• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm REALLY curious how some of these moves will tie in with one another on a macro level...

I guess Shang Chi, Blade, Falcon/Wintersoldier, and Hawkguy covers the street level
while Eternals, Dr.Strange, Thor, etc... will cover the cosmic side??

What about Fury, Skrulls, and possibly SWORD? How are they going to be part of Phase 4?

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
Was thinking about how the post credits of Far From Home would tie into the next batch of MCU films, and I have no idea when the Skrulls or Fury would show up.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
while Eternals, Dr.Strange, Thor, etc... will cover the cosmic side??
I honestly think Eternals will be based on Earth a lot, despite the cosmic logo. Both the Jack Kirby and Neil Gaiman run are set on Earth for a huge amount of their series with the mythology playing into the humans history, and the Eternals being sent to Earth to handle the Deviants in this movie. Although the Celestials, space gods and all that is very cosmic-based. I just think it'll be set a lot on Earth.

I'm honestly bummed about no Sersi. She has some really fun powers, and I was really looking forward to her changing atoms to whatever she pleases. They probably want to introduce her in the sequels.

Slayven who is Flanx Bright?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll continue to get "what is up with Nick Fury?" teases threaded through the next couple years. Not on the same scale as the Thanos hype, but a similar sort of story told through post-credit sequences.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think Eternals will be based on Earth a lot, despite the cosmic logo. Both the Jack Kirby and Neil Gaiman run are set on Earth for a huge amount of their series with the mythology playing into the humans history, and the Eternals being sent to Earth to handle the Deviants in this movie. Although the Celestials, space gods and all that is very cosmic-based. I just think it'll be set a lot on Earth.

I'm honestly bummed about no Sersi. She has some really fun powers, and I was really looking forward to her changing atoms to whatever she pleases. They probably want to introduce her in the sequels.

Slayven who is Flanx Bright?
Isn't that Sprite?

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
hTsFf0y.png

Since the D+ series are part of the Phase, tadaa~

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
MCU is at the point where it could do its own Celebration type event and do a whole weekends worth of announcements. Comic Con and D23 isn't enough.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Nothing indicates Fantastic 4 is Phase Four. Heck, nothing indicates Blade is, either. Double heck, Black Panther 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and Captain Marvel 2 were mentioned before it...
I find it hard to believe that phase 4 only have content up to 2021. there will be more stuff in phase 4 and there's going to be an Avengers movie near the end of phase 4

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
So you think phase 4 is just two years of movies and TV shows and not at least four years long like phase 3.
I find it hard to believe that phase 4 only have content up to 2021. there will be more stuff in phase 4 and there's going to be an Avengers movie near the end of phase 4
I think they might be doing things differently for the phases going forward. This is a lot of content, and that's all that's been presented explicitly as Phase 4.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The addition of Disney+ shows into the "main canon" really upends the amount of content per Phase, so I can see them shrinking down to ~2 years for each.

In actual hours to watch Phase 4 is already going to be many times as long as Phase 3, which was already the size of the first two Phases put together.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing official clips from Endgame in the IMAX ratio online, are we actually getting the IMAX version?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking they could be changing Margo in the comic books into a male character here, and have Kumail Nanjiani in the role, since they didn't announce his character. I could see him play a comedic character being surprised at all the revelations about the mythology and Gods, and be the audience's point-of-view. I mean, they've changed quite a bit already. That said, I would love for him to be an Eternal.

Last edited:

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm reading that apparently Zemo is getting the proper purple mask in Falcon and The Winter Soldier as I speculated. I wonder if Captain Falcon or Bucky will fuck up his face as well like Steve did in the comics. This could be the perfect setup for Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers if they don't kill him.

Also, Florence Pugh had better be the next Black Widow and please don't murder Taskmaster.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost done watching the panel. And Feige said we'll get to see more of Clint's time as Ronin in the show.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been anything official (A Feige quote/interview?) pointing towards an Ant Man 3, or are we just assuming it'll happen because the first two did well at the box office?

Right now on my UNANNOUNCED BUT PROBABLY HAPPENING list after today:

- Spider-Man 3 (Holland still has 1 more movie on his current deal, post credits from FFH all but confirms it)
- Ms. Marvel (Feige quote: "Ms. Marvel... is definitely in the works, we have plans once we've introduced Captain Marvel to the world.")
- Nova (Feige quote: "Nova is… if we have a big board with a bunch of characters that have more immediate potential, Nova is on that board.")
- Deadpool 3 (Bob Iger not only confirmed there will be Deadpool, but R-rated Deadpool coming in the future)

Not sure if I'm missing anything.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been anything official (A Feige quote/interview?) pointing towards an Ant Man 3, or are we just assuming it'll happen because the first two did well at the box office?
Feige haven't said anything, and all Paul Rudd has said is:

"I don't know. You need to make a call to the top brass and start a campaign to make it happen."

I think it's just so far out right now. Ant-Man and the Wasp just released a year ago.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I doubt Antman 3 is in works for the immediate future since it likely would have been announced at the end alongside CM2, BP2 and GoTG3.

I'm of the opinion that if the new franchises are more successful than Antman then we will have likely had the last of standalone Antman films. The floor is looking like $1B now so I'm sure that's what Marvel will be shooting for going forward.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dying to see that fight scene between Natasha and Yelena - go Florence Pugh, woo!. I hope she gets to stick around, she's my instant #1 in the MCU.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

We know of Kumail Nanjiani's character now. He's playing Kingo.

David Harbour is Red Guardian. He also mentioned at the panel that he has history with Captain America that we'll get to understand when we see the movie. OT Fagbenle seem to be Phineas Mason. They mentioned his character was very much into Natasha, and we know (I think?) he have picked up a lot of Natasha's moves.

And if there was any doubt, Marvel.com confirms Blade is a movie:

Kevin Feige introduced Mahershala Ali as Blade! Not only that -- Marvel Studios' Blade will also slash its way into theaters!

Last edited:

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This could be the perfect setup for Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers if they don't kill him.

Also, Florence Pugh had better be the next Black Widow and please don't murder Taskmaster.
It would be really cool if "The Thunderbolts" are fallen villains from previous films: Zemo, Hammer, Ghost, General Ross, Taskmaster, Batroc and on top of that you throw in some new faces to mix it up a bit.

"Dark Avengers" should be a Norman Osborn initiative with all new villains. And honestly I wouldn't mind if it becomes a franchise with every movie being from the point of view of the bad guys (something among the lines of "Infinity War" where Thanos was the center of the movie and not the heroes)

And I totally agree about Florence Pugh becoming the new Widow (I don't think they'll leave Nats spot empty)

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This cast is just LOVELY.

bwcastrzjzg.jpg

Lots of Black Widow cast interviews. Quite some info in there.

Menina's character. Weisz also said we'll get to meet a bunch of "black widows," like Natasha, Yelena and Menina.
"She's been cycled through the Red Room Widow program five times, so she's pretty highly-skilled, trained, spy-assassin who's also pretty interested in science," The Favourite star revealed.

On OT Fagbenle's Red Guardian:
"In the Cold War, there was a nuclear arms race and the Americans developed all these armaments, including Captain America," the actor explained of his character, who has a backstory in the Marvel comic canon. "The Soviets retaliated by creating their own version, called the Red Guardian. But he's somewhat different than Captain America. He's a very complicated guy, and that's what I love about him."

Florence said she's doing her own stuntwork - I guess she's doing her fights?:
"I get to have a love and hate relationship with her, all the time," gushed the actress, who was reveling in the "pinch-me moment" of her very first Comic-Con. "It's great!"

David Harbour also said BLACK WIDOW happens right after Captain America. Civil War.

Scarlet Johansson:

Rachel Weisz was asked if she's Taskmaster:

Entertainment Weekly also talked to the cast:

"Where we find Natasha in her life at this point is very specific," Johansson reveals. "She really is in a dark place where she's got no one to call and nowhere to go. She's really grappling with her own self. When something huge explodes and all the pieces are landing, you have that moment of stillness where you don't know what to do next — that's the moment that she's in. In that moment, you actually have to face yourself."

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Feige is asked if this is all of Phase 4, if they're gonna do something different with the X-Men and Blade:

Talking Blade and Mahershala:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.