• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
I'll vote weemad - I haven't yet cause I don't want to turbo - but I'm feeling like with the FTP vote... sure, there's evidence to distrust her, but are we wrong?
What happens if we turbo?

Day ends and night starts?

Does the game schedule get moved?
I find it mildly amusing that Devious asked this after putting wee 1 away from a turbo.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Devious' role tells us much to be honest. Sleepwalker can be town or scum, 2 town is as believable as one of each.

I just don't read Devious as scum

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Wee does flip town, I'd be pretty tempted to look at those who defended her.

So let me get this straight. If i'm right i'm wrong. And those who were wrong are actually right? Is this bizarro mafia we're playing here? Am i supposed to give false reads to protect my ass?

For the record and to be perfectly clear. I think wee is town. If she indeed flips town and you want to lynch me for thinking so then go ahead. I think it's dumb.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And if wee flips town and i'm next, the remaining town should look very carefully at those pushing for exactly that today.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
So let me get this straight. If i'm right i'm wrong. And those who were wrong are actually right? Is this bizarro mafia we're playing here? Am i supposed to give false reads to protect my ass?

For the record and to be perfectly clear. I think wee is town. If she indeed flips town and you want to lynch me for thinking so then go ahead. I think it's dumb.
I think the point to be made here is that scum generally likes keeping around people who have question marks hanging over their heads. They like to use that to cause confusion and hide in that kind of chat and then look good when that person flips town

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
songs will be sung about how I've played this game

they'll call it The Ballad of Bronson-Lee: A Turbo Tale

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the point to be made here is that scum generally likes keeping around people who have question marks hanging over their heads. They like to use that to cause confusion and hide in that kind of chat and then look good when that person flips town

Sure, i understand that. And since weemad is going today i really hope she's scum. But i just don't think she is.

Here's the thing. What do i really get out of batting for her towniness here? She's as good as dead so we're gonna find out for sure. 1) she's scum and i look hella suspect for trying to defend scum. 2) she's town and i just spent a whole day paintimg a target on my back in the most obvious way possible. Come on. I'm new to the game but i'm not stupid. This was some of the advice Fire gave me on mentor chat: 'never lie as town unless it's absolutely necessary to out scum.' Paraphrasing.

Mainly you.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I voted cause if wee turns out to be scum, I don't want to be one of the people not voting for her... that would be suspect.

And from what I've read on the wiki... scum tend to be the third/fourth votes in a train..

Finally, like I said yesterday, I trust BronsonLee, so I'm following his lead for now.

I'm learning as I go along. Maybe by the third game I'll get better at this. I'm not the confrontational type, so this game really puts me out of my element.

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

weemadarthur (6 votes)
*Splinter - #4,783
Zippedpinhead - #4,800
Stuart444 - #4,801
Kitsunelaine - #4,818
turmoil7 - #4,959
BronsonLee - #5,025 #5,042
WhySoDevious - #5,027

turmoil7 (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #4,969

Not voting: BronsonLee, Muffin, Girlofgotham, B-Dubs, StanleyPalmtree, saenima, Kalor

Post Counts:
BronsonLee: 38 weemadarthur: 36 Stuart444: 31 *Splinter: 30 turmoil7: 25 saenima: 23 B-Dubs: 18 Kitsunelaine: 16 Kalor: 16 Muffin: 15 WhySoDevious: 12 Girlofgotham: 12 Zippedpinhead: 9 StanleyPalmtree: 3 Hecht: 1 Fat4all: 1

Current Countdown:
aciafieuqd

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing that's been bugging me: we haven't actually found a scum on our own yet. We got gifted on by the dayvig (big ups to you whoever you are) and another fell into our laps by not voting. Sure, we were all willing to go for Kaz until the FEPs trail got started, but still. I can't help but feel like we're all making a bad assumption somewhere and need to correct it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Both scum have been openly suspected so I don't think there's any massive bad assumptions. Lux would have gotten lynched on day 2 or 3 and the same with Kaz, he probably didn't have long left.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing that's been bugging me: we haven't actually found a scum on our own yet. We got gifted on by the dayvig (big ups to you whoever you are) and another fell into our laps by not voting. Sure, we were all willing to go for Kaz until the FEPs trail got started, but still. I can't help but feel like we're all making a bad assumption somewhere and need to correct it.

This is exactly where i'm at.

Honestly, i feel like town is endlessly arguing among themselves and scum is just back there watching, waiting for the mislynches and NKs. Where is stanley? Where is muffin? Where is zipped?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
We haven't had a hit since and we're about to lynch wee for faking the cop role. If wee flips scum feel free to ignore any misgivings I've had because that'd be 3 scum in 4 days and that's damn good, but if not then I dunno

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
What kind of method applies to a turbo in this game, is the night just longer or does the next day actually start earlier?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, i understand that. And since weemad is going today i really hope she's scum. But i just don't think she is.

Here's the thing. What do i really get out of batting for her towniness here? She's as good as dead so we're gonna find out for sure. 1) she's scum and i look hella suspect for trying to defend scum. 2) she's town and i just spent a whole day paintimg a target on my back in the most obvious way possible. Come on. I'm new to the game but i'm not stupid. This was some of the advice Fire gave me on mentor chat: 'never lie as town unless it's absolutely necessary to out scum.' Paraphrasing.

Mainly you.

Who else besides Splinter? The use of mainly implies that you have at least someone else in mind.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
like idk what people want from me, i've been trying to figure out the game, i've been engaging with everyone... how does that read as more scummy than the people trying to coast along with easy plays and little postings?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's just me, isn't it.

I'll be dead by the time any of this is relevant, you're gonna need a new theory

It was pretty much you. Maybe i'm just being dumb with all this and making the wrong connections and reads. I haven't read you as scum in this game before the claim tbf. I did not like your claim though, wee made a good point back at it and i think your reasoning wasn't very strong. But assuming your claim and the people you cleared are legit and also that the sleepwalker thing checks out, then we should be looking at people like Kits and Muffin and Stanley. I'm 99% sure there's scum in those names. Me? You're barking at the wrong tree and if you read my play throughout the entire game you'll see it clearly.

I'm kinda looking at Bronson as well now. I didn't like his turbo that took away any chance for Beat to claim or even say anything in his defense. He was vanilla but he could have been a PR. And if we're assuming wee is scum why are we also not looking at the targets she claims she cleared? Because she cleared Bronson. Wouldn't scum try to clear scum?

I'm throwing shit at the wall at this point, because i don't know. We got almost nothing to go on right now. Which is why i'm thinking that scum is mainly among the more silent paople. What i do know is that if wee flips town and i go next that's two more mislynches in a row. Assuming two more NKs to go along with those and there being around 3-4 scum left in the game and that's almost the game lost right there.

Who else besides Splinter? The use of mainly implies that you have at least someone else in mind.

Read above.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
like idk what people want from me, i've been trying to figure out the game, i've been engaging with everyone... how does that read as more scummy than the people trying to coast along with easy plays and little postings?
I've been consistent about the reason, you were one of the ones pushing Grizzly over Lux at the last minute. That alone is already a big deal to me personally. Besides that I haven't really perceived you as trying to figure out the game more than most, but you may of course disagree with me there.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been consistent about the reason, you were one of the ones pushing Grizzly over Lux at the last minute. That alone is already a big deal to me personally. Besides that I haven't really perceived you as trying to figure out the game more than most, but you may of course disagree with me there.

i actually had a good fucking reason though, but I guess that means shit or something just because

and I'm not arrogant enough to say "more than most" about my engagement in the game, com eon

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
i actually had a good fucking reason though, but I guess that means shit or something just because
Your reason was "I don't feel good about lynching someone who isn't there". That's pretty much it. That doesn't really make it a townie or scummy move in a vacuum. Lux being scum makes it a more likely scum move in my opinion, though there is of course chance of it being wrong, like with FEP who was more high profile. I'll take my chances there though over gutreads.

Not saying I want to lynch you today though. Weemad takes precedence and I think we should get that lynch out of the way first. We're gonna keep mulling over whether its a town or scum gambit tomorrow too otherwise without other discussion.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
i think it's really weird people have been scum reading me for really vapid reasons
You've been getting into a variety of random arguments that are often seem like distractions and I found the way that you were really keen to turbo Z-Beat yesterday a little heavy handed, considering he was getting read for not being there (I was also tempted to vote there but didn't get the chance because apparently our group can).

On top of that, I also wasn't keen on your Grizzly push.

In fact, you've been on all 3 town that have been lynched - Grizzly, fep and Z-Beat. Your voting record ain't looking great.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
*apparently our group can't hold off for 48 hours to vote) that should have said. Draft decided not to save for about the first time ever and when I actually needed it apparently.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your reason was "I don't feel good about lynching someone who isn't there". That's pretty much it. That doesn't really make it a townie or scummy move in a vacuum. Lux being scum makes it a more likely scum move in my opinion, though there is of course chance of it being wrong, like with FEP who was more high profile. I'll take my chances there though over gutreads.

Not saying I want to lynch you today though. Weemad takes precedence and I think we should get that lynch out of the way first. We're gonna keep mulling over whether its a town or scum gambit tomorrow too otherwise without other discussion.

lest we forget
all i'm gonna say is i've been lynched in mafia due to being asleep and unable to defend myself before
Yes and it looked like Lux was going to get the boot due to being unable to contribute because of real life reasons and I'm sorry but that's a shit reason to lynch somebody. At least leave the slot open so others can sub in, jeez...
(An andendum: I'm not personally blaming anyone with this because the game was fuckin' chaotic and messy and there was no real time to discuss any of it at the end)

It's not "That's pretty much it" it's "let's fucking leave the slot open at least on D1 of all days"

You've been getting into a variety of random arguments that are often seem like distractions and I found the way that you were really keen to turbo Z-Beat yesterday a little heavy handed, considering he was getting read for not being there (I was also tempted to vote there but didn't get the chance because apparently our group can).

On top of that, I also wasn't keen on your Grizzly push.

In fact, you've been on all 3 town that have been lynched - Grizzly, fep and Z-Beat. Your voting record ain't looking great.

how do you discern an argument from a distraction, is there some invisible metric

Also there comes a point (generally speaking, past D1) where i'm less forgiving of people who aren't able to participate in the game at all. If you don't think that's reasonable you're going to have to explain that one for me. There is a point where it's not reasonable. Everyone has different threshholds. The later we go, the less reasonable it becomes. You can't lynch someone D1 for real-life born inactivity. That's just shitty and disrespectful.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and it also means less people have a chance to participate in the game overall if the player then seeks to get someone to sub in, which, why have replacements at all if we're just going to lynch everyone early based solely on early game inactivity

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it. Let's do this and deal with whatever happens. I hope i'm wrong about you weemad.

Vote: weemadarthur

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also going after me for my Grizz vote is the easiest thing scum could do no matter how good my reasons were

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
lest we forget

It's not "That's pretty much it" it's "let's fucking leave the slot open at least on D1 of all days"

how do you discern an argument from a distraction, is there some invisible metric

Also there comes a point (generally speaking, past D1) where i'm less forgiving of people who aren't able to participate in the game at all. If you don't think that's reasonable you're going to have to explain that one for me. There is a point where it's not reasonable. Everyone has different threshholds. The later we go, the less reasonable it becomes. You can't lynch someone D1 for real-life born inactivity. That's just shitty and disrespectful.
I'm not questioning you not wanting to vote Lux on D1. I'm questioning you not wanting to give Z-Beat time to respond on D3.