• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
And I think you're evading questions today now that the spotlight is on you.
Point me to where I have evaded a question.
While we're at it, Muffin, who are you town-reading today?
That's easy. I'm guessing you mean besides the people who are pretty much confirmed? That would be Stuart and Bronson. I don't think the argument somebody else made before (as in, if they're so townread why didn't they get nked) holds. There were more important targets for scum. So I feel good about both.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Zipped just got to slip by because D2 was crazy, in a saner game he would have been a serious candidate much earlier, maybe he knew that

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
More people should put votes down just to show where they're at. At this point if town is going to lose it'll be through sheer inactivity rather than any big plays on the scum side.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
My vote will either stay on Saenima or move to Zipped or Muffin, haven't decided which I'd vote first between the two yet. It won't venture outside of those three today unless something happens.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Wee's only scum read being muffin of all people, along with voting him D1, stands out like a sore thumb. I think that was early bussing.

My vote is for muffin. I won't place it yet in case people are still rereading and stuff.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Hey everyone.

Sorry haven't been around, but I've been keeping up to date.

I should be leaning towards saenima... he seems intent on making me a target... but that's such a dumb move. I know that he stanned for wee and he's trying to divert attention from him. But trying to lynch me is just gonna buy him a day cause I will flip town.

My other scum reads: Muffin and Kitsunelaine.

Zipped also, to a point.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Wee's only scum read being muffin of all people, along with voting him D1, stands out like a sore thumb. I think that was early bussing.

My vote is for muffin. I won't place it yet in case people are still rereading and stuff.
What is this logic

I love how the argument is "Muffin is wees only scumread, clearly a bus" when that read list is from the day where we could only vote for half the players

Like that's being simply dishonest

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is this logic

I love how the argument is "Muffin is wees only scumread, clearly a bus" when that read list is from the day where we could only vote for half the players

Like that's being simply dishonest

you mean we couldn't talk about other players even though we couldn't vote for them?!?! man, my entire argument with hecht must have been a lie then

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The readslist from wee that was quoted and people are using is literally only the one half of the players.

As for the rest, dont put words in my mouth.

You're kinda downplaying the whole "Read you as scum D1 and kept you on the scumlist by all accounts" thing.

Doesn't matter what limitations there are to reads like that. The point Splints made is still valid, and you haven't sufficiently addressed it-- only deflected.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Being a fucking dork D1 is why
That's just this game, but yeah I was a dork day 1. But it was Sooooooo much fun because I mean we had basically nothing else day 1. I got 8 votes, half of which are still alive today (in fact 3of the last five voters on me day 1).

So I'm goin to stream of consciousness this...

And none of the other 4 people were scum,
I mean it was b-dubs. Z-beat, grizzly, and kopite. What are the odds? Stuart444 , kitsunelaine, bronsonlee, and WhysoDevious, all alive.

Bronsonlee and Stuart444 are pretty well town read across the board, kitsunelaine is on my radar but a lot of people seem to think that I could just be bussing fellow scum and WhysoDevious. Both of which the dead watcher may have saw at night.

None of the confirmed scum voted for me. That's weird the confirmed scum voted for each other... why didn't they throw votes my way if I am scum? Fake cop cleared bronsonlee... and he had turbo'd a nobody vanilla day 2.

*splinter comes in an gets us a good solve, clears three townies (even if one is dead) and drills into weemadarthur. Could be a massive scum bus, but hey also huge win of town (no neutral marking bomb and scum kill). Turmoil and GoG are cleared, great but they didn't vote for me day 1.

So that leaves kits and WhysoDevious. Who each of them might have been seen (based on weird use of words and the watchers vote early in the day).

Point is, I had 8 votes day one and none of the confirmed scum players voted for me when at least one of them had no trouble voting for each other day 1. Saucykaz and weemadarthur never voted for lux. Lux votes for Saucykaz, but not the other way around.

Saucykaz then voted for lux again day 2 (and then hilariously doesn't revote), but weemadarthur votes for FEP

Anyway, long story short

Too late...

I find it weird that out of 8 unique votes on day 1, when there are few risks, that none of them are scum.

For the record- I am no longer townie of town reading bronsonlee, because I feel he has as much chance as Kits, stuart444 and WSD to be scum.

I still feel that of those four scum is more likely to be kits or WSD, but I gotta leave the ball there for the other two o be really good scum hiding.

I'm not counting the turbo day 3 against bronsonlee though, I put him in the position to do it, so it's on me as much as him and I'm a pro turbo guy.

So that's my stream of consciousness post for Sunday. I'm tired and going to bed. I'll vote for kits or WSD and I feel that there is more to discuss about bronsonlee and stuart444 than I thought before

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Zipped just megajumped up my list

He put me in the position to turbo, but claimed when he did it it was just to keep everyone's thoughts together

I was very clear about the turbo potential on Zbeat

I think that was a setup to have me make that tactical error and he was just playing dumb

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
And counting those 8 D1 votes is sus as hell because votes were all over the place then and I ended up swapping to Lux last minute to break the tie Iirc

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Point me to where I have evaded a question.

That's easy. I'm guessing you mean besides the people who are pretty much confirmed? That would be Stuart and Bronson. I don't think the argument somebody else made before (as in, if they're so townread why didn't they get nked) holds. There were more important targets for scum. So I feel good about both.
A good chunk of your response to my last question was "look at my other posts and you'll see my reasons/evidence" instead of just explaining further.

That comes across as a little evasive to me.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
If we're all throwing our votes out, I'll likely be voting muffin.

I am holding a training session in Edinburgh today so will be out the house probably 6am-6pm with little access to my phone. Will check in when I can

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
A good chunk of your response to my last question was "look at my other posts and you'll see my reasons/evidence" instead of just explaining further.

That comes across as a little evasive to me.
Nah. That's not evading your question. That's referring you to where I've already answered it. Not gonna write up the same stuff over and over again to please people.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
You're kinda downplaying the whole "Read you as scum D1 and kept you on the scumlist by all accounts" thing.

Doesn't matter what limitations there are to reads like that. The point Splints made is still valid, and you haven't sufficiently addressed it-- only deflected.
What kinda gotcha are you going for here? What is there to adress? "Scum scumread you on D1 and later too so its obviously a bus"? Boo hoo, that's entirely up to ones interpretation. The hell am I supposed to debunk there? You'd think it would be obvious that the possibilities are as follows: I'ts a bus (pretty shitty of scum that their supposedly only scumread is a bus btw) or its not. The end.

See, this is what I mean with making nonsense posts. Thats not solving the game.

As for "deflecting"? Yeah, when your argument is based on a vote on D1 and a readslist from a day with limited voting then pointing that out isnt deflecting, at that point I have to wonder if the definition of deflecting changed recently or something. It's a pretty valid thing to point out.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What kinda gotcha are you going for here? What is there to adress?
The point where you don't dismiss the idea on a meaningless technicality that doesn't hold water.
? "Scum scumread you on D1 and later too so its obviously a bus"? Boo hoo, that's entirely up to ones interpretation.
It's also how games have been won.
The hell am I supposed to debunk there?
Again, you could have made a better dismissal. Making a point that so obviously doesn't hold water in your own defense as if it totally clears you isn't how you talk about these things.
You'd think it would be obvious that the possibilities are as follows: I'ts a bus (pretty shitty of scum that their supposedly only scumread is a bus btw) or its not. The end.
It would have been good if you had started out with this instead of saying, "this is invalid because Wee was talking on a day when the votes were split"

See, this is what I mean with making nonsense posts. Thats not solving the game.
Responding to "nonsense" with Nonsense isn't solving it either.

As for "deflecting"? Yeah, when your argument is based on a vote on D1 and a readslist from a day with limited voting then pointing that out isnt deflecting, at that point I have to wonder if the definition of deflecting changed recently or something. It's a pretty valid thing to point out.
No it isn't. You can't just say "This is invalid cuz I said so". Again, the point is the continued inclusion of you on a fake scumlist. Whether or not a person had other fake scumreads they weren't talking about at the time is so obviously beside the point it shouldn't have ever been needed to be pointed out. Instead you're just turning something you're claiming to be a waste of time here into even more of a waste of time.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's just this game, but yeah I was a dork day 1. But it was Sooooooo much fun because I mean we had basically nothing else day 1. I got 8 votes, half of which are still alive today (in fact 3of the last five voters on me day 1).

So I'm goin to stream of consciousness this...

And none of the other 4 people were scum,
I mean it was b-dubs. Z-beat, grizzly, and kopite. What are the odds? Stuart444 , kitsunelaine, bronsonlee, and WhysoDevious, all alive.

Bronsonlee and Stuart444 are pretty well town read across the board, kitsunelaine is on my radar but a lot of people seem to think that I could just be bussing fellow scum and WhysoDevious. Both of which the dead watcher may have saw at night.

None of the confirmed scum voted for me. That's weird the confirmed scum voted for each other... why didn't they throw votes my way if I am scum? Fake cop cleared bronsonlee... and he had turbo'd a nobody vanilla day 2.

*splinter comes in an gets us a good solve, clears three townies (even if one is dead) and drills into weemadarthur. Could be a massive scum bus, but hey also huge win of town (no neutral marking bomb and scum kill). Turmoil and GoG are cleared, great but they didn't vote for me day 1.

So that leaves kits and WhysoDevious. Who each of them might have been seen (based on weird use of words and the watchers vote early in the day).

Point is, I had 8 votes day one and none of the confirmed scum players voted for me when at least one of them had no trouble voting for each other day 1. Saucykaz and weemadarthur never voted for lux. Lux votes for Saucykaz, but not the other way around.

Saucykaz then voted for lux again day 2 (and then hilariously doesn't revote), but weemadarthur votes for FEP

Anyway, long story short

Too late...

I find it weird that out of 8 unique votes on day 1, when there are few risks, that none of them are scum.

For the record- I am no longer townie of town reading bronsonlee, because I feel he has as much chance as Kits, stuart444 and WSD to be scum.

I still feel that of those four scum is more likely to be kits or WSD, but I gotta leave the ball there for the other two o be really good scum hiding.

I'm not counting the turbo day 3 against bronsonlee though, I put him in the position to do it, so it's on me as much as him and I'm a pro turbo guy.

So that's my stream of consciousness post for Sunday. I'm tired and going to bed. I'll vote for kits or WSD and I feel that there is more to discuss about bronsonlee and stuart444 than I thought before

OMGUS over your own sus as hell D1 activity isn't substance, it's reactive, like screaming as you're being dragged out of a comfey place

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"i'm being called out over not participating in the game as much as I should AS WELL AS not doing what I said I'd do with the thing i was allegedly trying D1"
"oh btw everyone who's trying to pull me out of inactivity is scum"

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Do i need to fucking quote posts on this very page or something?

Pointing out that the statement "wees only scumread being muffin of all people" is bs since its based on half a readslist IS NOT DEFLECTING. Last time I checked "only" had a pretty specific meaning.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do i need to fucking quote posts on this very page or something?

Pointing out that the statement "wees only scumread being muffin of all people" is bs since its based on half a readslist IS NOT DEFLECTING. Last time I checked "only" had a pretty specific meaning.

the point is you're splitting hairs over technicalities that don't have as much impact on the overall point as you'd like as opposed to talking with other players about the substance. Even if you don't think it's deflecting it's only going to look like it to everyone else

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Really going for the gold medal in manufacturing an argument to gotcha somebody here

Just say that you just wanna vote me purely for OMGUS reasons, I can at least respect that instead of pretending you can gotcha me with an argument that assumes I and other people have the reading comprehension of a grade schooler

Going to sleep now. Looking forward to the obligatory "Muffin is scummy since he's being defensive" read. Just please make it a bit more original please.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to get you to step down from your high horse and engage with other members on the substance of their posts.
There is no actual substance in your posts here right now

And going for shitty gotchas sure as hell is not trying to get me to engage with others (which Ive been doing just fine when they asked me something in Gogs case or I had something to point out in Splinters case here btw) besides maybe getting me to engage with you over how bad I think those posts are.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, I didn't realise wee's read list was limited to half the players

On the other hand, I don't give a shit

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wee didn't use her power on N1, maybe her plan was to get towncred for being early on scum Muffin, who could just be a goon/bomb/joat with weak powers?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
OMGUS over your own sus as hell D1 activity isn't substance, it's reactive, like screaming as you're being dragged out of a comfey place
What did you think was the point of a town player drawing that much attention to themselves day 1?

I could have coasted and done nothing, instead I intentionally drew votes trying to see who would vote and who wouldn't based on something that could be game and might not be. And I drew 8 votes over the course of about 24 hours, with it eventually stopping and the votes going towards another town player (who had confirmed scum on them) and a scum player (who didn't). All by one vote.

Why can't I look at these and try to read between the lines?

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
What did you think was the point of a town player drawing that much attention to themselves day 1?

I could have coasted and done nothing, instead I intentionally drew votes trying to see who would vote and who wouldn't based on something that could be game and might not be. And I drew 8 votes over the course of about 24 hours, with it eventually stopping and the votes going towards another town player (who had confirmed scum on them) and a scum player (who didn't). All by one vote.

Why can't I look at these and try to read between the lines?
And what do you read from all of that?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
MOVE: Orange Room

Are we guessing that all private chats will be silenced during this day?

If so, I'll take that right now over probable protection in the yellow room.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
My concern with the orange room is that it might be referring to power roles rather than private chats.

Then again, assuming I'm dead tonight anyway we probably don't have any more PRs active.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which I hope is a read that makes sense to everyone other than Zipped because he seems too invested in the defense to see it.