe Kaz is a weaker role so he wouldn't have minded acting like that to become a better lynch candidate than Lux was.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this what happens when I go to sleep?

Fat being not counterclaimed and the double vote existing makes fat a Confirmed Town so saying using his reads makes someone scummy is an insane take.

That wasn't what I was saying at all. I was under the assumption initially that the double vote was owned by splinter, not given to him. That was what was keeping me away from suspecting him because of the inconsistencies on his grizz read. I wasn't town reading Grizz either but the way he went about it didn't really make sense to me.
I had one. Unvoted.

Deciding between grizz and splinter

Grizz seems likely but I don't think splinter's reasoning for it is fully sound (grizz voted lux because of melon so commending him on observing that but also condemning it when it resulted in a vote seems contradictory "good job on calling out melon's voters but I don't like that you voted for lux for being one of melon's voters")

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kitsune has been terrible all game still. Sorry, I haven't had time to go back to the votes again yet. I'm still catching up from the dayvig.
I don't like Godfather's arrogance. You don't self-claim that you're a good player. That's like self-claiming that you're a freethinker or a rationalist or a philosopher. It's a title you earn, a title that gets said about you, not a title that you claim for yourself. That it's frequently combined with what basically ammounts to personal insults towards other players is troubling me on an out of game level.

tread carefully GF

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: kitsunelaine

Really not sure if she's scum but, but I'd like to rub in how wrong she's been at a minimum. Oooh day 1 so much chaos well never learn anything waaaah.

Otherwise I'm still two pages behind, and doing this on mobile from a steak and shake.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'll pull the Godfather train if it gets started for two reasons

1: hella scum read
2: even if he's town, noise noise noise and none of it good, he's a detriment

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit, part of why I'm not already on the FEPs train is that I've wrongly suspected him before. It could be fully possible that he is scum this time, but prior false reads give me pause here. The other part is I figured we wouldn't get the votes this phase.

vote: flatearthpandas

Between the scummy voting at the end of D1 and their whole "If anyone is scum reading me they must be scum" thing I probably should have just forgotten any misgivings and jumped on from the start.

All that and I definitely don't want today to end in a tie. The only reason this is even tied is *Splinter's double vote and I don't totally trust him either.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Despite being weary of them, I don't have enough to push a Devious lynch so I'll pick from the top two. As I've said, I don't think Kaz is the right choice.

Vote: flatearthpandas

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I will say I dislike the FEP train because he's not here to defend himself and hasn't been here at all since the claim.

And it's all because of his timezone. It feels utterly shit to me.