• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It did help *Splinter break out of his tunnel early so he could become the town leader at the end.
giphy.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
One of the most memorable things I've seen in a Mafia game so far, besides the D2 of this game of course.
Brazil said:
You are a Neutral player who is only aligned with yourself. You win if 4 other players die by any possible means during the Night after the Blue Room is chosen.
The group will visit the Blue Room next.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
and to think Splinter of all people could've saved me

and that scum gave up a triple kill by fake-claiming cop in order to kill me lol

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was kind of hoping stu would pull out at least one more day phase, but alas, the game was done as soon as I went to bed that one fateful night

good game

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Ok, so, the remaining Rooms were:

Green Room - There would be no lynch. The most pro-scum room there in the game. People would still be able to vote for "No Lynch", however, and "hammer" it to end the day early.
Grey Room - Anyone who moved their vote more than 3 times would be roleblocked. This was planned as an early game room - I thought the description would be alluring due to its uncertainty -, and the idea behind it was to create a dynamic that would leave PRs more hesitant to vote, while vanilla townies would be left with the weight of having to show constraint as well to not give away their position.
Purple Room - This one is similar to the Grey Room, but weirder and harsher. The player who moved their vote around the most during the day would be killed. Naturally, the idea wasn't to have any extra kills, but to make it so that people would only vote once during the phase.

The Red Room obviously would also have a glass wall, but players would only be able to vote within their own groups.

More than one sleepwalker is OP
Since town didn't have that many active PRs, I decided to add two identical sleepwalkers to dillute the tracker's and the self-watcher's powers. Just as easily as you trusted WSD, a different player in your position could've ended up deciding to thunderdome him over the claim - maybe suspecting a role cop, or even a scum equivalent of their own power. The names were there to add a little spice to that doubt (or to reinforce the trust).

Game was fun, Brazil . Not a fan of RNG and how swingy it can be, but it worked out well. I was kinda cheering for Hecht after I died. Felt bad my role torpedo'd his claim. Inconsistency between roes almost always leads to a lynch, wrong or right. That would maybe be my biggest feedback for game balance.

Also really wish we'd codify the scum kill/no kill options.
I'm not a big fan of RNG either, but I figured I could get away with a single element like that in there. Naturally, it turned out to have a big impact, haha.

The inconsistency between the three BP roles was purposeful, as Stan's Berserk Mafia - a game in which all scum roles had asymmetrical equivalents within town - was one of the big inspirations for this game. I liked that, and I wanted to use those small differences as a balancing tool. Since the self-watcher's power was passive, I wanted to give that player an edge. With the knowledge that they'd be warned if their BP was hit, they'd have reason to suspect claims from the neutral and scum BPs.

Thank you, Brazil.

Thank you, everyone.

I really enjoyed the game.

When's the next one?
They should be right around the corner :)

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
turmoil and muffin. was probably gonna mark saenima or dubs the last night
You son of a bitch, you'd kill the doctor?

Also, how did you all not figure out I was the doctor until I died/the scum tracked me? I was not subtle at all.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How was my play this game? I think I handled everything a whole lot better than any game previous. I know I kind of shot myself in the foot on my last day, but I was kind of panicking.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
who knew all you had to do to win as town is have everyone claim on day 2

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to mention that I really like the touch of Blargonaut and the time machine being the ones behind the fluff of the game, the lore keeps getting deeper

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll respond tomorrow when I've read and re-read a couple of posts.

I'm new to everyone but everyone is new to me. There's no previous familiarity, is what I'm getting at. That makes it even harder to get a read on people.

I need to get to bed. Night everyone!

WhySoDevious did you breadcrumb anything?

Can you show us an example of how your reads changed after GF's claim? After mine? How did you saw the game before and after those events

I will have a look at that later

I have no idea what breadcrumbing means in this context.

My reads have been almost solely based on voting records... trying to deduce something, but I've already been wrong twice, so I'm sure that's not reliable.

Breadcrumbing is dropping small hints about your role in what seem like random posts. For example, like someone saying they were tired and later revealing they were a sleepwalker.

I thought about doing this, but decided not to.

So, no, no breadcrumbing.

I'll respond tomorrow when I've read and re-read a couple of posts.

I'm new to everyone but everyone is new to me. There's no previous familiarity, is what I'm getting at. That makes it even harder to get a read on people.

I need to get to bed. Night everyone!

bobross_kisshakb3.gif

Kalor did you notice that 'breadcrumb'?

After you pointed that I was like 'holy shit I am sure he breadcrumbed it somewhere' lol