• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
CPNG3r4.png

Lol, I like how the picture they found for her is of cosplay.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Someone hit up Kingpin with a Facebook post saying the Netflix shows will be returning in two years on FX, and he was like, yeah, don't trust that nonsense.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Someone hit up Kingpin with a Facebook post saying the Netflix shows will be returning in two years on FX, and he was like, yeah, don't trust that nonsense.
I'm expecting Daredevil to get the Disney+ treatment, just like Moon Knight
Marvel Studios seems to be making 3 trillion shows anyway if rumors are true
Hopefully D'Nofrio comes back if/when it does, perfect casting, no reason to change it

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I think the only essential cast member to carry over is Charlie Cox as Matt, I find D'Nofrio as Kingpin a tad overrated.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Welp the Joe Russo Spider-Man thread in OT is a total shitshow. What a surprise. Gives me a headache just reading through it.

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
Not at y'all saying no to poc xavier and magneto... who are known to be inspired by fucking malcom x and MLKjr
+ every actor that has played magneto is not fucking jewish lmao.

I'm here for it honestly as a black fan it's fucked up that it's about injustices and marginilized folk but it's made up of white people, no wonder people are thirsty for a solo storm project, it will actually make sense for the theme.

I have always been put off of being a full time x-men fan cause it can be heavy handed and really fucking gross, it's why i'm still not a fan of kitty pryde and honestly grossed out by her most of the time for her use of racial slurs.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Welp the Joe Russo Spider-Man thread in OT is a total shitshow. What a surprise. Gives me a headache just reading through it.

I laughed at a post in the second page saying that comic book movies are the bane of cinema and that they should disappear. That dude is in for a rough couple of decades filmwise.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I laughed at a post in the second page saying that comic book movies are the bane of cinema and that they should disappear. That dude is in for a rough couple of decades filmwise.
Sad thing is this isn't the first, nor will it be the last Spider-Man MCU thread that will turn into a shitshow
It's just best to ignore these threads, and every superhero movie related thread in the OT in general, they can get as bad or worse than console war threads in gaming
I've said my peace many times about it, now I'm just waiting for the next major development of the story

Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing was going to be a mess when Sony fanboys, who know little about Sony Pictures and care mostly about the gaming side of things, got involved with their "but Spideyverse" nonsense.

It's easy to spot the folks that don't care for the character, but just want their company to succeed.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
This whole thing was going to be a mess when Sony fanboys, who know little about Sony Pictures and care mostly about the gaming side of things, got involved with their "but Spideyverse" nonsense.

It's easy to spot the folks that don't care for the character, but just want their company to succeed.
Exactly. As much as I love Spider-verse, it has become the new Fury Road and BR2049 for this forum. Had this been Disney vs WB or Fox or Universal then you didn't wouldn't be seeing the same type of replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you know every MCU thread going forward will be the same shit.

Endgame, and by extension the entire MCU, has now taken that "punching bag" spot from Avatar.

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
Raimi fans are so goddamn delusional, their trilogy is fucking over whats not clicking??? It's sad to see spiderverse fans becoming as delusional as them, there is going to be like 2 spinoffs and a whole fucking seqeul why are they still foaming at the mouth against mcu spidey?? it's pathetic.

I have been an mcu stan since the first time i laid my eyes on it and i am going to continue being one with or without spidey so obviously everyone that has a grudge against the mcu is using this current situation to it's full advantage and being as shady and hatefull as they can possibly be so don't tire yourselves out arguing with people that have already made up their minds.

I seriously saw someone on twitter say that without spidey endgame wouldn't have broken the record and we mcu fans should be thankful cause this goes all the way back to raimi's trilogy for making it possible and popular, that was enough to make me dip. I could have stayed and gone into excruciating detail about how the event movie that had 70% of it's runtime include spidey(IW) paled in comparison to the one that had him for 5 minutes but.... well.. all of that energy? nah im good.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you know every MCU thread going forward will be the same shit.

Endgame, and by extension the entire MCU, has now taken that "punching bag" spot from Avatar.
After a decade of taking "ferngully in space" shit, there's for sure about to a new Avatar revivalist movement among the usual suspects now

Sculli redeemed!

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

And we sure have experience with those people, don't we Prime? :risi: :shawnsmug:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Raimi fans are so delusional, their trilogy is fucking over whats not clicking??? It's sad to see spiderverse fans becoming as delusional as them, there is going to be like 2 spinoffs and a whole fucking seqeul why are they still foaming at the mouth against mcu spidey?? it's pathetic.

they cling to the "HE'S JUST IRON BOY" shit and never let go

as if the discourse wasn't "UNCLE BEN AGAIN?!?!?" as the ASM movies flopped

god forbid Feige try something different with the character to shake things up AND make him better fit in the shared universe. of course, don't let that get in the way of the "MCU is too safe" or "MCU has no stakes" meme

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Spider-Verse>>>Raimi trilogy>>>>>>Venom>>>>>>>MCU>>>>>>>>>Garfield

BUT

I think people need to learn that there is room for all of these interpretations. I mean, Spider-Man has often had several books running at once with different tones/feels. I love seeing different takes on the same character, there's no "right" or "wrong" one.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc

Okay I also totally get why people wouldn't like. But I will take an overambitious nutty mess that has a lot of interesting things to say over a color by numbers obligatory thing anyday. It's basically how I approach any art thing. The Matrix sequels are messy but I have some real affinity for them. I was always more into the dumb philosophical side of the series anyway.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I also totally get why people wouldn't like. But I will take an overambitious nutty mess that has a lot of interesting things to say over a color by numbers obligatory thing anyday. It's basically how I approach any art thing. The Matrix sequels are messy but I have some real affinity for them. I was always more into the dumb philosophical side of the series anyway.

I loved the Matrix movies and I wanted to cry when I came out of the third one because it was like running a sprint and then tripping and face planting at the end. I was so disappointed.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I loved the Matrix movies and I wanted to cry when I came out of the third one because it was like running a sprint and then tripping and face planting at the end. I was so disappointed.

A lot of people feel like Reloaded is the worst too. It's definitely the type of series that was probably hurt by having a more by the numbers studio film first and then more auteur weirdness for the much hyped sequels. I find they probably hold up a lot better now then they did at the time (CGI aside).

It's like how people hated Mann's Miami Vice when it came out and now it's regarded as maybe his greatest work. Expectations among a mainstream popcorn movie audience are difficult to deal with at times.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Raimi fans are so goddamn delusional, their trilogy is fucking over whats not clicking??? It's sad to see spiderverse fans becoming as delusional as them, there is going to be like 2 spinoffs and a whole fucking seqeul why are they still foaming at the mouth against mcu spidey?? it's pathetic.

I have been an mcu stan since the first time i laid my eyes on it and i am going to continue being one with or without spidey so obviously everyone that has a grudge against the mcu is using this current situation to it's full advantage and being as shady and hatefull as they can possibly be so don't tire yourselves out arguing with people that have already made up their minds.

I seriously saw someone on twitter say that without spidey endgame wouldn't have broken the record and we mcu fans should be thankful cause this goes all the way back to raimi's trilogy for making it possible and popular, that was enough to make me dip. I could have stayed and gone into excruciating detail about how the event movie that had 70% of it's runtime include spidey(IW) paled in comparison to the one that had him for 5 minutes but.... well.. all of that energy? nah im good.

Someone made that same point in the OT thread, that the only reason the MCU exists is because of the Raimi movies, despite coming 2 years after the x-men started the current super hero boom.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The gloating comes from MCU haters who think losing Spider-Man is some sort of deathblow. "Now they only have a bunch of nonames to continue the franchise known for taking nonames and turning them into A-listers"

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man threads on here are the fucking worst.

I have been pretty much ignoring all of them lately. Incessant stanning of other Spider-Man movies (even when the thread doesn't call for it), having to deal with very unoriginal hot takes on Holland's Spidey, like "Iron Man Jr.", the weird (but not unexpected) gloating over him leaving the MCU, etc. etc.

It's always something, and it's always exhausting.

Right now in particular there's really no point in entering the Spidey threads regarding to Holland no longer being in the MCU unless you like arguing with the same people over and over again. If something actually changes between Disney and Sony, that'd be swell. But for now it's over, so I don't even bother with those threads.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting Daredevil to get the Disney+ treatment, just like Moon Knight
Marvel Studios seems to be making 3 trillion shows anyway if rumors are true
Hopefully D'Nofrio comes back if/when it does, perfect casting, no reason to change it

I'm so conflicted about this. On one hand, Daredevil already ended perfectly. If we never get another season of Daredevil again, I'd be totally okay with that because - as a stand-alone thing - Daredevil was as good as I could ask for. Yet, on the other hand, I can't deny I'd be happy to see it continue. I would say, though, that they should just keep everyone onboard. There's no real reason to recast anyone and I'd personally love a ''low level" part of the MCU world where you've got stuff like Murdock and Walters as lawyers and Jones being all investigative and stuff, solving crimes both in and out of their superhero costumes.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I hope that once they start rolling the X-men into the MCU that we start to get solo mutant Disney+ shows. Maybe every major character from the X-men team they decide to go with gets a 6 episode origin mini-series that builds up the release of the film.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
The gloating comes from MCU haters who think losing Spider-Man is some sort of deathblow. "Now they only have a bunch of nonames to continue the franchise known for taking nonames and turning them into A-listers"

That's what makes this even funnier. The reactions when these nonames make bank at the box office are going to be hilarious.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I have been pretty much ignoring all of them lately. Incessant stanning of other Spider-Man movies (even when the thread doesn't call for it), having to deal with very unoriginal hot takes on Holland's Spidey, like "Iron Man Jr.", the weird (but not unexpected) gloating over him leaving the MCU, etc. etc.

It's always something, and it's always exhausting.

Right now in particular there's really no point in entering the Spidey threads regarding to Holland no longer being in the MCU unless you like arguing with the same people over and over again. If something actually changes between Disney and Sony, that'd be swell. But for now it's over, so I don't even bother with those threads.
I got a 5 day ban in the old thread for pointing out that us being on a video game forum means that there are going to be Sony fans rooting for this simply because Sony makes PlayStations.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I hope that once they start rolling the X-men into the MCU that we start to get solo mutant Disney+ shows. Maybe every major character from the X-men team they decide to go with gets a 6 episode origin mini-series that builds up the release of the film.
If there isn't a Doop series then Disney doesn't know what they're doing.

Oct 25, 2017
Not at y'all saying no to poc xavier and magneto... who are known to be inspired by fucking malcom x and MLKjr
+ every actor that has played magneto is not fucking jewish lmao.

I'm here for it honestly as a black fan it's fucked up that it's about injustices and marginilized folk but it's made up of white people, no wonder people are thirsty for a solo storm project, it will actually make sense for the theme.

I have always been put off of being a full time x-men fan cause it can be heavy handed and really fucking gross, it's why i'm still not a fan of kitty pryde and honestly grossed out by her most of the time for her use of racial slurs.

Just to be clear, are you saying Jewish people aren't marginalized?

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc

This isn't really true. Chris Claremont has said it was the case but there was 20 years of those characters before that happened. I think in modern comics it's been a bit more of a common touchstone for those characters (in comics and movies) but there is no evidence at all that MLK/Malcolm X directly inspired the characters and their creation. It's just completely unsupported by any evidence that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were thinking that at the time. Magneto was just too much of a villain in those early books.

That being said, I wouldn't be super upset to see it. I know Magneto's origin is tied up in his jewish identity but changing his origin shouldn't be sacrilege. I'd rather them get weird with stuff, it's not like most MCU heroes feel like their comic counterparts anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.