• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Kalor

I don't like his "all 3" comment. For much the same reasons as I don't like Hecht's "Vests" nod.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Right, it might even give us info
Or, Hecht/his teammate gets powered up and they're trying to bribe town into it with sowing seeds of a revive.
Hecht has done nothing in this whole game that wasn't centered on self preservation and i'm saying he isn't town.

Mind you he could be a neutral, i can't tell scum from neutral necessarily, but i'm certainly going to the blue room because he "finds it intriguing".

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kalor Stuart444 What is your current opinion on Hecht's claim? I think it makes no sense to claim so early for him as scum, it would be just a gambit, but maybe I am missing something here

But I think this scenario is he most likely

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Or, Hecht/his teammate gets powered up and they're trying to bribe town into it with sowing seeds of a revive.

What power up do you think he could get from it? Sounds like that would focus on also believing the "Scum know what the rooms do" thing.

Mind you he could be a neutral, i can't tell scum from neutral necessarily, but i'm certainly going to the blue room because he "finds it intriguing".

Or that is indeed a thought. Maybe a Neutral that exits the game if the Blue room gets picked?

Maybe the fates is the neutral being allowed to leave the game instead of staying and suffering (and losing if the blue room doesn't get picked)?

Just a thought.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Y'all acting like I've already voted for blue. I was just talking about it, I don't know where I want to go yet.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
@Kalor @Stuart444 What is your current opinion on Hecht's claim? I think it makes no sense to claim so early for him as scum, it would be just a gambit, but maybe I am missing something here

His claim early doesn't make sense to me as scum or town. As town, you'd want to leave scum guessing "Was it a Doctor or was it a BP?"

He gave out unnecessary info.

The neutral thought above could be it. maybe a Neutral BP with the wincon of getting the blue door picked? I mean MafiEra had a wincon for a neutral where they had to get Pineapple Pizza picked so this could be a similar situation except they have a BP to give them a chance of reaching that goal.

But the way he claimed wasn't helpful for town.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Talking about it could easily be read as reading the room. throwing out something to see how others feel and if you can get a bandwagon onto it.
It's not the first time I've mentioned it. I said roughly the same thing about it on D1 when we were talking about what we thought the rooms did. Most people just seem to be talking about the sister rooms and never the one that doesn't seem to have one, hence I brought it up.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
His claim early doesn't make sense to me as scum or town. As town, you'd want to leave scum guessing "Was it a Doctor or was it a BP?"

He gave out unnecessary info.

The neutral thought above could be it. maybe a Neutral BP with the wincon of getting the blue door picked? I mean MafiEra had a wincon for a neutral where they had to get Pineapple Pizza picked so this could be a similar situation except they have a BP to give them a chance of reaching that goal.

But the way he claimed wasn't helpful for town.
I can see some some reasons to do it as town:
-he wouldn't know if there is a doctor, so if there is one, he is telling him "careful there mate, maybe your heal target wasn't scum's target(the doctor wouldn't need to expose themselves trying to save that player)" or more contrived, what if the doctor healed scum on N1 and they spends the whole game defending a scum player...
-His role may not be very powerful, for all we know he could be a 1-shot, what if he wanted to share his info with town in case anything happened to him?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I can see some some reasons to do it as town:
-he wouldn't know if there is a doctor, so if there is one, he is telling him "careful there mate, maybe your heal target wasn't scum's target(the doctor wouldn't need to expose themselves trying to save that player)" or more contrived, what if the doctor healed scum on N1 and they spends the whole game defending a scum player...
-His role may not be very powerful, for all we know he could be a 1-shot, what if he wanted to share his info with town in case anything happened to him?

He kept quiet on the X-shot (earlier today he said more than 1 less than 4, before today, he wouldn't say/avoid saying how many uses he had).

As to the first point, it's still giving more info to scum which is bad no matter what. A doctor using their power on a town BP is still better than giving Scum more info when you WANT scum to keep guessing. "Maybe we should shoot him again? Maybe It's a Doctor who can't protect the same target twice in a row" or something.

Scum guessing is good. giving info like that is only good for him as self preservation.

People buy his claim, they don't lynch him and scum unless they have a strong kill (which is still up for debate) won't touch and would rather win by majority I'd think.

Not saying for sure Hecht is scum but at the very least his claim was handled very badly.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Now this is the shit I signed up for.

giphy.gif

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Now this is the shit I signed up for.
It's pretty much some of the best stuff mafiera is made of!

turmoil7 i think you asked for a full reads list of both sides. Outside of me heavily scum reading kitsunelaine, I don't think it's good for my health to outline exactly who I think is scum and who is town.

However, I can't shake the feeling that I'm locked in a room with a townie with a double, the rest of the scum team and I'm not sure who else...

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty much some of the best stuff mafiera is made of!

turmoil7 i think you asked for a full reads list of both sides. Outside of me heavily scum reading kitsunelaine, I don't think it's good for my health to outline exactly who I think is scum and who is town.

However, I can't shake the feeling that I'm locked in a room with a townie with a double, the rest of the scum team and I'm not sure who else...
A couple of pages ago you had me and turmoil as town.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i still think zipped is the neutral. I feel like his D1 play was part of some attempt to fill a power condition

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
God help me, I'm at the mercy of Bronson's reads

This is everything I've ever dreamed of

Reasons for those reads?

1. Stuart444 - Lean Town, stole my car
2. B-Dubs - Neutral, can't get a proper bead
3. Kalor - Lean Scum, odd behavior D2
4. saenima - Lean Scum,
5. Muffin - Lean Town, generally on point
6. Z-Beat - Lean Scum, coasting, potentially sus
7. *Splinter - Lean Town, voting wise
8. turmoil7 - Lean Town, odd claim with Godfather tho

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Ok caught up. Sorry for missing day end again btw. I was playing Hollow Knight and completely lost about 7 hours ._.

Hecht is surely lying. There's good and bad reasons to lie, but I think he's a baddie.

I was trusting Kits, but I agree with the theory that Godfather saw her on N1. Strong kill is possible, but I think she was trying to kill him.

Someone (I think Kits) posted a theory that Godfather saw Hecht: impossible, he would know Hecht was lying and out him for it.

I don't know who I'll vote from my room yet, need to sleep now so I'll figure all that out tomorrow.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kalor

A roleblocker is a valuable PR, saving it is worth the risk, right?

During day 2 I commented on a post of kalor where he said something akin to "of those 4(GF, Kaz, Bear, Lux) I would lynch Bear or Lux", he was a early vote on Bear so if he is scum putting Bear there gives him consistency, yet he votes for Lux when he has the abili to keep a vote for Bear, he closes his path to voting for Bear or Lux, Lux, aka as the most valuable PR scum had to this point, he could had bended his opinions in any way to justify voting for Bear, Kaz(less valuable scum PR)or GF, kalor is experienced enough to pull it off and it is fucking D1, you can vote using any BS reason, yet are we supposed to believe scum kalor cornered himself into a situation where he was forced to bus the Roleblock? Nope I don't think so

He also had a post somewhere saying he doesn't like GF or Stu as the lynch, another option off the table, why? Is Stu a scum PR more powerful than a 3 shots roleblocker? Extremely unlikely

I have to check day 2 more carefully but IIRC he was suspecting Lux(I just checked the vote tool, he indeed voted for him, 5# vote for Lux that day)

There is more but I don't want to spend so much time in a clear town read of mine, I want to work on my scumreads too if possible

To me Kalor is the towniest reads category so far, absolutely not the player we must lynch today

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
i guess you're not gonna respond to that post huh

LbBnolC.gif
No I thought your post was plenty fine for a defense post. And I am disregarding that godfather post you quoted. He gave no other indication as to who visited him and if he wasn't hit by a strongman I would hope he would have breadcrumbed who visited him night1.

The one time I was BP watcher I played it exactly the same, I have to assume godfather would play it the same I did.