• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
heading out with the wife to dinner, i'm sure i'll be defending this goddamn role when i get back

Vote: saenima

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No I thought your post was plenty fine for a defense post. And I am disregarding that godfather post you quoted. He gave no other indication as to who visited him and if he wasn't hit by a strongman I would hope he would have breadcrumbed who visited him night1.

The one time I was BP watcher I played it exactly the same, I have to assume godfather would play it the same I did.

He literally told us to remember that he was suspicious of hecht

if that isn't breadcrumbing I don't know what is

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
like I said, someone would need to go back and see if there is any more subtle breadcrumbs before deciding that Hecht visited GF for sure.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Ok caught up. Sorry for missing day end again btw. I was playing Hollow Knight and completely lost about 7 hours ._.

Hecht is surely lying. There's good and bad reasons to lie, but I think he's a baddie.

I was trusting Kits, but I agree with the theory that Godfather saw her on N1. Strong kill is possible, but I think she was trying to kill him.

Someone (I think Kits) posted a theory that Godfather saw Hecht: impossible, he would know Hecht was lying and out him for it.

I don't know who I'll vote from my room yet, need to sleep now so I'll figure all that out tomorrow.
Hollow knight for seven hours? Completely believable.

The fact that we are on the same page makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills, because we almost never agree.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
He literally told us to remember that he was suspicious of hecht

if that isn't breadcrumbing I don't know what is
And if he had seen Hecht move towards him after seeing Hecht claim BP and had a shot taken. I would have claimed and said "he is lying because I'm BP and saw him move"

It's probably the perfect contradiction Phoenix Wright moment

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
And if he had seen Hecht move towards him after seeing Hecht claim BP and had a shot taken. I would have claimed and said "he is lying because I'm BP and saw him move"

It's probably the perfect contradiction Phoenix Wright moment
Until now it was possible Hecht was a bulletproof cop.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think he's lying?
It's an odd role for town and a bad time to claim it. I thought he might be lying for the good reasons, but now (thanks to Lux' flip) I think he's scum. Plus I feel Godfather's role kinda weakens his claim anyway.

No I thought your post was plenty fine for a defense post. And I am disregarding that godfather post you quoted. He gave no other indication as to who visited him and if he wasn't hit by a strongman I would hope he would have breadcrumbed who visited him night1.

The one time I was BP watcher I played it exactly the same, I have to assume godfather would play it the same I did.
He wouldn't know he lost his BP. Thanks to Hecht's claim he trusted the person that targeted him enough to not expose them.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
It's an odd role for town and a bad time to claim it. I thought he might be lying for the good reasons, but now (thanks to Lux' flip) I think he's scum. Plus I feel Godfather's role kinda weakens his claim anyway.

I wouldn't say a BP is an odd role for town but it was without a doubt a bad time and way to claim it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok? A lynch is still better than a night kill. Even when we're wrong we eliminate the least trusted players, gain info or whatever. It's our choice instead of scum's choices, it's absolutely a good thing.
This doesn't negate the night kill unless I missed something in the room description. That negative is still very much a factor

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The logic in that post holds up regardless of Zipped's alignment

Nope, because during D2 I actually outlined that I think Zipped and Hecht might be feeding information to one another in order to support their roleclaims (Something I still think is likely)

All it takes is for one of them to have some kind of role that gives them legitimate information for another to pretend to be Zipped's role and back it up

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, because during D2 I actually outlined that I think Zipped and Hecht might be feeding information to one another in order to support their roleclaims (Something I still think is likely)

All it takes is for one of them to have some kind of role that gives them legitimate information for another to pretend to be Zipped's role and back it up
Let me start this again, because none of this info comes from Zipped.

-Godfather saw someone visit him.

-Hecht claimed a role that doesn't move.

-Godfather didn't counter this claim.

-Therefore Godfather didn't see Hecht move.

Ok?

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

Ok?
Hecht claimed a vest on D2, not that he couldn't move. He didn't say that until today.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ok?

Hrmmm. That's a good point you've got there. I think we need to look back on GF's reasons for suspecting Hecht because I don't have a mindset right now to trawl through all of these posts orz

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't claimed anything outside of having fun day 1...

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Kalor

I don't like his "all 3" comment. For much the same reasons as I don't like Hecht's "Vests" nod.

Kalor

A roleblocker is a valuable PR, saving it is worth the risk, right?

During day 2 I commented on a post of kalor where he said something akin to "of those 4(GF, Kaz, Bear, Lux) I would lynch Bear or Lux", he was a early vote on Bear so if he is scum putting Bear there gives him consistency, yet he votes for Lux when he has the abili to keep a vote for Bear, he closes his path to voting for Bear or Lux, Lux, aka as the most valuable PR scum had to this point, he could had bended his opinions in any way to justify voting for Bear, Kaz(less valuable scum PR)or GF, kalor is experienced enough to pull it off and it is fucking D1, you can vote using any BS reason, yet are we supposed to believe scum kalor cornered himself into a situation where he was forced to bus the Roleblock? Nope I don't think so

He also had a post somewhere saying he doesn't like GF or Stu as the lynch, another option off the table, why? Is Stu a scum PR more powerful than a 3 shots roleblocker? Extremely unlikely

I have to check day 2 more carefully but IIRC he was suspecting Lux(I just checked the vote tool, he indeed voted for him, 5# vote for Lux that day)

There is more but I don't want to spend so much time in a clear town read of mine, I want to work on my scumreads too if possible

To me Kalor is the towniest reads category so far, absolutely not the player we must lynch today

So what do you think of my kalor read?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hecht claimed a vest on D2, not that he couldn't move. He didn't say that until today.
He still hasn't claimed he CAN"T move, just that he has not done so.
And bulletproof CAN be a modifier although it would be unusual for multi-shot to be a modifier, although we only have his word for that.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It was implied. I suppose it was possible that he had bulletproof + something, like Godfather, but his claim was multishot with notifications, that's already pretty powerful.
But if Hecht did visit him and no one wound up dead wouldn't he think cop or doctor? I know I would.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my brain's clearly getting a bit sloppy and as I said I have some fatigue I'm dealing with so I think this'll be the point where I step back for a while

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
But if Hecht did visit him and no one wound up dead wouldn't he think cop or doctor? I know I would.

Cop maybe, doctor, why would he? He had BP status that says he won't be told when it's been used. That "Incase I wind up dead" comment implies he thought that maybe he was shot to me and his BP was used up but had no idea.

He also probably implicated Hecht NOT because he saw him move I'm thinking but because he thought his claim might be fake because he himself had BP status.

Another idea I'm just throwing out there.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Take a breather, sleep on it. Don't want to make you ill, just thought we were having a spirited argument.

it's not your fault, we were. I was getting streams crossed during it and as I opened out the day by saying I've just been dealing with a lot lately. If you wanna know what exactly i've elaborated in the MafiaERA discord, I'll not clog up the game with it in here

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah take care, kits

Cop maybe, doctor, why would he? He had BP status that says he won't be told when it's been used. That "Incase I wind up dead" comment implies he thought that maybe he was shot to me and his BP was used up but had no idea.

He also probably implicated Hecht NOT because he saw him move I'm thinking but because he thought his claim might be fake because he himself had BP status.

Agree with this. Also if Hecht was cop/doctor/whatever then why would he get notified while GF didn't? It just doesn't make sense. If I were GF and saw Hecht I'd've outed him when forced to claim.

I need to go look for breadcrumbs, I can't believe GF wouldn't leave a clue, it's a pretty crucial part of his role.

Not tonight though, I should be asleep

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I THINK I've spotted the breadcrumbing who targeted GF N1. But GF said they thought the person who visited them was town and didn't want to out a town PR which is giving me reservations about pointing it out.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

The point is he couldn't know if whoever visited him was scum or a town PR. There was a 2/3 chance whoever visited him was town. If that person had gone back last night then they were scum 100%.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We can be sure that whoever visited GF on N1 wasn't a strongman(you save those roles for when they are needed, you don't send them to do the normal factional kill just because)

What roles is scum likely to have left? My guess: A strongman, a tracker(to who I am a negative utility too) and maybe a goon?

But wouldn't they have an extra kill in this huge game? There could be a bomb/wolf cub/scum vig there too as an extra kill

...hecht as a bomb :thinking:

no not worth exploring right now, there are better targets in that pool

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
We can be sure that whoever visited GF on N1 wasn't a strongman(you save those roles for when they are needed, you don't send them to do the normal factional kill just because)

What roles is scum likely to have left? My guess: A strongman, a tracker(to who I am a negative utility too) and maybe a goon?

But wouldn't they have an extra kill in this huge game? There could be a bomb/wolf cub/scum vig there too as an extra kill

...hecht as a bomb :thinking:

no not worth exploring right now, there are better targets in that pool
If I was a bomb I would just copy Zipped's posts verbatim

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I THINK I've spotted the breadcrumbing who targeted GF N1. But GF said they thought the person who visited them was town and didn't want to out a town PR which is giving me reservations about pointing it out.
How sure are you you got it right? just a hunch, pretty sure(let's say 75%) or a 100%?

I don't want to go speculation crazy double thinking what is stu thinking with his extra info if you aren't sure