• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I just saw

I think that there is no point on him not claiming at this point, not sure if everyone agrees

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow, I am sicker than I was last week. I'll try and check in throughout the day with thoughts, but more than likely I'll be sleeping on and off.

Yeah I just saw

I think that there is no point on him not claiming at this point, not sure if everyone agrees
No, he's our best lead in that group. It's getting to the point where he'll probably need to claim by day's end.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Yes yes, I'm aware.

But it also makes no sense for them to target GF. So either I'm telling the truth or scum decided not to kill anyone on N1, which is equally as dumb as shooting GF.
Or they targeted someone else.

I don't think it's that crazy to target GF either, he's a dangerous player regardless of role. He was also more townread on day one than day two.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Or they targeted someone else.

I don't think it's that crazy to target GF either, he's a dangerous player regardless of role. He was also more townread on day one than day two.
And I know you don't believe me, but my vest is gone. That is actual information. Anything else is pure speculation because we don't have anyone coming forward. Not that they should unless they are absolutely sure, but chances are they are not.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Its ok,

Why So devious? If that was the breadcrumb, then definitely worth taking a shot at.

Its a personal fault of mine, But until I see a strongman flip I have trouble believing that they exist in a game. I like to work with what is presented instead of speculating. So based on that whoever GF breadcrumbed as their visitor Night 1 is the most likely scum target. If it is WSD then we should lynch WSD, if that is Kits then lets get kits.

Now my reads -
Group A:
1. BronsonLee - Town probably the safest person that could have possibly gotten the Double today
2. Zippedpinhead -me
3. weemadarthur - Null read
4. WhySoDevious - Scum possible (Probably NOT if Kits IS)
5. Kitsunelaine - Scum possible (probably NOT if WSD IS)
6. Fat4all - Town read
7. Hecht - coming clean on the BP is a town play, scum would have ridden the fake multi to the end - town lean. Before this I was leaning scum on him.
8. StanleyPalmtree - Behelit? totally town
9. Girlofgotham - Null

Group B: (i.e. the don't lynch Zipped crew)
1. Stuart444 - Town read
2. B-Dubs - flip flopping back and forth, more town than not but at least its a read
3. Kalor - Town lean
4. saenima - town lean
5. Muffin - null read
6. Z-Beat - Null read
7. *Splinter - No one is more surprised than I that I am agreeing with *splinter this much this game. Town read
8. turmoil7 - melon was a null read (for retro stuff) but Turmoil is pretty strong with a town like game!

See what I mean about " is it possible all the scum players are in one group"? I was posting earlier. all my scum reads are in the group I can't vote for.

You only have two scum reads? And they are a "they can't be scum together" pair?

Who is scum if Kitsu is scum?

Who is scum if WSD is scum?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
saenima Stuart444 could you unvote Hecht for the time being? At least to avoid a turbo

Unvote

I'm ok with backing off a bit for now only to avoid a turbo, but nothing Hecht has said has really convinced me. I want to read his answers to me in more detail but i've been busy. I haven't had the time yet but i'll be off tomorrow and will look into Devious too like i said earlier. I would be ok with pushing Devious for answers today as well. I remember him saying he was feeling sick though, don't know how available he'll be.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I'm here. I was out almost all morning. I have a horrible stomach bug and woke up with a bad headache.

What's the point of claiming?

I'm not a vanilla townie but I hold no power, no information, no anything. I would have welcomed something like that cause at least I could have made a bit more informed voting.

Anyways, since I guess there are some townies with some RPs that might see me doing something at night, let me claim: Sleepwalker.

When that one guy claimed sleepwalker, I thought that maybe he was lying because I'm a sleepwalker, but then someone mentioned right away that they had been in a game with two sleepwalkers, so that explained that.

But seriously, a town noob with no access to information other than what I'm over analyzing.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm here. I was out almost all morning. I have a horrible stomach bug and woke up with a bad headache.

I'm not a vanilla townie but I hold no power, no information, no anything. I would have welcomed something like that cause at least I could have made a bit more informed voting.

Anyways, since I guess there are some townies with some RPs that might see me doing something at night, let me claim: Sleepwalker.

When that one guy claimed sleepwalker, I thought that maybe he was lying because I'm a sleepwalker, but then someone mentioned right away that they had been in a game with two sleepwalkers, so that explained that.

But seriously, a town noob with no access to information other than what I'm over analyzing.

Don't say which it is so mafia don't know when to target you but do you only sleepwalk on odd or even nights.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017

Is there any caveat to your role? Any drawbacks?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I know you don't believe me, but my vest is gone. That is actual information.

I really, really hate to be that guy again but it's not actual information. It's just your word that serves your own interest. You keep talking about these things as if they're confirmed facts. They're not.

I feel like an asshole for even pointing this out.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, if you guys wanna lynch, I don't blame you. Looking at my voting is exactly who I would go for... Grizzly train then a vote for FEP... but then, I've been wrong both times, so that should tell you something.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
now we have two sleepwalker claims. is that a role that gets doubled up on a lot? turmoil was the one who claimed second sleepwalker, right?

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I really, really hate to be that guy again but it's not actual information. It's just your word that serves your own interest. You keep talking about these things as if they're confirmed facts. They're not.

I feel like an asshole for even pointing this out.
Fair enough. But any claim of anything is just that. Nothing is ever really confirmed until there is a flip. But my stating that I know what scum did gives town the ability to look at people's interactions with me to see if there's anything there, and it gives scum a reason to want me gone.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
now we have two sleepwalker claims. is that a role that gets doubled up on a lot? turmoil was the one who claimed second sleepwalker, right?

Usually when two sleepwalkers happen, one would sleepwalk on even nights and the other on odd nights. It's rare to have two that do the exact same thing.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Fair enough. But any claim of anything is just that. Nothing is ever really confirmed until there is a flip. But my stating that I know what scum did gives town the ability to look at people's interactions with me to see if there's anything there, and it gives scum a reason to want me gone.
GF could have claimed "I know that Devious visited me last night." That doesn't mean anything unless there is a flip. Had Devious flipped we would have had an idea, but we wouldn't know entirely for sure until GF flipped.

We are rarely, if ever, working with complete information.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It only gives us a reason to beleive you if we see your flip

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fair.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Usually when two sleepwalkers happen, one would sleepwalk on even nights and the other on odd nights. It's rare to have two that do the exact same thing.

So the chances are that one was lying. Maybe one of them was lying to fish the other one out? Or they picked a weak role to fake!claim without expecting it to be in the game?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So the chances are that one was lying. Maybe one of them was lying to fish the other one out? Or they picked a weak role to fake!claim without expecting it to be in the game?

There's a possibility of someone lying. I'm more inclined to believe Turmoil, and there was no fishing going on.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
It's not impossible for them to both be sleepwalkers. Now the question is whether or not one of them is scum. Two town sleepwalkers is certainly...plausible, however. But it does lend credence to there being more tracking roles out there. If scum has a tracking role of some kind I'd be inclined to believe that they are both town though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
And yeah, if scum have a tracking role than two town sleepwalkers makes some amount of sense.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
GF could have claimed "I know that Devious visited me last night." That doesn't mean anything unless there is a flip. Had Devious flipped we would have had an idea, but we wouldn't know entirely for sure until GF flipped.

We are rarely, if ever, working with complete information.
I dunno who I visited. I get no information on that.

It just says that I will visit someone at random every night.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(that *was* you right, i'm not misremembering there)
(i have a bad habit of doing that and I did just wake up)

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
In the games I am aware of, if we had multiple sleepwalkers we had multiple watchers.

HOWEVER, I can only remember well was wolf 2.0 where I had GF's role (and completely melted down when I got lynched day 2)... I believe that they had two sleepwalkers, town had one... and Scum had one as well...

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
In the games I am aware of, if we had multiple sleepwalkers we had multiple watchers.

HOWEVER, I can only remember well was wolf 2.0 where I had GF's role (and completely melted down when I got lynched day 2)... I believe that they had two sleepwalkers, town had one... and Scum had one as well...
technically they had 3, where scum had 2 because the doppelganger copied the other one, lol

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm weary of people asserting that we must have a scum tracker because the two sleepwalkers MUST be town

that's pulling the cart before the horse and hella sus