• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
They were well known enough to be featured in the school's tribute video at the beginning of Far From Home, and Black Widow is casually name dropped by Flash in Homecoming and Zemo in Civil War. All the Avengers are well known. Maybe not to Iron Man's level, but you'd think there would be more mentioned of everyone else.

Especially Steve, the tribute video in Far From Home suggests that the public thinks he's dead, but he's not even mentioned in Far From Home.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Tony and Steve are the icons of The Avengers and Steve was publicly presented as a War Criminal and Fugitive. It makes complete sense that people would focus more on Tony's loss. Especially people in New York where Tony lived and operated primarily.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Natasha was also a mysterious figure for most of her life, and regarded as a vigilante and then criminal after Winter Soldier and Civil War. In FFH you see the classroom wall full of drawings of Tony, and there's just one of Natasha. It makes sense especially if the public doesn't know how and why she died.

I'm sure both the Black Widow film and Falcon & Winter Soldier will show us more of how the world reacts to their deaths.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited. Does that mean Deadpool would be in the MCU then?
This was always the case, as far back as when Bob Iger stated it only makes sense to have everything Marvel under one roof. Earlier this week Deadline reported that Kevin Feige was given control of the Fox properties including Deadpool:

Sources familiar with what's going on there tell me that while Watts had to give up the Marvel properties that include Deadpool to Kevin Feige, her decision to continue was certainly incentivized by continuing to oversee the Avatar sequels generated by James Cameron.

Last edited:

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Deadpool in MCU gonna best thing ever after spider-man.
deadpool-mcu.jpg

Nov 1, 2017
Brie Larson's strongest Avenger, Captain Marvel, returns to the summit of the Official Film Chart this week thanks to its release on DVD and Blu-ray, after shooting into the top spot two weeks ago on digital sales alone.

The superhero epic shifted over 231,000 copies and outsold the rest of the Top 10 combined this week as its fellow Marvel Universe title, Avengers Endgame was announced as the highest grossing film of all time at cinemas.

I absolutely love how much this film is trolling it's haters (bigots/incels who said this movie is going to flop and disney will replace brie).

$1+ billion on it's box office run and now it's making fuck ton of money on home media sales all around the globe. HA!

higherfurtherfasterbaby.gif

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
He had a more public face than Tony in the 5 years leading up to the end of Endgame.

Also, Nat was the leader of the Avengers for 5 years.
My impression was that Natasha's Avengers were not really operating in any public way (to that point point: half of them were not even on Earth) and Steve had given up superhero-ing during those five years in favor of support groups.

Both in-universe and in real life, Tony was always the best-known, most popular and the First so his death is going to hit harder for more people -- both within the MCU and the real world -- than Natasha's or Vision's.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
It would be funny if the MCU Deadpool has little references to the first two movies, maybe referring to them as a fever dream he once had.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017

I absolutely love how much this film is trolling it's haters (bigots/incels who said this movie is going to flop and disney will replace brie).

$1+ billion on it's box office run and now it's making fuck ton of money on home media sales all around the globe. HA!

higherfurtherfasterbaby.gif

That's amazing. It's not my favorite entry, but I really love it. Fuck neckbeard youtubers.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I never understood people like John Campea being so adamant that Deadpool will exist outside the MCU and continue as a Fox brand. It never made any sort of sense. Who in their right mind would believe that Disney would get back all the rights for mutants and Feige wouldn't bring Deadpool under his wing?

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I never understood people like John Campea being so adamant that Deadpool will exist outside the MCU and continue as a Fox brand. It never made any sort of sense. Who in their right mind would believe that Disney would get back all the rights for mutants and Feige wouldn't bring Deadpool under his wing?

Campea was also adamant that there would be no Superman appearance in Shazam.

Also it directly goes against the CEO OF DISNEY saying there won't be "Two Marvels".

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
So does anyone know what time Endgame will be unlocking for digital release? I'm debating if I want to stay up and watch it as soon as it becomes available.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So does anyone know what time Endgame will be unlocking for digital release? I'm debating if I want to stay up and watch it as soon as it becomes available.

I think it's usually midnight Eastern, though I might be wrong about that. But that's what I seem to recall from when Into the Spider-Verse came out.

Xam3l

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I have a very important question. With the digital release of Endgame just hours away I would like to know if there will be a 4K digital version and if so, where do you guys recomend me getting it? Thanks!

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I think it's usually midnight Eastern, though I might be wrong about that. But that's what I seem to recall from when Into the Spider-Verse came out.
Oh, awesome thanks! Staying up to 2am CST to watch the whole thing might be tough but I think I can do it. lol

I have a very important question. With the digital release of Endgame just hours away I would like to know if there will be a 4K digital version and if so, where do you guys recomend me getting it? Thanks!

I will be purchasing from VUDU, which works with MoviesAnywhere, and they will have a UHD version available for digital purchase.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, awesome thanks! Staying up to 2am CST to watch the whole thing might be tough but I think I can do it. lol

You're welcome! Now I just hope I'm right! :D (It's definitely going to be midnight on one of the coasts. Check at midnight eastern, and if not, then it will probably be midnight pacific.)

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Saw Far From Home again this weekend. Still think it was a mistake back in Homecoming to name MJ "Michelle." She should have just been named Mary Jane Watson, changing her name just gives idiots still holding out for the "real MJ" plausible deniability. The 'twist' that she was MJ all along in Homecoming didn't require her name to be different either, they could have easily gotten away with never naming her on screen until the end. And she's never referred to as anything but MJ in Far From Home, even in the credits where the other prominent classmates were identified with their full names unlike Homecoming's credits.

Just a minor sticking point for me.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Saw Far From Home again this weekend. Still think it was a mistake back in Homecoming to name MJ "Michelle." She should have just been named Mary Jane Watson, changing her name just gives idiots still holding out for the "real MJ" plausible deniability. The 'twist' that she was MJ all along in Homecoming didn't require her name to be different either, they could have easily gotten away with never naming her on screen until the end. And she's never referred to as anything but MJ in Far From Home, even in the credits where the other prominent classmates were identified with their full names unlike Homecoming's credits.

Just a minor sticking point for me.
Sort of agreed, although I always think of it the other way around: they should've never called her MJ at the end (although I guess people could then still hold out for MJ). This is a different character, that's fine. Why the meaningless 'MJ' nod? Or indeed, just call her Mary Jane Watson all the way. It doesn't really matter, but certainly considering she has such a small role in Homecoming, a twist was just distracting and unneeded. Oh well.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my 4k Vudu pre-ordered. Need me that Dolby Atmos <3. Infinity war looked incredible with Dolby even through streaming

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
New Endgame deleted scene:

Reminder: the digital version of the film comes out tomorrow.

I'm glad that was cut just for the fact that the Chitauri being the "suckiest army in the galaxy" just sort of shits on everything, from Thanos wiping out life on so many planets, to Earth getting close to being taken over by them, to the Guardians/Nova/Ravagers and Captain Marvel never doing anything about stopping them, to them being the army they had to fight at the end of the movie.

They might be generic mooks at the end of the day that can be whooped on by even Nat and Clint, but it feels dumb to disregard the destruction they've caused just by their numbers alone fighting for Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.