• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
FFH social media reaction embargo is up tomorrow, which means it's time to start muting words on Twitter and starting a general gradual blackout of social media until I see it
From what DanielRPK said we should expect a better movie than Homecoming which I fucking loved, so if Marvel could pull that off....I'm already as hyped as you can be for a movie, but is it possible to transcend hype?
If that extended to Rotten Tomatoes it would mean that it gets at least a 94%, which is only 3 percent away from Spider-Verse (hoping that there aren't wars between Spider-Verse fans and MCU fans over which one is better, you can enjoy both people!)

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
FFH social media reaction embargo is up tomorrow, which means it's time to start muting words on Twitter and starting a general gradual blackout of social media until I see it
From what DanielRPK said we should expect a better movie than Homecoming which I fucking loved, so if Marvel could pull that off....I'm already as hyped as you can be for a movie, but is it possible to transcend hype?
If that extended to Rotten Tomatoes it would mean that it gets at least a 94%, which is only 3 percent away from Spider-Verse (hoping that there aren't wars between Spider-Verse fans and MCU fans over which one is better, you can enjoy both people!)

Not just better than Homecoming, probably the best non-Avengers MCU movie in a long time. Also avoid ALL social media next week. It opens in China in the middle of the week and there will be huge spoilers being filmed on Instagram and other video sites next weekend before it's out here and you absolutely want to be unspoiled for this one.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'll have all the scoops for you guys next Thursday night after I see it. Feel free to ask me anything.

EDIT - I will not post the end credits stuff under any circumstances, sorry. Not even under spoiler text or via PM.

Last edited:

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Oh and the title is absolute
giphy.gif

Was wondering when we were gonna rename this thread

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Not just better than Homecoming, probably the best non-Avengers MCU movie in a long time. Also avoid ALL social media next week. It opens in China in the middle of the week and there will be huge spoilers being filmed on Instagram and other video sites next weekend before it's out here and you absolutely want to be unspoiled for this one.

That's awesome.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Next month is wild for us all. Spider-Man: Far From Home premiere, possible SDCC Hall H MCU slate announcement and Jonathan Hickman's X-Men comic book run starts. And for the gamers there's Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Where would Far From Home fit on my MCU tier list in your opinion?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

God damn

I'm expecting some crazy teases for the future of the MCU in this movie.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'll have all the scoops for you guys next Thursday night after I see it. Feel free to ask me anything.

EDIT - I will not post the end credits stuff under any circumstances, sorry. Not even under spoiler text or via PM.
Speaking of post-credits scenes, what are y'all personally expecting, at least for the serious one (there's usually one important and one funny one with MCU movies)
Norman Osborn? Sinister Six? Teaser for a non-Spidey sequel (Eternals)?

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Even if it is misdirection on Mysterios part, the multiverse is definitely a thing and will definitely be a big part of the MCU going forward.

oh I'm sure that'll happen at some point, I don't disagree

btw, Deadline's Hall H article says that FFH isn't believed to contain any significant clues about future Marvel Studios films from Disney. could well be mistaken on that particular point but FWIW

From what we hear, the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home isn't expected to offer any clues as to what's next in the Disney MCU since it's a Sony release.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting:

- Who bought the Avengers building reveal (Norman Osborn or F4)
- Something Multiverse related, maybe a really subtle tease towards incursions ("There are consequences to be had if people keep hopping between universes")
- FUCKING GALACTUS aka a mega tease setting up the entire next phase of the MCU that could have been the post credits scene for Endgame but was held off

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Jessica Jones, season three, episode two, thirteen minutes, forty-five seconds: Trish puts on the Hellcat costume and says "Hell no."

I'm not watching the rest of this shit.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
The great thing about FFH is that no one has been able to guess it. I'm just waiting for a site like WGTC to spoil it for everyone, which is going to suck. With the premiere tomorrow night, it'll probably be spoiled everywhere by this weekend and then there will be potato phone video of it next weekend after the international openings.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'm expecting something crazy like a Tony multiverse cameo or Spider-Gwen. I'd die if it's the start of a Spider-army arc.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Jessica Jones, season three, episode two, thirteen minutes, forty-five seconds: Trish puts on the Hellcat costume and says "Hell no."

I'm not watching the rest of this shit.
I swear the Netflix shows hated being Marvel shows. Daredevil was the only one who embraced it.

Next month is wild for us all. Spider-Man: Far From Home premiere, possible SDCC Hall H MCU slate announcement and Jonathan Hickman's X-Men comic book run starts. And for the gamers there's Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Alright, social media embargo begins NOW.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I say we all take a moment to commend ZattMurdock on his unwavering belief in Endgame passing Avatar for #1. It's still not a for sure but with this re-release news, it sure seems like it will happen.

tenor.gif

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Endgame is 45 million away from Avatar.

Aside from Toy Story 4, the box office competition is moot. Dark Phoenix, MiB, and Shaft are all bombs. There's nothing for people to see except Toy Story 4, which will be in its second weekend.

It's the perfect storm.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Endgame is 45 million away from Avatar.

Aside from Toy Story 4, the box office competition is moot. Dark Phoenix, MiB, and Shaft are all bombs. There's nothing for people to see except Toy Story 4, which will be in its second weekend.

It's the perfect storm.
Which I've previously noticed but no one fucking believed me.

CRjoXkFAapgzbY4QvVA5B235O8PhekS0A39BzO6WnvZWFS8GtNH4I5FNG_Yb5dt7isJzaNspJyAs8c59iyw90Av3_CTndjIThpjVOyjLszjL1WwMbS0iz1pxwMNkII-n1Q=w514-h286-nc

This one is for Kevin Feige.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the 're-release' will do much. Isn't it only for a weekend. And it just has a deleted scene, a tribute and some extras during the end-credits. Nah, I still don't think it's gonna pass Avatar. But it's fun to follow since it's so close between the two films.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018

Ugh, now you're going to force me to keep my expectations in check. I'm hoping it's and exciting new character or characters for the future of the MCU.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, now you're going to force me to keep my expectations in check. I'm hoping it's and exciting new character or characters for the future of the MCU.
I think you're already letting your expectations run wild.

Guessing this is official art. Haven't really looked into it.

ffhyxjob.jpg

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Jake Gyllenhaal has shared a new clip from Far From Home on his Instagram. Here's the YouTube embed though:

And the one from some two days ago is now on YouTube:

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
I think you're already letting your expectations run wild.

I think you're right, but hopefully not too outlandish. I mean they did introduce another villain in the Homecoming post-credits.

Honestly though, I do hope that the movie and/or post-credits scene indicate a continued MCU future with Spider-Man in it. I'm enjoying the full shared Marvel universe and I hope Spidey can stick around long enough for us to see Osborn impact the MCU and maybe a few more fun crossovers (e.g. Spider-Man and the F4). Fingers crossed for great reviews and a good box office performance with that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.