• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Town can definitely have multiple roles with vests depending on the amount of killing roles. It makes sense for Palmer since he has a useful role then Hecht is just someone to absorb shots from scum. We already know that there's some kind of day shot alongside the normal mafia kill.

Hmm, that's a good point. Would a day shot traditionally kill a bulletporof role or is it just a night kill thing?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Passive, and no I cannot give them away.
I see...you know, it's just that, I thought they were vests so you could pass them to other players and that's why they had multiple shots. At least that's how it usually is according to the wiki
The Bulletproof Vest, which is the 'Bulletproof' modifier in item form. The Vest can be passed from player to player (usually at Night), and any player is protected from being killed while they hold the vest.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I see...you know, it's just that, I thought they were vests so you could pass them to other players and that's why they had multiple shots. At least that's how it usually is according to the wiki
It doesn't actually say "vest" in my PM. I feel like the terms are generally interchangeable.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Group B:
5. Muffin
6. Z-Beat

Lean scum:z-beat, muffin
tumblr_m8pg0n5zF51rdutw3o1_500.gif

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming you're doing this for Group A's benefit so they don't end up killing you but I still found it hilarious

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Turmoil's role claim was very plausible alongside godfather's claim of being a general watcher. Since he turned out a self watcher only, it is now suspect and i've moved him down from town read to null.

Bronson is town imo. Fat, good choice.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to repeat what i posited yesterday. I don't remember anyone replying to the thought. Would like some feedback please? If my theory is correct it could use up a 'safe' room but identify 2 others for late game usage.

So in case people had trouble understanding yesterday's drunk posts i'll repeat what i said.

In the room info, we have 3 rooms that reference "voices". It seemed reasonable that we had chats. Since we had a verified lovers claim, i think that is an even stronger possibility. My expectation goes like this:

Green Room - "The voices will be pacified." (Lover )Roles don't work that phase
Yellow Room - "The voices will also protect." The lovers are bulletproof this phase
Orange Room - "Noise will muddle the voices." The lover chat is closed this phase

Which I am suggesting that we test this theory by picking any of these 3 rooms to see if we get things that only apply to dead people. In theory voices could also refer to OTHER chats, including scum chat, which would suggest we should try that room. But i don't believe that yellow would give bulletproof to an entire scum team, so it's iffy.

The other possibility of "voices" is just....power roles. Which, green would stop them working, yellow would be beneficial, but orange in that case could mean Switcher Madness, a horrifying prospect.

So I suggest we do the Yellow Room and see if it gives us a vanilla modifier phase given that they are dead before it applies.

move: yellow room

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to repeat what i posited yesterday. I don't remember anyone replying to the thought. Would like some feedback please? If my theory is correct it could use up a 'safe' room but identify 2 others for late game usage.
I still say voices are votes. Those are all way too specific to a single role.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't fully agree on the specifics but I did also vote for yellow.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Maybe. "voices" might mean chats or it could be votes, or something else entirely. I think the only one I'd consider there is Orange since maybe it closes scum chat?
I'm currently wondering what "fates" means with respect to the blue room. "fates" to me would probably have something to do with a player's fate - i.e. death - so maybe there's a revive in play in that room? Maybe "fates" are roles and maybe everyone is vanilla in that one.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently wondering what "fates" means with respect to the blue room. "fates" to me would probably have something to do with a player's fate - i.e. death - so maybe there's a revive in play in that room? Maybe "fates" are roles and maybe everyone is vanilla in that one.

I'll admit, I'm super curious about that one.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not feeling too hot right now so I don't think I'll be checking in too frequently.

I'll be more active tomorrow when I'm stuck in front of a computer all day.

Some people are reading me scum. I'm not. I'm just a dumb noob overthinking too much. I was looking at the votes from D1 and early Day2 yesterday and I just couldn't believe Kaz being scum.

Can someone answer this... what exactly did Lux do to get killed like that? What was so obvious that somebody risked that shot?

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not feeling too hot right now so I don't think I'll be checking in too frequently.

I'll be more active tomorrow when I'm stuck in front of a computer all day.

Some people are reading me scum. I'm not. I'm just a dumb noob overthinking too much. I was looking at the votes from D1 and early Day2 yesterday and I just couldn't believe Kaz being scum.

Can someone answer this... what exactly did Lux do to get killed like that? What was so obvious that somebody risked that shot?
He was as good as dead on D1 until the final rush to Grizz. Maybe our dayvig can check alignment too.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Silence is the lack of voices. From there we can presume that voices are votes. If all those are just referring to the lovers then that's way too specific.
well silence does imply that *something* was silenced, and "voices" seems like a likely candidate
If that's true, orange is probably hidden votes.
.....I can't even guess whether it would be better to use that up early or leave it til the end....

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I assumed it was because we'd just end up running through the "kaz or lux" conversation again otherwise, but there may have been something there that I should look into.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
If that's true, orange is probably hidden votes.
.....I can't even guess whether it would be better to use that up early or leave it til the end....
I might skip that one altogether. Yellow seems like it would be a good pick next, protect someone from a nightkill (if that's what it does).

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe. "voices" might mean chats or it could be votes, or something else entirely. I think the only one I'd consider there is Orange since maybe it closes scum chat?
Players went to spec, not some interim holding room.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
WSD is giving me CoolestSpot in Berserk vives, playing the dumb noob role very well then turns out he was a framer or something and fucked us bad.

(Berserk was Coolest and mine's first game, he framed one of our cops the first night when the second cop checked on it, we lynched the first cop and next day the second one :x)

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
WSD is giving me CoolestSpot in Berserk vives, playing the dumb noob role very well then turns out he was a framer or something and fucked us bad.

(Berserk was Coolest and mine's first game, he framed one of our cops the first night when the second cop checked on it, we lynched the first cop and next day the second one :x)

wow. That's... actually quite masterful for CS XD (sorry CS. <3)

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, good point. I suppose that could be the vanilla room if "fates" = "roles." I do find it odd that it doesn't seem to have a "sister room."

Seems specific.

Fates could change could be giving PRs out. Maybe any Vanilla's in play gets a PR? Maybe everyone gets a new PR on top of any current PRs?

Just a few thoughts.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Since I am having a Berserk PSTD episode rn, I will mention that Zipped isn't inspiring confidence to me, don't know, he usually is more sharp than this, I have to read him carefully later and make a read

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
(since normally people tend to ask for spec after being killed I mean and getting it quickly)
Last time I got NKed in a game I didn't find out until start of the day.

If my guess is right then it'd be a good room to pick considering we have to do two lynches today.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure about what room I want since D3 isn't early game anymore. I wanted to get the red room out of the way early because it sounded like the worst but I don't know if I still want it since this is what the other "wall" room does

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Last time I got NKed in a game I didn't find out until start of the day.

If my guess is right then it'd be a good room to pick considering we have to do two lynches today.

hmm.

but then wouldn't that cause both people to be revived? People who's flip won't be revealed until the end of the day.

Seems like a big risk actually if it is revive based.

But that seems so unlikely to me that we shouldn't consider it... maybe.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
hmm.

but then wouldn't that cause both people to be revived? People who's flip won't be revealed until the end of the day.

Seems like a big risk actually if it is revive based.

But that seems so unlikely to me that we shouldn't consider it... maybe.
I think he's talking about people killed during the night, not today's lynch