• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
When he voted for z-beat, zipped also said that he was simply setting the votes as 3 to just show everyone's mind at the time, which is either A: a tactical mistake on his part (as I was clear about turbo being on the table), or a purposeful move

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm here for the rest of the day. Apologies for the little activity, was a bit busy with my last college exam and, uh, winding down afterwards (which is code for playing Hollow Knight)

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I could not have been more clear about the reasoning for it and I find it very suspect that the people complaining about it the most weren't even voting in that group in the first place
HI I'M THE GHOST OF Z-BEAT AND I HAVE COP RESULTS ON THREE PLAYERS I CANT SHARE BECAUSE SOME TRIGGER HAPPY CHUCKLEFUCK TURBOED ME IN MY SLEEP

or something
Unusual, but I agree with Splinter here. A turbo is never necessary unless there are special circumstances, and that the day didnt end doesnt really qualify. If we got the flip early it might be a good move. But this way we just booted somebody out of the game without giving them opportunity to defend themself or give us important information.

Still townreading Bronson tbh though.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Its kinda starting to weird me out that B-Dubs is going for every lynch i'm going for

Like, same thing on D1 and D2
Also this is still weirding me out and at this point if Kitsune gets lynched and flips town I'm going to look harder at Dubs. At that point he's either apparently as bad at choosing somebody to lynch who is actually scum as I am currently or maybe scum who is signalboosting my badly chosen lynchs.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
1. BronsonLee - probably town, my biggest concern is actually how many people have sheep's this read (including myself, apparently). Are scum enjoying his town read status and cheering it along, or merely recognizing that they can't lynch him and not wanting to go against consensus? I suppose the latter is more likely.

2. Zippedpinhead - after so much fucking noise D1, he's been much less of a presence. Over focused on (often strange) mechanical discussions, but that's Zipped. Null read.

3. weemadarthur - mostly playing safe, gut says scum. I think she's the only player to leave the window open on scum reading Bronson, but still made no real attempt to push that lynch. Also not a fan of how she abandoned thread in response to turmoil starting to focus on her - at this stage and levels of suspicion it was a pretty reliable way to kill discussion around her. Even now my biggest reluctance in joining turmoil's vote is because I know Wee won't be around to respond to it, but I want more focus on Wee next phase at least.

4. WhySoDevious - I believe the claim but it's NAI, so it's kinda frustrating to see many people change their read based only on this claim. OTOH I've mostly townread Devious and have purely mechanical reasons to suspect him (GF, as covered ad nauseum).

5. Kitsunelaine - difficult read for me. From past experience I know I tend to wrongly scumread kits due to not liking/following her arguments. She's similar to Zipped in that respect. This game though? I don't know, I can only say she's felt very consistent with previous games. Null, kinda lean town.

6. Fat4all - a good boy. He's the double vote giver, and I believe it's a town role.

7. Hecht - confession time, despite disagreeing with parts of Hecht's play and still having reservations over his current claim, my gut says thinks he's town. My biggest concern is still Grizzly's lynch. I know I was at least equally responsible for that, but looking back it was absolutely the wrong choice for D1, and I can't rule out Hecht posting that final vote too late on purpose.

8. StanleyPalmtree - super null, more absent than usual I think. I find his activity NAI, but that doesn't help me read him. I suppose tone wise he's felt town when he posts, I don't remember how scum-Stan plays though.

9. Girlofgotham - similar to weemadarthur, playing safe, not standing out despite posting a decent amount. Gut is slightly more than on Gotham than it was for wee, but OTOH I have even fewer specifics to talk about.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Also this is still weirding me out and at this point if Kitsune gets lynched and flips town I'm going to look harder at Dubs. At that point he's either apparently as bad at choosing somebody to lynch who is actually scum as I am currently or maybe scum who is signalboosting my badly chosen lynchs.
Geeze, it was a placeholder until I got back.

Unvote

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Someone tell me how to feel.

Btw I hope that "trigger happy chucklefuck" comment didn't cause offence. That post came across angrier than it was intended.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Turmoil who would you vote if not weemadarthur?

I don't think that lynch happens today with them being absent, and you'll have my axe tomorrow assuming one or both of us is still alive.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Someone tell me how to feel.

Btw I hope that "trigger happy chucklefuck" comment didn't cause offence. That post came across angrier than it was intended.

nah man it was hella funn-

tenor.gif

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
There was a point on D2 where I thought I was beginning to figure this all out but that's all fallen apart now. And I thought Group A would be easy to pick a lynch target when I first saw it but apparently not.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The quietness of this day end certainly doesn't help anything. Not sure how to feel about that. But then we have lost a bunch of people since yesterday.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be posting more but I've already been clear on where I stand.

Maybe someone should claim and cause a bit of chaos :P.

(nah, srsly. don't... unless you think it would be good then go ahead)

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Right now my feelings are

Wee>kitsu>>zipped

I think wee has played purposefully low profile and blending in, and if she were to claim something really powerful I would probably not believe her tbh, the idea I have of the game in my head doesn't allow it, but if she were telling the truth tomorrow could be hecht time

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I think wee has played purposefully low profile and blending in, and if she were to claim something really powerful I would probably not believe her tbh, the idea I have of the game in my head doesn't allow it, but if she were telling the truth tomorrow could be hecht time

If she had a powerful role, wouldn't laying low help her? Not too out enough to get scum to go after her and not drawing attention to themselves in a way that would get her lynched?

That said, I am curious. What is the idea you have of the game now?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda lost as well. I keep seeing everyone say they don't believe Hecht but don't wanna lynch him. Well, except for Stu. Devious, every one reads townish except me. So there go my two top scum reads. Apart from that i don't know where to go. I think i'll put my vote down on Hecht for now and maybe someone will give me a better option. Please convince me.

Vote: Hecht

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda lost as well. I keep seeing everyone say they don't believe Hecht but don't wanna lynch him. Well, except for Stu. Devious, every one reads townish except me. So there go my two top scum reads. Apart from that i don't know where to go. I think i'll put my vote down on Hecht for now and maybe someone will give me a better option. Please convince me.

Vote: Hecht

why do you not read Devious as town?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at day 1 votes and Hechts votes on Kaz kept him in contention for the lead. Lux was already voting for Kaz but I can't imagine that scum Hecht would push a teammate to tie the lead and result in more discussion around them. Especially when another teammate, Lux, was also leading the votes. And he didn't just tie Kazs vote for the lead once but twice.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If she had a powerful role, wouldn't laying low help her? Not too out enough to get scum to go after her and not drawing attention to themselves in a way that would get her lynched?

That said, I am curious. What is the idea you have of the game now?
and why would wee telling the truth lead to Hecht?

This wasn't intended as role fishing but

I don't believe we have more strong investigators or a doctor, the masons lovers+roleblock if killed at night(town roleblock can be OP on the late game), the bulletproof self watcher(functionally is akin to a strong cop), the hint in the sleepwalkers names, the bulletproof that can tell if they were shot, I just don't see place for more town power, I will be very skeptical of more, even weak investigators, and Hecht checks out so far, there is no reason for him unpresured lying like he did, so if someone claims something other than the dayvig, I will lead towards thinking they is lying, but I have read wee carefully and there aren't hints there of her being the dayvig, and she knows I look after breadcrubs from past games

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Although Stu, would you back your Hecht vote as strongly as the Kaz one yesterday?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
This wasn't intended as role fishing but

I don't believe we have more strong investigators or a doctor, the masons lovers+roleblock if killed at night(town roleblock can be OP on the late game), the bulletproof self watcher(functionally is akin to a strong cop), the hint in the sleepwalkers names, the bulletproof that can tell if they were shot, I just don't see place for more town power, I will be very skeptical of more, even weak investigators, and Hecht checks out so far, there is no reason for him unpresured lying like he did, so if someone claims something other than the dayvig, I will lead towards thinking they is lying, but I have read wee carefully and there aren't hints there of her being the dayvig, and she knows I look after breadcrubs from past games

How do you get the no doctor from this?

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How do you get the no doctor from this?
If hecht is telling the truth at every given night there would be 3 players that can stop a night kill:the doctor's target(who would hardly be be lynched by town if the doctor exists, another reason to think it is unlikely given that we have mason/lovers too), Hecht's BP and GF's BP

Three players that can't be killed at night + 3 town roles that hardly can be mislynched, I don't think so

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Please consider that a doctor as a side effect of being a weak inventigator themself(confirms town if successful)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Z-Beat will end up being the day vig or something. A day shot would have been pretty useful today just so we could get a flip before day end.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I feel weird about it since it's early there but what about a Stanley lynch?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
despite him being okay with a Fep lynch when he was asleep...

No, I'd rather not.

Unless you have a good case for lynching Stan I guess.

Not really. I'm looking at their posts but I'm just throwing ideas at the wall. Though as Splinter just said, it doesn't actually solve anything.