• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm reading that apparently Zemo is getting the proper purple mask in Falcon and The Winter Soldier as I speculated. I wonder if Captain Falcon or Bucky will fuck up his face as well like Steve did in the comics. This could be the perfect setup for Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers if they don't kill him.

Also, Florence Pugh had better be the next Black Widow and please don't murder Taskmaster.
YEEEEEEEEES. This is what I fully love about Marvel. Embrace that comic shit. He should have a sword too.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The female lead for Eternals still hasn't been cast right? I'm pretty sure Karen will end up being a combination of Margo and Sersei.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Eh, a few cool announcements for sure, but not a lot for me, personally speaking. My hype for the MCU is starting to fade, as I knew it would. Doctor Strange 2 I'll definitely see, but that's kinda it. Dubious of Thor 4 for now, despite loving Ragnorork. Blade coming into the MCU is pretty neat, though.

I'm surprised about no Black Panther 2 and no Spider-Man 3 announcements, though. You'd think they'd want those cash cows out in a reasonable time. Guess Guardians will get it's time after Suicide Squad.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, a few cool announcements for sure, but not a lot for me, personally speaking. My hype for the MCU is starting to fade, as I knew it would. Doctor Strange 2 I'll definitely see, but that's kinda it. Dubious of Thor 4 for now, despite loving Ragnorork. Blade coming into the MCU is pretty neat, though.

I'm surprised about no Black Panther 2 and no Spider-Man 3 announcements, though. You'd think they'd want those cash cows out in a reasonable time. Guess Guardians will get it's time after Suicide Squad.

Spider-man would be a Sony annoucment. It's probably July 2021.

Black Panther 2 and captain marvel are probably 2022.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Feige is asked if this is all of Phase 4, if they're gonna do something different with the X-Men and Blade:

Talking Blade and Mahershala:

First Muslim lead superhero right?!?
The Eternals cast:

eternals0qj4b.jpg
What a great diverse fucking cast!

luca

Oct 25, 2017
No.

First Muslim lead superhero right?!?
At the top of my head, I think so, but I'm not 100% sure.
Maybe someone else can answer it.

That's strange because Marvel still had Spider-Man movies on their slates
Marvel added Spider-Man: Homecoming and Far From Home to their Phase 3 slate when Sony was ready to announce it.

I love how happy Simu looks
I'm loving what I've seen of Simu Liu so far on stage, he seems super charming and a lot of fun. Will be watching Kim's Convenience tonight or tomorrow.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Feige confirms that the Phase 4 slate they revealed yesterday is the complete Phase 4 slate.

Which means, Blade is Phase 5.
So Black Panther 2, GotG3 and Captain Marvel 2 are basically also Phase 5.

Steve Weintraub also asked him about Cottonmouth lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel added Spider-Man: Homecoming and Far From Home to their Phase 3 slate when Sony was ready to announce it.

I
Kevin Feige confirms that the Phase 4 slate they revealed yesterday is the complete Phase 4 slate.

Guess this means we're waiting on Sony to find out if FFH sequel is phase 4 or 5

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017

Wish his question was more direct lol.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope Blade won't end up being another case of Black Adam with the Rock.
Endless fucking delays despite announcement years ago.

Oct 29, 2017
Wonder if red guardian will reappear in the falcon and the winter soldier. They will probably kill him in this movie though :(

luca

Oct 25, 2017
You can tell Emma Fuhrmann is excited to suit up, and I don't blame her:

And the descriptions of that Black Widow v Yelena fight scene sounds brutal, and I have quite the expectations for the fights in this film.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone think that characters getting a trilogy of movies is no longer sustainable?
With all these IPs they have to introduce which fills out so many slots over a course of years...
I think if there are additional stories to tell for any specific character, it needs to be weaved into an event or crossover movie/mini series.
A full on trilogy for a specific Marvel character doesn't seem logistically possible anymore going foward.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Anyone think that characters getting a trilogy of movies is no longer sustainable?
With all these IPs they have to introduce which fills out so many slots over a course of years...
I think if there are additional stories to tell for any specific character, it needs to be weaved into an event or crossover movie/mini series.
A full on trilogy for a specific Marvel character doesn't seem logistically possible anymore going foward.
I mean, I get what you mean, but they just announced Thor 4. Although yeah, I'm really curious how they're going to keep fitting both sequels and new characters in. It already feels like it's quite a long wait for something like Black Panther 2.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

also wonder if CM2, BP2, and GOTG3 will all be 2022 releases, or if one of them will slip into 2023 to accommodate a new property (if so, I'd guess that might be GOTG3, particularly given the production schedule for The Suicide Squad)

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
That question seems kind fo silly the day after a fourth Thor movie was announced.
I mean for new IPs going forward.
It's easy for established IPs like Thor since they started way back when it wasn''t stacked with so many other IPs and movies around it.
But going forward, I feel like the newly announced IPs like Shang-Chi, Eternals, etc.. will not necessarily get a full trilogy of movies anymore.
And they don't have to either. They don't have to force a trilogy for the sake of making a trilogy.
They have WAY too many things to play with in their toy box at this point.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like everything about Taskmaster's design but the visor. I don't have any affinity to the comic book looks though.

Also Zemo's mask is apparently purple after all and with the lines in it.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
F0OBEgP.png

Turns out Blade is phase 5 so boop

also, any feed back on the design of the thing is appreciated, trying to figure out how else to organise this banner. Might have to redo it from scratch...

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IMO if youre going to put Fantastic Four on there, then you should have Xmen as well. Or have neither. They were both teased in the same way with real announcement made. We have no idea what phase they fall into. (Other than not being in 4, obviously.)

Oct 29, 2017
It's probably foolish of me to hope that they'll find a way to have or even refer to The Captain Britain Corps in Strange but at this point with Marvel, fuck it.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That Black Widow fight scene getting compared to John Wick has me stupid hyped.

Can't wait to see what they do with Shang-Chi either. Here's hoping for some beautifully coreographed and shot martial arts action.

Oct 31, 2017
Looking at Feige's interviews and his demeanor/mannerism, you can tell why the MCU is so successful. The dude is a big kid who happens to be a genius savant. The dude is legit happy that someone like Ali is playing Blade. He is legit happy with all the characters he can play with now. Of course he's well compensated, but I don't think money is his main motivator.

Feige also says mutants/X-Men is interchangeable when asked why he said mutants and not X-Men.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Did all of the rumored Disney+ shows get officially announced or was there still one more?

I think Hawkeye was the one that wasn't announced at that Disney+ reveal a few months back, but I'm trying to remember if there was another rumored one.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Did all of the rumored Disney+ shows get officially announced or was there still one more?

I think Hawkeye was the one that wasn't announced at that Disney+ reveal a few months back, but I'm trying to remember if there was another rumored one.
All of the shows mentioned in the trades were announced at this event.

Oct 31, 2017
Strange -> Strange 2 = 5 years
Thor 3 -> Thor 4 = 4 years

I m gonna guess Feb 2022 is Panther 2. A 4 year gap.
May 2022 and July 2022 can be almost anything, but I'm ruling out GoTG 3 because of Gunn's schedule and SS being an Aug 21 release. Not enough time. I'm also ruling out CM2 as I think they'll go 4 years between her movies also. So it can be FF if they are fast tracking it like some people have said, but I'm gonna guess Ant Man 3 gets July 2022 (4 year gap) and Deadpool or Blade gets May.

And yes, I want an end to the Ant Man trilogy. They can get Taskmaster there as well (please don't kill him off in BW).

Status
Not open for further replies.