• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I was trying to make myself look a little scummy all throughout the game and I just ended up overdoing it there which was bad on me.

I wanted to look scummy to survive.

Hell, look at me last day phase. LOOK at my POST count.

I had 39 posts last day phase, when has that EVER happened with me? You vets should know that I'm a heavy poster.

I thought it'd make me look suspect and keep scum from hitting me.

I'm a neutral survivor. My wincon is the simplest survive until the end of the game to win.

I wish I got Hecht's wincon, it sounded like a lot more fun :(

so there ya have it. That's me. A stupid survivalist that got too overeager to try and look scummy. Should have just done another low activity day or something. *mumble mumble*

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Ok

We have more than enough time to lynch a neutral

(I don't think he's a neutral, but that's irrelevant)

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I literally have no idea how people town read me.

When I am town, people scum read me. Now that I'm a neutral trying to act scummy, people town read me, it's like "wut?"

Though the newbies can be forgiven for not seeing what I was doing yesterday as they wouldn't know how heavy a poster I usually am.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Ok

We have more than enough time to lynch a neutral

(I don't think he's a neutral, but that's irrelevant)

sure, or you can try and get scum so I can get my wincon :(.

I just wanna survive.

I'm harmless now to both town and scum. Town won't believe what I say because my interest is in surviving, doesn't matter with what team I win with. And Scum won't shoot me as I'm an easy target if town struggles to think of who is scum.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Consider the size of the game, would two neutrals be a surprise?

Even more so when one neutral role is fun (Hecht's) and one is boring (mines)

;_;

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
sure, or you can try and get scum so I can get my wincon :(.

I just wanna survive.

I'm harmless now to both town and scum. Town won't believe what I say because my interest is in surviving, doesn't matter with what team I win with. And Scum won't shoot me as I'm an easy target if town struggles to think of who is scum.
Sorry Stu, but you're neutral or scum. Can't risk it.

It costs a day to lynch you, but you bring lylo forward a day while you're alive, so even in the worst case scenario where you flip neutral, we don't lose anything.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I did notice your low post count yesterday. Though I just put it down as life.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Tell you what.

We lynch kits, we lynch Zipped. If the game ends congrats you won, if it doesn't we have to lynch you at that point

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
anyway, now that the cats out of the bag, lynch Zipped or Kits. I'm sure one of them is scum.

Saenima is also a contender but town is in a good place I'd say.

(I'm helping because scum has less players, the sooner we get rid of them, the sooner I and town wins)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with delaying the Stu lynch for now. This almost definitely means only 2 scum are left.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Tell you what.

We lynch kits, we lynch Zipped. If the game ends congrats you won, if it doesn't we have to lynch you at that point
I don't know if people want to go for this plan or not, but I can't stress the bolded enough. I still think Stu is more likely scum than neutral, I just don't mind lynching the others first because I think we have to lynch all three anyway

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
If we leave Stu till the end and there are no more scum, does the game end at that point and he wins?

Or would the game go on until only town remains?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I'd be ok with a Stu vote before a zipped vote, but not today, though.

I already submitted my vote. Kits has been pushing a lot of people today, maybe hoping something sticks... "Splinter lied, he must be scum"... "WSD cause let's punish fake green checks"... "despite all that I'm voting for zipped" (I'm paraphrasing these, not literal quotes).

Voted for her yesterday (she was awfully quiet about that - don't think she acknowledged it) so I expected she'd be pushing harder for me today.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wake up to this huh? I was thinking there might be another neutral so i'm inclined to believe Stu here. As others have said we should focus on kits and zipped before him. Speaking of kits, that's another day full of bad arguments. Just flailing around trying to deflect the suspicion into everyone else. First splinter then kalor then zipped. Kalor's really stood out as there's no way kits really believes the argument she was making there. At this point i think i'd rather vote kits than zipped.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right now i'm thinking that Stu is neutral and either zipped and kits are scum bussing each other, or only of them is scum, which leaves more scum hiding elsewhere. Bronson?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So here are some thoughts. What are the chances that all 4 new players are town? How does player assignment work? Is it all RNG or would Brazil create some exceptions for balance?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Right now, I assume scum's night targets will be turmoil and Kalor since they haven't pushed back against their claims.

Now they have a way to raise doubts on Splinter and GoG, and my claim has always been doubted by some. They can work with that.

So I think yellow might be a good choice to protect one of them if that's how it works.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Right now, I assume scum's night targets will be turmoil and Kalor since they haven't pushed back against their claims.

Now they have a way to raise doubts on Splinter and GoG, and my claim has always been doubted by some. They can work with that.

So I think yellow might be a good choice to protect one of them if that's how it works.
If we protect one they'll just target the other.

We need to time this protection for the night where we only have 1 confirmed townie alive. So... day 6 now, day 8 we vote for yellow, day 9 we vote to protect the last of me/turm/kalor/Gotham, night 10 scum has to kill an unknown (or noone).

I think it's day 8, unless I miscounted.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
So how many people have voted already?

I'm not asking who you voted for, but with this many people voting already or at least saying they voted already. I think that if we were all voting for the same people, the day would have ended.

If you going to lynch me, fine, I'm vanilla town. You know what you get. But make sure that when you do you are clear with the next steps.

Kits, trying out splinter if it comes to that, I made a case for bronsonlee yesterday (so once I flip town does that give it more credence than before?)

It is apparent to me that to win this game good old fashioned scum hunting will need to take place.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
If we protect one they'll just target the other.

We need to time this protection for the night where we only have 1 confirmed townie alive. So... day 6 now, day 8 we vote for yellow, day 9 we vote to protect the last of me/turm/kalor/Gotham, night 10 scum has to kill an unknown (or noone).

I think it's day 8, unless I miscounted.
They'll already target 1 tonight. We can save the other one tomorrow.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
They'll already target 1 tonight. We can save the other one tomorrow.
Assuming it works like the other rooms have, the protection will only last for one night. That's why we have to time it right.
I see. So the odds of all 4 of us being town are fairly low.

And yes, i'm well aware of where this line of thinking could ultimately put me suspicion wise.
This is a flawed way of looking at the game. You could take any set of 4 players and say it's unlikely they're all town. Doesn't matter if it's 4 newbies or first 4 alphabetically or whatever, the odds are the same.