• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The weird thing about people talking up the virtues of the Raimi trilogy is that trilogy means three movies, and Spider-Man 3 is...not worth talking up.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
Spider-Verse>>>Raimi trilogy>>>>>>Venom>>>>>>>MCU>>>>>>>>>Garfield

BUT

I think people need to learn that there is room for all of these interpretations. I mean, Spider-Man has often had several books running at once with different tones/feels. I love seeing different takes on the same character, there's no "right" or "wrong" one.
No... just no.
There is ONE good to great Raimi film.
They have not aged well at all.

Venom is absolute trash. It should have bombed, but for some reason it didnt.

The MCU movies are the first damn time where a teenager has played the teenage character.
Homecoming and Far From Home are outstanding movies.

And don't give me the nonsense about it being "too intermingled" into the MCU. If you knew anything of the character, that's ALWAYS been the case. He's tried to join just about every team out there.. staring with the Fantastic Four.

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
Just to be clear, are you saying Jewish people aren't marginalized?
??I don't know where you caught that in what i wrote but uhhhh no to answer your question lol.

Look all i'm saying is the themes of the x-men is deeply rooted in stuff like the civil rights movement and lgbt issues, so if they can retcon bobby into a cute fellow gay guy i see no problem in a black or asian xavier, for magneto well.. jewish poc are you know alive so take that as you will.

Or would yall have this again from a white(blue) woman??
tumblr_nbopph2dAm1twb990o1_500.gif

Oct 25, 2017
??I don't know where you caught that in what i wrote but uhhhh no to answer your question lol.

Look all i'm saying is the themes of the x-men is deeply rooted in stuff like the civil rights movement and lgbt issues, so if they can retcon bobby into a cute fellow gay guy i see no problem in a black or asian xavier, for magneto well.. jewish poc are you know alive so take that as you will.

Or would yall have this again from a white(blue) woman??
tumblr_nbopph2dAm1twb990o1_500.gif

It sounded like you lumped Jewish ppl in with white people. While many of us are a non-visible minority, we still face a high risk of hate crimes in many places so taking a character with a holocaust survivor background away would be very upsetting to a lot of Jews.

"I'm here for it honestly as a black fan it's fucked up that it's about injustices and marginilized folk but it's made up of white people, no wonder people are thirsty for a solo storm project, it will actually make sense for the theme."

Last edited:

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking forward to getting FFH on 4K but not going to bother. The whole thing has been rendered moot.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I don't understand how it was received so well, and then no network wanted it. Bullshit.

My speculation for quite a while has been that the pilot didn't actually test that well, and that that part was spin from certain sources to make Freeform dropping it after a straight-to-series order less embarrassing for Marvel Television and those involved. I could be wrong, though.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Four weeks since the world made sense.

There was a brief period of beautiful time where it seemed the entire Marvel family was coming home together, but we lost our boy...

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
One thing I see in this whole argument that makes me laugh is people applauding Sony for standing up to the "big bad corporation Disney" even though Sony is a billion-dollar corporation themselves 😭😭😭
Moving on, Eternals cast is still so unreal, not even the cast themselves can believe it

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
This is the one time I'm glad about Spider-Man being with Sony, FFH is in 4K on Apple TV unlike all Disney movies.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
As much as I loved FFH, I just can't bring myself to buy it and give sony money after everything that's happened. It really sucks because at the end of it my wife and i were so hyped. It all just seems so pointless now.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Homecoming is better than FFH to me. FFH is good, but not great. I found the first half somewhat boring.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
As much as I loved FFH, I just can't bring myself to buy it and give sony money after everything that's happened. It really sucks because at the end of it my wife and i were so hyped. It all just seems so pointless now.

i'm really torn about it. I would hate to be missing the blu-ray steelbook edition of one of my favorite MCU movies in the collection. As much as I fucking love the movie, I can't be motivated to watch it again for now. But I know I'll be regretting it if I don't buy the blu-ray.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly liked FFH more for what it set up than for what it was. And that first half was sloooow. I'd need to watch it again, but honestly the whole thing seems so damn empty now. It was essentially "Spidey in the MCU: What Happens Next?!: The Movie", and I think the blue balls from the ending will forever taint FFH. It's a damn shame because it's got some great moments, particularly anything involving Mysterio (They were 2 for 2 on great portrayals of classic Spidey villains).

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I'm really torn on whether on not to get the Blu Ray. I don't want to reward Sony for this shit. But I'm of the mind that FFH is gonna make a shitton of sales anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.