• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I read it as the day being split in two separate voting blocks where one can only vote for the other and we get a double lynch. With the day split being the split of a real life 24h
My understanding is that whomever is turboed in one room is removed from the game. Everyone else keeps playing, but obviously if someone from Group A is removed, then Group B's votes don't matter. Everyone can still talk until someone from the other group is voted out.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I feel slightly weird voting today since the turbo is so low but this only brings Devious to 2. This is an extremely tentative vote right now. I'm really conflicted on Devious. And I don't feel strong enough about anyone else in Group A right now to vote for them.

Vote: WhySoDevious

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ISO'd Kaz and got not much of worth. He voted for Stu on both days if there's anything to read there. The second day is whatever, but on the first day there was a Stu train growing before heads turned to Grizzly so that might be something. Heh

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
What's the harm?! ;)
tenor.gif

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Just catching up, two sleepwalkers feels like it would be unlikely. I kinda like a WSD vote today, just to see how they flip.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Right, home.

Hecht you already know how I feel about that claim. The multiple bulletproof people plus a non-tradeable vest that was never a vest but still has multiple hits to it to put the burden on town since scum couldn't without a strongman and the only other person who's the most likely potential target and did have some action on him that night and was also into investigating you is now dead makes me suspicious.

I'll give you the coasting thing since that's my typical playstyle most of the time, but I also see that as a bit of a wasted vote. It's also something scum like to push in my experience because it's easy (and usually ends up with them getting voted down the line once vote records start looking sketch).

As for the dual sleepwalker thing, it could be two, but if one is lying I'm less inclined to believe WSD. When turmoil initially claimed you didn't really do anything with that information, which seems suspect if you have a similar role. GF at least tried to question hect for inconsistencies when he claimed.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This may be a bunch of nothing but

WhySoDevious

What is the name of your character?

If both of us are actually sleepwalkers maybe there is a clue there

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Right, home.

Hecht you already know how I feel about that claim. The multiple bulletproof people plus a non-tradeable vest that was never a vest but still has multiple hits to it to put the burden on town since scum couldn't without a strongman and the only other person who's the most likely potential target and did have some action on him that night and was also into investigating you is now dead makes me suspicious.

I'll give you the coasting thing since that's my typical playstyle most of the time, but I also see that as a bit of a wasted vote. It's also something scum like to push in my experience because it's easy (and usually ends up with them getting voted down the line once vote records start looking sketch).

As for the dual sleepwalker thing, it could be two, but if one is lying I'm less inclined to believe WSD. When turmoil initially claimed you didn't really do anything with that information, which seems suspect if you have a similar role. GF at least tried to question hect for inconsistencies when he claimed.
Could you give us some reads on the players you can vote for today?

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Right, home.

Considering this point I am questioning the existence of a doctor, then...well i dunno.

You must have missed my clarification where I said I only had one vest, and my explanation as to why I claimed so.

I do have issues that you only ever seem to show up when you are called out, though.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You must have missed my clarification where I said I only had one vest, and my explanation as to why I claimed so.

I do have issues that you only ever seem to show up when you are called out, though.
How could I have possibly made that mistake
I have X, where X is greater than 1 and, say, less than 4. 1 was used.
I had to use one of my vests last night

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I don't blame anyone that wants to vote me off today. I feel like shit today and my heart is not in the game right now. However, I do know that when I feel better, I'll kinda want to continue playing.

Anyways, if anyone is truly saying that I must be this brilliant scum player playing the part of the noob, then you'd be mistaken.

If you wanna know how I'll flip, I'll spoil it for you: Town Sleepwalker named Stella.

Maybe next game I'll be better prepared.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
How could I have possibly made that mistake
Yes you missed plenty

I'll admit I took a gamble there. I claimed multi-shot BP/vests.

I only had one.

My having a BP strongly suggests the inclusion of a strongman.

I had hoped that it would bait a strong kill if scum was dumb enough to believe that I had more than one. It's incredibly rare for anyone to have multiples. With my vest gone, hopefully they'd try to strong-kill me, which means that they weren't using it on anyone else. Now obviously I didn't know that GF had a BP as well, or else I may have done something different. I don't know.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes you missed plenty

I feel like if I could pick apart that gamble by staring at it long enough, scum didn't have any problems doing the same. Adding extra BP to your role also doesn't really make a strong case for scum coming after you even more instead of another role unless there was an addition to that role or you were on the right track with something.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first post that stands out. Stu vote before the Grizz enfilade, just like Kaz. The reasoning is not very convincing but new player.

Okay. This is gonna tie things up right now but I expect things to change promptly as safe moves are voted elsewhere, I suspect.

Vote: Stuart444

Already explained it earlier... he was the first to suggest the Teal room as a first move, which, like has been mentioned before, looks like something very benificial to Town.

This was on post 121.

Zipped voted for Teal on post 171 and was called out on it on post 190, even though he wasn't the first one to suggest that room.

Then, on post 253 he changed it to Blue - his favorite color - which is a bit more neutral. Finally settled on Purple, one of the punishment rooms, since that was the direction people were going.

Anyways, let's see what happens this last hour.

This jumped up but tbf there wasn't much on Kaz at the time:

I don't like the reasons given for voting Kaz.

And two of the people who critiqued me for voting for Stuart have their votes on Kaz.

I doubt Stuart will get lynched today. Some of the safe votes will get moved at the last minute to probably take out Kaz.

Now, if Kaz turns out to be scum, well, I'll rethink my whole list then. Still lots of time to course correct.

This looks less innocent:

I could go Grizz.

I don't like the Kaz vote one bit.

And his Grizz vote was immediately followed by weemad and fep:

Now, we know fep was town and weemad has been read mostly as null/slight scum. I could see weemad jumping after devious scum. Or it could be nothing.

Day 2. This first post is hella suspicious. Idk if i buy it:

I made an assumption - that scum and town were roughly 50/50. Now I know that it's only around 5 or 6 players. That would've made me less inclined to switch my vote at the last minute.

I changed my vote to grizzly because of the way he went after Kaz - I bought into someone's accusation of him about that vote - and because he was one of the people who disagreed with my vote for Stuart, who I still think is scum (but that is not certain in my head anymore).

Also, why didn't he change the vote for Lex? He could've at least tied the game - instead he left it on Kaz. I assumed that maybe Lex was all scum and he'd rather be him to take the hit than Lex.

Again... another assumption... definitely made an ass out of me.

Here's Devious reasoning for the Bear vote:

I was responding to Hecht. He wanted people to go after Grizz.

Like I said, I bought into someone's accusation of Grizz's vote on Kaz. I'm gonna look up that post cause that's why I was inclined to vote for Grizz.

Like I've said before - I bought into someone's argument earlier in the day that Grizzly's vote on Kaz was suspect. So when Hecht asked who would join him in voting for Kaz, I jumped in cause my Stuart vote was not gonna go anywhere. It was also made on some other erroneous assumptions on my part.

Now that I'm at work sitting in front of a computer all day, I can go back and check who exactly was accusing Grizzly for that vote on Kaz.

As far as i could find, he never came back with what he said he was gonna look for. Then there's this:

Okay, I'm going over the votes during the last minutes of the games.

My theory: I can see scum wanting to go after a vocal townie (Grizzly) or a not-so-active townie - someone like Lux (cause Melon was replaced).

Some of the votes that Grizzly got were not previously on Lux - mine, Aeulus, weemadarthur, Kaz

There were two people that were waffling on Grizzly and Lux - Hecht and FEP

Hecht even tried to switch his vote at the very last minute - maybe not wanting to vote out someone who was actually playing the game and making it interesting? A scum that wants to win but doesn't want to make the game so vanilla?

I think we're giving Hecht too much of a free pass on that Grizzly vote.

Calling Lux townie is sus knowing what we know now.

Part 2 to follow.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is bad reasoning, but i doubt it's scum tactics:

A sense of wanting the game to be interesting. Going for an inactive player is an easy vote that benefits them, sure, but it keeps the game lively cause the vocal players that participate a lot (like Grizzly) make the game interesting.

That's why I was looking at people that were waffling between Grizzly and Lux - the one thing they had in common was that one had the most posts, the other the least.

I was suspecting Hecht because he changed his vote at the last minute... a vote that would keep the game livelier, more entertaining.

A lot of role info fishing:

Does the vest also protect from a lynching?

Were you guys in communication?

What's the text on the curse?

What does your text say?

Quoting this mainly because my reads are almost the opposite:

I dunno how active I'll be this weekend since I'm usually not in front of a computer, but I'll be reading and commenting when I can.

I should settle on a vote soon cause I don't want the deadline to surprise me tomorrow.

Godfather... Not sure why he's leading on votes right now, but I know that he was on Koplite's list and maybe a reason why he was targeted. I'm inclined right now to vote for him.

B-Dubs... One of my first feelings was not to trust people that were directing the vote towards zipped, and he certainly was the first to do this. Probably why there was a train on zipped so early in the game.

Lux... Like I said earlier, probably targeted by scum because of his low post count and considered an easy target to get a train going, which there was.

Saucy... I really felt played by the Grizzly vote and one of those reasons was Kaz's statement to look towards the people that voted for him once he flipped as town. I believed that then. Now, not so much.

*Splinter... Yeah, he has the double vote, but that doesn't clear him in my books. It could've been random. It could've been the result of a vote steal. Still unsure about the mechanic, but suspect for now.

Stuart... Still high on my list as scum. I see some mentions of him but not a lot of votes. On hold for now, but if I see a train going on him, I'd probably join.

flatearthpanda... Didn't like his waffling between Grizzly and Lux, both of which I believe were targets for scum (best vote and easy vote, respectively).

There was someone that was reading me as scum. Cant remember who it was and I don't wanna go through the posts right now. That person is on my suspect list.

This and other later posts mentioning Hecht give me a feeling they're not both scum, unless there's some heavy misdirection going on there:

Oh, forgot someone.

Hecht... another one waffling between Grizzly and Lux. He was the one who started the train on Grizzly and I feel really played by him. My theory: Thinking that maybe it was a bit too obvious what he did, scum comes up with a plan to have no kill and then have Hecht claim he was saved by a town power, the vest. I think people are letting him off the hook too quickly about the Grizzly train.

After this there's a lot of trodden ground regarding day 1 voting. The claim:

I'm here. I was out almost all morning. I have a horrible stomach bug and woke up with a bad headache.

What's the point of claiming?

I'm not a vanilla townie but I hold no power, no information, no anything. I would have welcomed something like that cause at least I could have made a bit more informed voting.

Anyways, since I guess there are some townies with some RPs that might see me doing something at night, let me claim: Sleepwalker.

When that one guy claimed sleepwalker, I thought that maybe he was lying because I'm a sleepwalker, but then someone mentioned right away that they had been in a game with two sleepwalkers, so that explained that.

But seriously, a town noob with no access to information other than what I'm over analyzing.

I have no strong feelings here one way or the other. I have zero experience with sleepwalker play and would rather see what other people think of it.

Devious still reads scummy to me, like he's playing the aw shucks card. Between him and Hecht it's where i'll vote today.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Could you give us some reads on the players you can vote for today?

1. BronsonLee - all over the place. Reminds me of Coolest's playstyle, so null for now
2. Zippedpinhead - I think Zipped is a neutral with some room-specific and/or survival goal
3. weemadarthur - null
4. WhySoDevious - lean scum but I guess turmoil could clear that up by cross referencing some stuff
5. Kitsunelaine - null
6. Fat4all - The role makes me think town. Didn't really agree with giving it to splinter that day though. Also where is he? Been gone all day
7. Hecht - see above
8. StanleyPalmtree - lean scum. I don't get much from the posts, kinda bandwagoned with grizzly, and voted panda and was cool with a GF vote at other times
9. Girlofgotham - pretty sure you killed and replaced Pau so you get the hardest of scum reads.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Why do you still think Zipped has some room related role when he even said that his switching wasn't due to anything, and hasn't done it since.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I feel like if I could pick apart that gamble by staring at it long enough, scum didn't have any problems doing the same. Adding extra BP to your role also doesn't really make a strong case for scum coming after you even more instead of another role unless there was an addition to that role or you were on the right track with something.

No, it doesn't "add anything" to scum coming after me other than the fact that me knowing I had a BP implied the existence of a strongman.

I'm assuming that you are saying I'm lying (my wifi is driving me nuts and there's a delay with video and audio)

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
ok so 3 scum - myself, WSD, and Stanley. Reading Stanley as scum is incredibly suspect to me
Err...I may be reading your girlofgotham read wrong, but you think she's scum? seriously? she's been great

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ok so 3 scum - myself, WSD, and Stanley. Reading Stanley as scum is incredibly suspect to me
Err...I may be reading your girlofgotham read wrong, but you think she's scum? seriously? she's been great
Yeah, scum reading her on the grounds that she killed and replaced the other major Batman fan on this forum was very much a joke.
Why do you still think Zipped has some room related role when he even said that his switching wasn't due to anything, and hasn't done it since.
To be fair, between hecht and aeleus it's entirely possible that's not the whole truth. iirc he was focused on two in particular that he kept coming back to.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
If we're really gonna get into it though, Stella was replace by Luna for FFXV, so I guess that scum would be pissed about getting cancelled? I dunno. Seems like a stretch.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, names don't seem that important. Mine is "Alim" so I'm really not sure how names factor into it.
My name is Luna and I am a sleepwalker

I raised an eyebrow the moment I read my role PM. I didn't paid attention to it later because I needed to get into the game and totally forgot

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
My name is Luna and I am a sleepwalker

I raised an eyebrow the moment I read my role PM. I didn't paid attention to it later because I needed to get into the game and totally forgot
The only thing I can think of is Stella/Luna from FFXV. Stella was the original female...uh....protagonist (I don't know how that story would have played out)? And then Luna was the one that ended up in the game