• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If everybody who then suspects you is a scum potential in your mind you're not scum hunting you're target searching. That's why Zipped's gambit holds no water if you look at it from a Town perspective.

I miss being able to edit. But i understand the reason why. Sorry for the post spam. ;^;

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just, like, imagine that all as part of one perfect post and not a series of disconnected thoughts. *Weeps*

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think zipped should be the vote today.

I'm not town-reading him, but drawing attention to himself so needlessly on day 1 is not something I suspect mafia would do.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think zipped should be the vote today.

I'm not town-reading him, but drawing attention to himself so needlessly on day 1 is not something I suspect mafia would do.

Depends on how they planned the play. Could be a ton of rationale that makes it work. Maybe some planned interplay that fell apart when Scum started losing members.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that hecht vs saenima was TvT so I wanted them to stop fighting and look at other people, Hecht did it but saenima wasn't receptive to the idea, maybe it was an attempt at protecting wee? Same reasoning could go for stu too

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
==== DAY 5 VOTES ====
Day Start

Zippedpinhead (3 votes)
turmoil7 - #5,217
Kitsunelaine - #5,297
Muffin - #5,348

Muffin (2 votes)
saenima - #5,317
Stuart444 - #5,329

saenima (1 votes)
Kalor - #5,311

Kalor (0 votes)
BronsonLee - #5,237 #5,312

Not voting: *Splinter, Zippedpinhead, BronsonLee, Girlofgotham, WhySoDevious

Post Counts:
Kitsunelaine: 35 BronsonLee: 32 saenima: 32 Muffin: 23 Girlofgotham: 18 turmoil7: 16 Stuart444: 16 Kalor: 14 *Splinter: 12 Zippedpinhead: 11 WhySoDevious: 5 StanleyPalmtree: 1

Current Countdown:
2fw9zedvy3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
three voices rooms remain. And honestly I believe that if we go green it will block orange and vice versus. In fact maybe all of these rooms will block both of the other voice rooms.

So with that being said I'm going orange. I think these have to deal with side chats. And since I'm not in one I think that pacifying or muddling them is preferred to protecting them. Especially with scum likely having the last side chat.

move: orange room

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're gonna gave to explain that 'thought experiment' again Zippedpinhead. I have no idea what you're getting at with those votes on you being suspicious or otherwise. I can imagine most people who didn't vote for you on day 1 did it for the same reason as i. Because the thing you were doing was just too dumb and on the nose to be scum. Maybe we were wrong tho.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Loathe as I am to admit it this feels like it's between Zipped and Muffin unless Sae makes a tactical error

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also Sae because he's in hiding mode now

Having to do stuff in real life is not being in hiding mode.

I thought that hecht vs saenima was TvT so I wanted them to stop fighting and look at other people, Hecht did it but saenima wasn't receptive to the idea, maybe it was an attempt at protecting wee? Same reasoning could go for stu too

I'm glad i got Hecht's scent and never let go. Otherwise the game might be over by now. He had most people in his pocket.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah I felt bad after saying that tbh because it was like 8 in the damn morning

I should just edit my posts I WOULD NEVER BE CAUGHT I'M THE ONLY STAFF MEMBER LEFT

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the rooms.

If we assume those voices are chat rooms, wouldn't the best option be Green? It would probably shutdown scum chat for the day. What could muddling a chat mean? Some sort of writing restriction on chat maybe, does that make sense to anyone? Or protect it?

I don't think it's chat though.

It's either roles or votes i think. Probably roles. Because there were other rooms already affecting votes, might be too many if three more were present. Which would mean that at this point Green might also be the best option? What active town roles do we have left? Cop will be dead tonight probably. Vig says he's out of shots. If anything this would block scum roles.

Thoughts?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, for disclosure. I'll be here for the most part but will have some minor stuff to do later. Should be back just before EOD. Like 30 minutes before or so.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe the yellow room has a mechanic where we can vote to lynch and also vote to protect someone?

Assuming voices mean votes.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing a bunch of votes here that are just following the two big lynches. At least put a bit effort into killing me off

Like Devious, you've mentioned me twice in this entire thread, and both of those posts are today.

Saenima at least mentioned me a bit more, but the only reasoning I can find is "scum is coasting" while also mentioning people like Stan who turned out town.

At least Splinter tried to theorize about something.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I knew that Devious hadn't mentioned Muffin much but I didn't realize it was that little.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
and y'all wonder why my top two scum are Kits and WSD?

I am such a weak lynch today. I messed around day 1 to try and see who would vote for me, I was on lux like white on Rice day 1 and day 2, Practically instant on Weemadarthur day 4, I had town read Saucykaz day 2 but hey I'm human. I knew that Hecht wasn't playing a full town game day 3.

Lynching me is lazy today, and just eliminates a vanilla town.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder when someone would role claim lol.

If your lynch is lazy then why not point to a non-lazy lynch?
I am pro turbo, and honestly if I had been in Bronsonlee's position day 3 I might have done the same thing BUT there is one inconsistency and Kits pointed it out yesterday...

Bronsonlee, turbos day 3, but doesn't day 4. In fact he unvoted to avoid the turbo and then didn't come back. Why do that? With a dual cop claim day and weemadarthur not having another investigation result on day 4 start I feel it was a forgone conclusion that of the two she was being lynched. She was very nice about it, but the unvote sounded off, especially with how pro turbo he was the day before.

In addition, Day 2, on Kaz twice (though never on lux despite being the final vote on Lux the previous day). Almost like someone who wanted town cred for later flips "hey look, I was on these people back before we knew they were scum" but when push came to shove he ended up on FEP with

Vote: flatearthpandas
I don't do ties and see very little reason to waste a lynch on someone who's already gonna die

Alone they look inocuous, but taken together with the lack of the lux vote and then the no turbo on scum day 4. It makes sense to me that Bronsonlee wanted to protect scum day 4 after toying with town looks day 1 and 2.

He was also false cleared by Weemadarthur who was confirmed scum but not *splinter, who either bussed a fellow teammate hard with weemadarthur or is our actual cop.

I'm town team-cop.
*SNIP*
I copped bronson N1 and got "same team" which is why i reversed my read. I crumbed this one with the post about him being the most sus noob.

So in conclusion I think Bronsonlee is scum, based on my day 1 votes on me analysis, and this pattern of voting for scum when its easy, but not now that its hard.

Vote: Bronsonlee

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
This is all you've said about me so far Devious

I'm seriously impressed
I mentioned you here, too.. https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...-to-your-secrets.98776/page-108#post-18257917

These are the ones I've accepted as town:
*Splinter
turmoil7
Girlofgotham
Kalor
WhySoDevious

I'm undecided about (from least to most):
BronsonLee (that Kalor vote... wth?)
Stuart444
Zippedpinhead

My scum reads (in order from least to most):
Muffin
Kitsunelaine
Saenima

At this point it's just a bit of elimination. You've been scum-reading me... I know I'm town... so I feel like you're trying to divert attention from yourself and trying to put it on me.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
so I feel like you're trying to divert attention from yourself and trying to put it on me.
Nah, if somebody votes me with such a staggering amount of laziness I'm gonna call that out.

Being mislynched is fine, we can afford as much I think with how many confirmed people we have. But I'm gonna make sure that I mention things that stand out to me leading up to the mislynch at least :)

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I am pro turbo, and honestly if I had been in Bronsonlee's position day 3 I might have done the same thing BUT there is one inconsistency and Kits pointed it out yesterday...

Bronsonlee, turbos day 3, but doesn't day 4. In fact he unvoted to avoid the turbo and then didn't come back. Why do that? With a dual cop claim day and weemadarthur not having another investigation result on day 4 start I feel it was a forgone conclusion that of the two she was being lynched. She was very nice about it, but the unvote sounded off, especially with how pro turbo he was the day before.

In addition, Day 2, on Kaz twice (though never on lux despite being the final vote on Lux the previous day). Almost like someone who wanted town cred for later flips "hey look, I was on these people back before we knew they were scum" but when push came to shove he ended up on FEP with

Alone they look inocuous, but taken together with the lack of the lux vote and then the no turbo on scum day 4. It makes sense to me that Bronsonlee wanted to protect scum day 4 after toying with town looks day 1 and 2.

He was also false cleared by Weemadarthur who was confirmed scum but not *splinter, who either bussed a fellow teammate hard with weemadarthur or is our actual cop.

So in conclusion I think Bronsonlee is scum, based on my day 1 votes on me analysis, and this pattern of voting for scum when its easy, but not now that its hard.

Vote: Bronsonlee

Didn't turbo Day 4 because I was wrong and we turboed a town player, and feared the same for weem. I was also only gone for like 2 hours.

Was on Kaz twice because Lux got shot with like 4 hours left, and then Kaz unvoted and didn't come back. Ended up on FEP but was very clearly set up to put Kaz out if he came back.

I'll wait things out a little more but I sense nonsense here.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Also I'm calling bullshit on people who are trying to bring up early votes that are unvoted with the quickness

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
triple post but fuck it I don't care

it's pretty clear to me now that zipped realizes he might be screwed so he's gonna shoot his shot now and let jesus take the wheel, he did the same thing D1 and got out, coasted the others, but sees he's back on the firing line now

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Also I'm calling bullshit on people who are trying to bring up early votes that are unvoted with the quickness
If you call 17 hours quick.

You're probably town, man... it's just that eeeeeehhh moment. I can't be as sure as I was the day before.

Unless something comes up in the following days, right now I don't see myself voting for you.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If you call 17 hours quick.

You're probably town, man... it's just that eeeeeehhh moment. I can't be as sure as I was the day before.

Unless something comes up in the following days, right now I don't see myself voting for you.

I wanted Kalor to put a vote down that I liked
He put a vote down that I liked
Unvote within like 10 mins or some such IIRC

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
triple post but fuck it I don't care

it's pretty clear to me now that zipped realizes he might be screwed so he's gonna shoot his shot now and let jesus take the wheel, he did the same thing D1 and got out, coasted the others, but sees he's back on the firing line now
Zipped is in the lab and is vanilla townie.

Have you even thought about who your next shots are? Turmoil has alternated on who o look for when I flip town. I have alternates if you flipped town (specifically kits and then WSD).

I have been on the firing line days 1, 2 and today. But my best most helpful thing I can do is outline who I have a case for and why. That way when/if I get lynched and someone says "oh he was town". They can look and see where my mind was.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about Devious and I can't understand why this game needs two sleepwalkers, especially two with no differences. From what we know, Godfather was the only role that would notice them and in that case, two sleepwalkers would be excessive. Maybe scum have a role that's able to see them as well but that's pointless because that knowledge doesn't tell scum anything. The issue which makes me slightly weary of voting for Devious is that the names are linked together. If I remember correctly, Devious said their name first so I don't think they made one up to match Turmoil

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
In fact

Vote: WhySoDevious

Two sleepwalkers that are exactly the same makes no sense with the rest of the roles that we know. I can't imagine there's another town aligned role that sees movement/people visited at night. I'm able to believe that Devious/rest of the scum team made up a name that lined up with the night and it happened to match Turmoils in a happy coincidence.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Muffin You're right, man... it is a lazy vote and you have me second-guessing myself now... I was reading the thread late Saturday when you were most active posting... and I had an impression... but re-reading it now, I'm not sure what I saw anymore.

Being wishy-washy is not a good look, I know. If you're scum, then sucks on me for changing my vote.

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
==== DAY 5 VOTES ====
Day Start

Zippedpinhead (4 votes)
turmoil7 - #5,217
Kitsunelaine - #5,297
Muffin - #5,348
Kalor - #5,419 #5,438
WhySoDevious - #5,439

Muffin (3 votes)
saenima - #5,317
Stuart444 - #5,329
*Splinter - #5,405
WhySoDevious - #5,417 #5,439

WhySoDevious (1 votes)
Kalor - #5,438

BronsonLee (1 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #5,426

Kalor (0 votes)
BronsonLee - #5,237 #5,312

saenima (0 votes)
Kalor - #5,311 #5,419

Not voting: BronsonLee, Girlofgotham

Post Counts:
BronsonLee: 40 saenima: 38 Kitsunelaine: 35 Muffin: 27 Girlofgotham: 18 Kalor: 18 Stuart444: 17 turmoil7: 16 Zippedpinhead: 15 *Splinter: 14 WhySoDevious: 11 StanleyPalmtree: 1

Current Countdown:
2fw9zedvy3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!